Why sim HAAT gives only 6 shards while sim HPIT gives 10 shards.

Prev1
ShawDou
297 posts Member
edited December 2020
Any reason why sim HAAT only gives 6 shards of Kenobi? It feels like unnecessary nerf for rewards.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• My guild was wondering the same thing.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Esharan wrote: »
    Was also wondering about this seems really dumb, but CG is very greedy so they prob simply don't want us to have the extra 4 shards for shard shop currency.

Indeed, the extra 120 SSC every 3 days (assuming full raid tix earned by guild) by giving 10 shards vs 6 shards would likely destroy this game. Let’s look it over:
    -120 SSC amounts to 1/3rd (360 total price)
    -of 1/10th (purchase is 4/40 purple salvage (could consider it 4/70 but SSC economy would really equate to 4/100, so feel free to use 1/25th))
    -of 1/6th (total number of single gear tier pieces)
    -of 1/12th (number of gear tiers) required to get a character to the level to farm relic materials.

Surely, NOW you can see why they could not give you those extra 4 shards every 3 days. Using the best looking math* from the dev perspective: awarding an extra 1/3rd of 1/10th (or 1/25th) of 1/6th of 1/12th max gear required per character (only after the guild achieves the HAAT sim) every 3 days is simply too generous.

Extreme buffs to GLs (SLKR), extreme difficulty tuning of TB & new rancor raid, competition driving wedges between guild members in guild events (HSTR), relic-gating content, and fallacious communication are all beneficial for the game and the community as a whole. Thank goodness they realized that 120 extra shard shop currency every 3 days would obliterate the game.

Sorry for all the sarcasm above, but some of the devs or bean counters (whoever this decision fell upon) are the “stealing ketchup packets” sort of folk. Stingy, stingy...CG. Another shame on you IMO.

*Note: I understand the math is less than accurate. I understand all gear tiers are not equal. I understand someone may correct me. None of this changes that the difference of 120 SSC every 3 days is a fairly small amount in the overall scheme. Certainly the “billionaire” could be on the “losing” end of this proposition.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Ok so the pit became farmable we got max raid han rewards and then a lower loot box and some currency... all were lower than u wanted but average.
    pq7wjg8aeknd.jpg

So why after over a year of waiting for a raid sim is the reward only 6 kenobi shards?
    h8t1ck83mwby.jpg

Seriously is there some reason giving 10 is just breaking the game?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Well is 6 really breaking it in the other direction? Especially now that it's really 3 vs 5 in the new economy?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Well is 6 really breaking it in the other direction? Especially now that it's really 3 vs 5 in the new economy?

Not sure what you mean by 3 vs 5 in new economy?
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

No, but to quote myself:

“Certainly the “billionaire” could be on the “losing” end of this proposition.”
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    ShawDou wrote: »

The shard shop cost for gear is doubled.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    The rate of conversion for raid shards is also doubled.

And you get double shard shop currency from several toons (raid-toons included).
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited December 2020

And you get double shard shop currency from several toons (raid-toons included).

No you don't. You get double currency for ships. Toons are double drops on nodes and certain other modes, raid toons excluded.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Right not double drop double conversion. Check after your next raid and get back to me. 300 SSC for 10 Han shards.
  • Like month ago they say they want to help new players to get old toons faster and then to opposite with HAAT sim. If guild sims it with not all 7* Kenobi toons, it does not help them get Kenobi faster at all.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    Right not double drop double conversion. Check after your next raid and get back to me. 300 SSC for 10 Han shards.

No, you're right. I forgot about the "original rate" character conversion.

Still it's 4 shards 1-2 times a week. A drop in the bucket.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Like month ago they say they want to help new players to get old toons faster and then to opposite with HAAT sim. If guild sims it with not all 7* Kenobi toons, it does not help them get Kenobi faster at all.

They never said they wanted new players to get all old toons faster.

If it is such a drop in the bucket, then there is no reason to not give them to us.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

If it is such a drop in the bucket, then there is no reason to not give them to us.

Agreed, but it's also not worth losing sleep over.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited December 2020

Yes, but knowing the reason would be nice.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

Certainly true. However, it’s just another straw on this old camel’s back.
  • Also, if 6 shards isn't enough. Then don't sim it.
  • Also, if 6 shards isn't enough. Then don't sim it.

I agree with this. I'd rather not sim it and run the risk of bad RNG giving me the six shards; otherwise, i get more anyway.

Six shards, while nothing to lose sleep over, just seems unnecessarily stingy.
  • On the shards: not giving 1st place shard count is just bad.

On the boxes. Pit loot being 2 items was fine, because 95% of the loot was usable by everyone. But only 2 drops of gear that 80% doesn't get marked as needed by anyone AND is not useful for scav is just an insult.
  • This sim is literally giving last place rewards on non-currency items
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    This sim is literally giving last place rewards on non-currency items

It literally isn't.

It literally isn't.

HE'S EVERYWHERE
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

It literally isn't.

HE'S EVERYWHERE

I'm literally not
  • Pretty lame to not give out 1st place Shards like the PIT does. As someone said above, just 1 more straw.
  • I just noticed that it appears we have to start the "Win" count from 0 since my guild signed up for SIM but its still launching a live raid. Sigh, as if the last thousand or so wins didn't exist.
  • @Schwartzring it should count previous Heroic AAT attempts. We were able to sim as soon as 35 members with 7* Kenobi logged in after the update.
  • Thanks Vendi, now I'm curious as to the problem.