Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle - Republic Offensive [MEGA]

Replies

• Adamklark wrote: »
    my point is that some members here totally ignore the rng aspect and act highly

No I get that, but you also can't blame your loss on the RNG. Even if you only made one bad play and it ruined you, or if one mod was less than optimal, the loss is still *technically* your fault. Should there be a game mode tuned to the point where one single mistake is fatal? Probably not. But does that mean that the fatal flaw was still your fault? Yeah, technically.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I never denied there is unfavourable RNG (at least that was not my intention). However, most of the RNG-related complaints on the forum present as an all-time present negative factor that never lets you win despite your best efforts.

Take the KAM SM for example. Jango using Burning 2-4 times in a row is bad RNG. Using it once and you not cleansing with Rex early enough is not (maybe too slow: bad modding). Your Fives taking 6-7 hits and dying before sacrifice is poor RNG. Not being able to tank 3-4 hits however is poor/gearing modding again.

The problem is, all 4 situations above fall under the pretext of bad RNG for the vast majority of people that come to the forums complaining about TB difficulty.
  • I never denied there is unfavourable RNG (at least that was not my intention). However, most of the RNG-related complaints on the forum present as an all-time present negative factor that never lets you win despite your best efforts.

Take the KAM SM for example. Jango using Burning 2-4 times in a row is bad RNG. Using it once and you not cleansing with Rex early enough is not (maybe too slow: bad modding). Your Fives taking 6-7 hits and dying before sacrifice and is poor RNG. Not being able to tank 3-4 hits however is poor/gearing modding again.

The problem is, all 4 situations above fall under the pretext of bad RNG for the vast majority of people that come to the forums complaining about TB difficulty.

Well yeah, obviously there are misplays. But my point is if there's a possibility the complaint falls under one of those other categories, we shouldn't discount the presence of RNG as a factor. It's mostly about phrasing. If someone said "my fives took so many hits without sacrificing, I never stood a chance," obviously that sounds different then saying "RNG messed me up so bad today, this is bull." But sometimes they mean the same thing, and we should be nicer about it. Are a lot of the complaints on the forum worded poorly? Yeah. Are a lot of them bashing RNG without telling us details? Yeah again. But is it possible that for a lot of them it *is* RNG screwing them over and we should acknowledge that the game mode is tuned ridiculously high if a full r7 team with good mods can still lose an optimal battle? For sure.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    32/34 waves... Missed one in P1 because of a bad JML team comp, and one today because I made the dumb mistake of killing Spy first instead of GBA.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KAM Mission is garbage. Whoever put it together did so knowing it would cause problems and frustration purchasing. I followed the guides, remodded half my roster to make my team better. First thing that happens? Fives gets beat up first, then Rex gets knocked out, then shaak. I could have 50 "experts" watching and they can't fix it if targeting totally goes against me, no matter what I do to my team.

And I burned resources to increase the relic levels of my team for this dumb garbage mission. It is garbage. By the way, did I mention it is garbage? You're welcome CG! Let me know how much more money I need to spend to have a chance at this dumb garbage mission. Yay!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Finally tally 62 waves. RNG need not apply here, move along.
  • Fatal
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Got 70/74 waves completed last TB, 2 on misplays and couldn't grab 1/2 in the nexu mission due to GP requirement/using GR in the SM.

Does LSTB have RNG? Yeah sure, but it doesn't matter nearly as much as people like to believe.

Does it require moving your best mods around? Also yes, which is where I think the big issue arises. Mod management tools in the game simply don't give you a meaningful way to handle that many mods on such a broad scale without causing a massive time sink. It's an unnecessary headache that most players (understandably) don't want to deal with.

If you get bad RNG in LSTB, like truly bad, you'll maybe bleed 4-8 waves over the course of the thing. If you know what you're doing you'll still get a high wave count relative to what you're capable of attempting.

Bombing out 0/4 or 1/4 with most teams just means you made a mistake.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    While the mod management isn't great, thank goodness we at least got loadouts (roster-wide loadouts are the next step). By maintaining current loadouts I'm able to move mods around at least semi-efficiently.

Anyone who isn't moving mods and complaining about how hard LSTB is should look in the mirror. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to move mods. I blame anyone that complains about how bad they do when they aren't optimizing their chances.
  • I move mods for every battle. It helps a ton and it’s required to have any sustained success.

Still, the wild RNG swings are just inexcusable. Yesterday, I pulled 4/4 with JML in 1B. Super fun! Today? Same mission, same squad, same swapped mods....0/4. Droideka dropped JML from full H+P. That’s is ridiculous and enraging.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    KAM Mission is garbage. Whoever put it together did so knowing it would cause problems and frustration purchasing. I followed the guides, remodded half my roster to make my team better. First thing that happens? Fives gets beat up first, then Rex gets knocked out, then shaak. I could have 50 "experts" watching and they can't fix it if targeting totally goes against me, no matter what I do to my team.

And I burned resources to increase the relic levels of my team for this dumb garbage mission. It is garbage. By the way, did I mention it is garbage? You're welcome CG! Let me know how much more money I need to spend to have a chance at this dumb garbage mission. Yay!

lulz, what until you have Shaak blown out of the water 2 moves in mate
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ACdarkside wrote: »
    I move mods for every battle. It helps a ton and it’s required to have any sustained success.

Still, the wild RNG swings are just inexcusable. Yesterday, I pulled 4/4 with JML in 1B. Super fun! Today? Same mission, same squad, same swapped mods....0/4. Droideka dropped JML from full H+P. That’s is ridiculous and enraging.

I'm 38/38 so far this TB. What squad did you use.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I move mods for every battle. It helps a ton and it’s required to have any sustained success.

Nice work!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

humble brag at its finest
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

humble brag at its finest

Allow me to take myself down a peg.

50/51 through three phases. Technically 50/55, I don't have enough GR jedi for that mission.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

Nice work!

Thanks! And ultimately, my point is that there are ways to minimize the RNG of the event. I got 62 waves last LSTB.
  • Nadebotfm wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    KAM Mission is garbage. Whoever put it together did so knowing it would cause problems and frustration purchasing. I followed the guides, remodded half my roster to make my team better. First thing that happens? Fives gets beat up first, then Rex gets knocked out, then shaak. I could have 50 "experts" watching and they can't fix it if targeting totally goes against me, no matter what I do to my team.

lulz, what until you have Shaak blown out of the water 2 moves in mate

You must've jinxed me because Reek took Shaak down first this time. I spent two hours creating mod loadouts for my team last night, put them on, did a couple more double checks, watched a couple videos again just to be sure, followed the guide, made sure met all the numbers and boom. Shaak dead before Jango was down the 2nd time. At the least, this time Fives was able to sacrifice.

Still garbage and I still say that it shouldn't require a panel of 50 people watching to make sure you do every step correctly. The RNG factor is just excessive and needs to be reined in, big time. If there's less than a 17% chance the Reek will target one character, it shouldn't hit that same character 3 times in a row. That keeps happening, could it be CG that you specifically program the Reek to target particular characters???
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    61/63 waves with GAS mission still to go, and that's with having to skip both GR missions today (p3 middle and p4 south) because I don't have the roster for them.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Update, 63/67 after limping to a 2/4 with GAS. Still, bested my previous high by one wave. :muscle:
  • Which is the best guide to follow?
  • https://discord.gg/a6RtdUj

This server is a goldmine
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Still garbage RNG and overpowered enemies but at least we scored 12 stars with the guild... hope one day CG will finetune the LS geo...
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    https://discord.gg/a6RtdUj

This server is a goldmine

Definitely joined, thanks!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Valeran wrote: »
    Still garbage RNG and overpowered enemies but at least we scored 12 stars with the guild... hope one day CG will finetune the LS geo...

Nah it's fine.
  • Valeran wrote: »
    They won’t fine tune it.

In our first LS Geo, our guild completed 167 waves between all 50 members.

One year later, in the TB that just finished, we completed almost 1300 waves. The top 3 contributors completed more waves between them than the entire guild did a year ago.

Once you have the right toons in your rosters, the RNG is minimised.
  • We just finished our second LS Geo as a Guild. 160m GP and we earned 7*, with 9* as the goal next month.

Definitely demoralizing for smaller guilds but it is end-game content so we knew what we were getting into.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    We just finished our second LS Geo as a Guild. 160m GP and we earned 7*, with 9* as the goal next month.

Definitely demoralizing for smaller guilds but it is end-game content so we knew what we were getting into.

The thing is, it's not even end-game content for current guilds. Due to that silly math stuff, it is currently impossible for any guild to get max stars.

At the same time, people are taking RELIC 7 teams into these missions and they get blown out of the water. It is garbage and ridiculous. We're well over 12 months since they announced it and since the first LS Geo TB and relic 7 synergized teams still get blown out of the water in Phase ONE. Why? Because CG doesn't play their own game, nor do they concern themselves with events where players can get hammered by RNG. It even seems that they enjoy skewing the RNG to even larger factors the more time goes on. One TB you can get 4/4, the next (with an improved team at that) you get 1/4. And if there's a bug that 'benefits' players it's fixed fairly quickly, in comparison.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    While I completely agree with the math comment and the inability to get max stars after a year, there are definitely better and worse teams for this event.

To be clear, I definitely feel frustration during this event as well, but I also feel as though I can still improve past the challenge presented. I got 1 wave less this time compared to last, but I feel that came from a combination of factors including a possible misplay in wave 4 with my CLS squad. I also had a squad go 1/4, but my Padme squad isn’t amazing and I just haven’t taken the time to get better with that squad. Not even sure what the best Padme lineup is for this event (if it is C3PO, he is staying with my CLS squad 😉).

This is just my subjective & biased perspective. I appreciate that many will disagree with my opinion. I simply prefer PvE and my roster is progressing in a LS direction (though I enjoy DS Geo as well). I own JML, but do not have 7* Negotiator nor am I anywhere near KAM ready. Just sitting below 5.2M and I’m only sitting at 12/17 waves. Not an amazing run so far, but I do enjoy having room for improvement and the challenge this TB offers.

For reference: https://swgoh.gg/p/196182716/characters/