Did the Bronzium drops actually change?

Prev1
I waited until after the update and announced change, and then spent 50k ally points. I only hit full character drops 3 times out of 200 chances for a 1.5% drop rate. Does anybody know what it was before? Or what it’s supposed to be now?

Replies

• Don’t think the drop rate changed, they just doubled the amount of shards you get from a full unlock.
  • No, they changed the drop rates for full toon drops.
  • gtgafgf34qcg.jpeg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they actually stayed the same. It's a change that needed sustained outrage from the community and even then they tried to trick us with a half-measure, it's near-impossible to verify and there will always be people doing their best to shoot down any argument against CG. Do you think they can resist the temptation?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if they actually stayed the same. It's a change that needed sustained outrage from the community and even then they tried to trick us with a half-measure, it's near-impossible to verify and there will always be people doing their best to shoot down any argument against CG. Do you think they can resist the temptation?
    Gather data, rather than make baseless speculations.

I observed, prior to the change to 2 shard hits in bronziums, that when burning a large amount of ally points you should expect 1-2 shards per 1000 ally points spent. 1 shard per 1000 was on the unlucky side, 2 shards per 1000 was on the lucky side.

After the change to 2 shards per hit, but before yesterday’s update, I noticed it had increased but not doubled from my previous observations (1.5-2.5 shards per 1000).

If they’ve changed it, I should notice a difference now. I’ve got 100k ally points sitting ready to burn and will report back.

You know how objective you are if you suspect they haven’t changed the rate of something you have never measured before.
  • I burned through 63k ally points and got 11 full character drops so seemed like they changed to me
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

I observed, prior to the change to 2 shard hits in bronziums, that when burning a large amount of ally points you should expect 1-2 shards per 1000 ally points spent. 1 shard per 1000 was on the unlucky side, 2 shards per 1000 was on the lucky side.

After the change to 2 shards per hit, but before yesterday’s update, I noticed it had increased but not doubled from my previous observations (1.5-2.5 shards per 1000).

If they’ve changed it, I should notice a difference now. I’ve got 100k ally points sitting ready to burn and will report back.

You know how objective you are if you suspect they haven’t changed the rate of something you have never measured before.

At least try to talk abou the same thing when you defend CG. Is there even any reasonable conclusion about the drop rate of full characters (not the individual shards you talk about) that could be compared with the new one? And you actually say that while the amount of shards increased, the drop rate decreased so when turned into shard currency, we get less, so thanks for supporting my point, I guess.
    I saw 2% drop rate for full characters floated somewhere, not sure how reliable it is. So your 100k ally points, or 400 bronzium pulls, means relatively little with such a low rate. But do report back, I would like to be proven wrong, I just wouldn't be surprised if the opposite was true.

At least try to talk abou the same thing when you defend CG. Is there even any reasonable conclusion about the drop rate of full characters (not the individual shards you talk about) that could be compared with the new one? And you actually say that while the amount of shards increased, the drop rate decreased so when turned into shard currency, we get less, so thanks for supporting my point, I guess.
    I saw 2% drop rate for full characters floated somewhere, not sure how reliable it is. So your 100k ally points, or 400 bronzium pulls, means relatively little with such a low rate. But do report back, I would like to be proven wrong, I just wouldn't be surprised if the opposite was true.
    All you’re showing here is your predisposition to distrust what the devs say. You’re openly admitting that you’re unaware what the drop rate was for full character drops, yet seem quite confident that the new rate will not have been changed. And given the variance in results spending even 100k ally points, I don’t think you’d be willing to accept what any data tells you either.

And I’m not supporting your point: it has been well documented all over the forums that the original change to 2 shard hits without adjusting for full character drops resulted in a net reduction in shard shop currency for veteran players. My data simply showed that we were getting more shards than usual, but not double.

As I say, 1-2 character shards per 1000 ally points was my experience before all these changes. Occasionally less than that, very rarely more than it. If the changes have been implemented as described, I should observe 2-4 character shards per 1000 ally points.

All you’re showing here is your predisposition to distrust what the devs say. You’re openly admitting that you’re unaware what the drop rate was for full character drops, yet seem quite confident that the new rate will not have been changed. And given the variance in results spending even 100k ally points, I don’t think you’d be willing to accept what any data tells you either.

And I’m not supporting your point: it has been well documented all over the forums that the original change to 2 shard hits without adjusting for full character drops resulted in a net reduction in shard shop currency for veteran players. My data simply showed that we were getting more shards than usual, but not double.

As I say, 1-2 character shards per 1000 ally points was my experience before all these changes. Occasionally less than that, very rarely more than it. If the changes have been implemented as described, I should observe 2-4 character shards per 1000 ally points.

I'm not confident, I just wouldn't be surprised. Especially given how such a low rate is hard to estimate reliably.
    And you (as well as the hard data you allude to) support my broader point that CG can't be trusted and will try to shaft us when possible. The stated goal was for players to break even after the change, we are (as you point out yourself) demonstrably getting less. All the more reason to be suspicious about the full character drop rate as well.
    As I said, I would like to be proven wrong. If it's possible to prove at all.
  • I spent 100k after the update. Didn't bother noting down my results exactly (it was 5k+ shop currency), because it certainly looks changed.

The stated goal was for players to break even after the change, we are (as you point out yourself) demonstrably getting less. All the more reason to be suspicious about the full character drop rate as well.
    We were getting less. Were. Which was expected by everyone, complained about bitterly and as of today things should be back to normal. I really don’t see why we should be suspicious about it. They acknowledged that the first shard drop change had a negative impact on veterans, then announced yesterday’s fix to remedy that.
    I burned 100k ally points and got:
    haq8d1kgeug2.jpeg
    ti4dvt8gh6ug.jpeg

222 shards from 100k is officially higher than any previous 100k burn I’ve recorded. From my previous observations it would be at the lower end of the new range of expected results.

@MaruMaru seems to have got results nearer the top end.

Only you can decide what constitutes possible proof.

The stated goal was for players to break even after the change, we are (as you point out yourself) demonstrably getting less. All the more reason to be suspicious about the full character drop rate as well.
    We were getting less. Were. Which was expected by everyone, complained about bitterly and as of today things should be back to normal. I really don’t see why we should be suspicious about it. They acknowledged that the first shard drop change had a negative impact on veterans, then announced yesterday’s fix to remedy that.
    I burned 100k ally points and got:
    haq8d1kgeug2.jpeg
    ti4dvt8gh6ug.jpeg

222 shards from 100k is officially higher than any previous 100k burn I’ve recorded. From my previous observations it would be at the lower end of the new range of expected results.

@MaruMaru seems to have got results nearer the top end.

Only you can decide what constitutes possible proof.

Yes, I had quickly peeked into what I got, there were 2 80 drops in there.
  • Which is where the big variance kicks in, and might be the source of @Nauros ’s doubt.

To come to my (old rate) conclusion of 1-2 shards per 1000 ally points, I was looking at 25-50k burns typically, with a few 100k burns thrown in. But any time you are lucky enough to get a 50 or an 80, that will definitely skew the figures.

In today’s 100k burn I got a 10, 25, 25 in 3 successive bronziums. Take those 3 out and the results look very different!
  • Do with this what you will.

ujzsvc2ekqfc.jpeg
    e2bk21t2dacf.jpeg

• 801 shards from 250K ally points.

That’s 3.4 shards per 1000.

Case closed, for me.
  • Yeah, even better than my high endish drops on 100k.
  • I converted that same number (250k)ally points for 11805 shard store tokens... so almost as many as in the screen capture above. I don’t know how that would compare to before the economy update.
  • CapD wrote: »
    I converted that same number (250k)ally points for 11805 shard store tokens... so almost as many as in the screen capture above. I don’t know how that would compare to before the economy update.

My observations were you could expect between 1-2 shards per 1000 ally points spent.

Both you and Lenders are reporting over 3 shards per attempt, which would have been beyond extraordinary before the change.

You get a shard every 4 pulls? Come on.
  • Drathuk916
    624 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    uqglhftt986y.png

Ignore the Han shards. From 25k ally so 2100. Skewed a little by the 80 shard boba
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    CapD wrote: »
    I converted that same number (250k)ally points for 11805 shard store tokens... so almost as many as in the screen capture above. I don’t know how that would compare to before the economy update.

My observations were you could expect between 1-2 shards per 1000 ally points spent.

Both you and Lenders are reporting over 3 shards per attempt, which would have been beyond extraordinary before the change.

I'm interested that you track this data, but you only record it as 1-2 shards per 1000?

Why not use a specific fraction. Like 1.5 or whatever the average ends up being. Makes it way easier to compare.1-2 is so imprecise...

You get a shard every 4 pulls? Come on.
    Earlier on I was more specific...

over a large burn of ally points (typically 25k or more) I used to see results ranging from 1 shard per 1000 ally points to 2 shards per 1000 ally points. This is the total number of shards earned divided by the number of 1000 ally points I spent.

The full character drops are what result in these figures. Burning 25k ally points (100 bronziums) would typically net me 2, 3 or sometimes more full character drops. If they were a 25, 50 or even 80 shard drop that results in the average being as I observed.

I hope you understand now that I am not and have never been claiming that every 4 bronziums I got a shard.

What about you? I mean, I observed this and recorded the results over a period of months. I presume you've done the same to cast doubt on my findings?

• Ragnarok_COTF
    1771 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Snake2 wrote: »

I'm interested that you track this data, but you only record it as 1-2 shards per 1000?

Why not use a specific fraction. Like 1.5 or whatever the average ends up being. Makes it way easier to compare.1-2 is so imprecise...

He gave a bad-to-good RNG range because he admitted the variance is high. I'd say that's more useful than a flat average.
  • Snake2 wrote: »

It's to do with variance. The number of full character drops, and the size of of full character drops when you get them, lead to a hugely varied set of results.

I considered a single average to be misleading and even more imprecise than the reasonable range.

If I did a 25k burn of ally points, 25 shards would be on the unlucky side but 50 shards would be a very lucky result.

Hope that makes sense. Not that it matters to lots of users of this forum. Data means nothing to those who have already decided that it's rigged.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I did 200k last night and got a little north of 11k shard currency.

Screenshot in CGDF discord!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I did 200k last night and got a little north of 11k shard currency.

Screenshot in CGDF discord!

Another one at around the 3.5 shards per 1000 mark.

So, those that track the data seem to be demonstrating that the amendment this week has indeed been effective.
  • I've got about 2.65M ally point to burn if we want to run an experiment :joy:
  • Get busy!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Shaggalot wrote: »
    I've got about 2.65M ally point to burn if we want to run an experiment :joy:

d622wdu6l99z.png
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    i burned 70k and got about 4 character drops

I thought the drop rate didn't improve, but glad to see we have others to provide more data

I was the outlier :v