Sorry Phipps

Replies

• HalB
    169 posts Member
    @Predian just sniped @Phipps from #1 with less than a minute for payout! What squad were you running Phipps? I see the sidious lead.
  • Phipps wrote: »
    Ugh you beat me in under 90 seconds easily

I just let it auto and hoped for the best.
  • He was Sid. Hrs. GS. Poggle. Lumi. I think?

@HalB
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    I see you now ;)

• HalB
    169 posts Member
    The **** chinese characters guy took me out...
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    Except Phipps everybody in the top15 is running QGJ as leader...
  • @HalB what is your in-game name and what time zone are you?
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I ran lumi last week when they secretly buffed it temporarily. I swear dodge had double or tripled. Now it's back to being non existent with her as leader unless it's Jedi against Sid.

Shouldn't of got greedy and gone for first. Would of been easier to take 2nd or 3rd since they might not of been sniping last minute.

Bad week for arena, don't think I placed top 3 all week out of crystals.

Our arena has got a lot more competitive last 2 weeks with new players coming up the ranks and getting active
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    @HalB what is your in-game name and what time zone are you?

@Insufferable_camper I am Central Time, Freak of nature.
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    I noticed it has become more competitive. I hope that when they raise the cap level the ones that play daily will be able to be ahead enough to do better in arena...
  • Datt
    23 posts Member
    EST has gotten crazy in the past week. I think Freak attacked me 4 or 5 times yesterday, snuck in with a 50sec auto win.

I'll start locking you in 2 or 3 if I can fight Phipps (been locked out myself the last few days).

The random fights outside of payout time are driving me nuts too. I got knocked out of the top 30 last week.

Are any of you in other time zones seeing this big an increase of people?
  • Broby used to compete in central time for top 4, but he/she does not seem active tonight.
    Empire Relic
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    I'll try Avouch for #2. Any advice?
  • His Dooku went down easily if you have an ally assist.
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I'm going to try Teebo leader soon, just got him max gear, ability and 4*. He has 12,315 health right now. Going to take out Sid I think.
    My thoughts are his random stealth on defense may help win a decent amount (20% +) on defense. Probably take out Sid. My thoughts are it will help for lumi to be able to get her heal off so offense can't single out toons and kill them immediately. Will also have RG to 4* soon.
    However don't think I want to waste purples on him or farm his gear to take him from gear 7 to gear 8.

Although logic tells me this is all a pipe dream since no one runs Teebo at leader and you never see anything on the forum about it being viable for a defensive strategy.
  • HalB wrote: »
    Except Phipps everybody in the top15 is running QGJ as leader...

I used Ima gun di as leader once today, and I use bariss sometimes but @Phipps makes fun of me.

• I have fought a Teebo led team twice recently in Galatic War and it is an adventure fighting him for sure.
    Empire Relic
  • People use Teebo as leader in the tank challenge. Does that count? @Phipps
  • Insufferable_camper
    682 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Avouch sniped me out of first, I got it back but I may have left too much time.

Update: I barely hung on to first for rewards, but he overtook me not long afterward.
    Empire Relic
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    You got it man. Congrats! I got Freek for #3 :D
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    I was thinking about farming Teebo next from GW. Let's see how it goes, but his abilities look amazing. I also pulled Ewok Elder from a lucky bronzium, but I have not farmed him. Do you think he could be viable?
  • I would use my elder in arena if he was 6 or 7 star. I use him on occasion at 5 but he's too weak. I do use him as my third healer in on galactic war.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    18 of top 20 is QGJ. Make no mistake, I hate I using my Sid since he's so played out.....along with every toon I have. The slow farm rates of this game are unrealistic.....unless this game plans on running for years.

I just activated my 2 star farmed elder today.
    Almost have scout to 4. Once lvl update hits it will take 2 months to 7* those 2 farming those nodes.

Might have to start buying crystals to buy there shards when they show up in the shop. I wish they would just let us buy individual characters at a specific star. Like if you wanted EE you could buy him at any star level you wanted and then farm him the rest of the way. Or if you were farming someone you could pay just pay to finish them off.
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    @Predian you were right. Nobody took me out of #3 overnight, I'm still there.
  • There. I switched leaders just for you @HalB
  • HalB wrote: »
    @Predian you were right. Nobody took me out of #3 overnight, I'm still there.

Sweet!
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    Don't worry, I'm saving the 5 attacks for later. We'll see how much I drop. I have already been #1, but never at payout, maybe today is my lucky day.
    Interestingly enough, the GW today was a walk in the park, didn't lose any char. I normally use Barriss (L), Sid, GS, Luminara and Daka. Works pretty well but usually I have to make adjustments in the last fights, not for the last couple of days.
  • I only lost JC. I use bariss (l), ahsoka, aayla, JC, Rey.

I switch maul for Rey against heavy Jedi teams. And I replaced JC with Lumi when he died.

Usually I use an experimental team for the very last fight but today I just rolled through
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    For GW I run
    Lumi leader for dodge and passive heal
    Hrs
    Sid
    Jc 5* max gear lvl 65, like 3 ability other than his heal
    GS

I never usually lose anyone, sometimes I'll use my Poe and sacrifice him or Han if I hit I really tough team. I have a 5* lvl 65 barriss but I rarely need her either. Once I get to final 3 fights I usually experiment with those running my rebel team or some other combination.

It really sucks using Sid, I was at 2 last night around midnight, now at 22, pretty sure everyone attacks me now instead of coin flipping whose QGJ goes first matches.

@Predian
    How many crystals a day do you spend on arena? Your always at the top all I day.
    I have to do the 50 now everyday just to have enough fights to get into top 5.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    @Phipps I always do the 50 refresh and once in awhile I do the 100. I have never done the 200. I never know when I can play because I'm pretty busy in the office, so when I will burn through my first 5 early and then sneak matches in later. If I'm lucky, I'm around for the last 20 minutes so I can try to snipe/lock a spot. But it's 50/50