Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    @StarSon
    With the release of the Pit CT there is yet another raid in which if you don't get top 10 you are going to fall behind very quickly.

Do we actually know this yet? Where was the reward structure released?

We know the r8 mats. First gets 11, tail end gets 1. Flatter rewards indeed.
  • One topic on interest for me, and I think I’ve voiced this before in relation to LS Geo TB, is how you settle on difficulty level.

This is even more a topic of interest with the new Challenge Tier for Pit raid.

I am genuinely interested in the process, eg. is difficulty set by an algorithm (based on what factors?), is it play tested by devs using rosters resembling top x% of existing rosters etc.
  • Hey @CG_Doja_Fett when will the Luke journey event return?
  • @StarSon
    With the release of the Pit CT there is yet another raid in which if you don't get top 10 you are going to fall behind very quickly.

Do we actually know this yet? Where was the reward structure released?

I was talking specifically about the relic mats. Since release we have seen rewards screenshots, and the gear rewards do appear to be flatter.
  • The updated client had only been issued a half hour before and I hadn't gotten it yet, so I wasn't aware of even the r8 mat scale yet. Thanks for answering my question, though, I legit didn't know.
  • Hi all. My question is about the google play points. I would like to know is there a legal reason that some countries are denied this as it helps so many people gather energy mats, before big events. Kind regards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ArvuorKun wrote: »
    Hi all. My question is about the google play points. I would like to know is there a legal reason that some countries are denied this as it helps so many people gather energy mats, before big events. Kind regards.

@ArvuorKun that is on the Google side not the game side. I believe this was discussed in a thread at one point
  • Looooki wrote: »
    22ofl1obw129.jpg

I like Galatic challenge. Yes this one. Then it was challenging and I still play it from time to time. There is this feeling when it was new is to keep ur best toons for the last few nodes so u can power through it and compete it. It was really an achievement back then to be able to complete GW on a daily basis.

But the power creep kicked in and the rewards are just old school that people just sim it.

Make the old contents interesting, scale up the rewards. Make things fun again.

I think there is plenty of room in this mode for expansion. I'd recommend making it into 2 or 3 different sections and allow the lower sections based on GP to be Simmed. As the levels scale in difficulty, so would the rewards. This would have something for every level of player.
  • Is there any appetite among the developers to revamp the Cantina? Maybe add some seasonal themes to it? Maybe the band learns a new song. The occasion easter egg?
  • A thing I thought of the other day as Disney was announcing ten billion new things--How's that work for you guys? Clearly you're under an embargo on stuff that isn't announced so that's not what I'm getting at. But, like, a year ago did they say "You might want to start putting together new models for, oh, I don't know, let's say Cassian Andor and Asohla but, like, maybe a little older?"
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Wednesday Data-Bits:
    There is a toooon of data in this game and I think it would be cool to share some of it with the community. Things like:
    1. Most consecutive days played by a player.
    2. Most used squad for X (GC, Assault Battles, Pit challenge, etc...)
    3. Most stun guns farmed via energy

Just things like that that give your own playing experience a perspective on the “extreme” players in the game. Something new every Wednesday (or Friday or Sunday) or whenever.
  • Doja - thanks for asking for our input

I think there's a strong need for an in-game Reference / Glossary

Over the years, it feels like the answers and explanations for many important in-game mechanics are kind of scattered across many different forum posts and separate websites.

It could be incredibly helpful if we had a place to go in-game that could give us clarification on things that non-veteran players don’t know by memory, such as:

-What is Protection Up actually based on?
    -What takes priority in certain scenarios  (i.e. immune vs can’t be resisted)
    -Are character upgrades that happen after you “join” a TW or Grand Arena included?
    -When does +10% for a stat upgrade mean ten percent "of" the current total is calculated then added, vs when is it an additional flat 10% added on top of the current number 
    -Flat Defense vs Defense %
    -What do the different color of hits mean
    -priority order of certain kit mechanics (i.e. R2’s combat analysis and cleanse actually happening before the crit hit is counted)
    -even reminders of what different debuffs do
    -and many many more

Thanks for considering this - I know most players would appreciate this :)
  • What's the rough population metric cg uses and will use while deciding the divisions in GAC?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    just a quick reminder this is not for QOL suggestions, or other direct content related questions, most of which have a post open already.
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

As I've been working on a plan for broader community engagement, I've also been considering visiting topics of interest that you, the players, would like to hear more about.

While this seems like the perfect opportunity for trolls to really let it fly on this thread (it's the internet, I get it), let me be more specific by adding the caveat that I am not asking for a list of currently-known, hot-button issues. I am very familiar with the sentiment surrounding those issues, and have done my part to communicate your feelings.

What I'm asking for are any topics of interest that need more explanation (such as a dev breakdown on certain game mechanics -- similar to the Scrybe video breakdown), might be fun to talk about ( for example, some of your favorite Galactic Challenges and what made them enjoyable), or a behind the scenes look at older features/content (I plan on one day telling the story about staying at the studio until 4am to work on the STR mere days before its release).

So, let's hear it. Feel free to include reasons you think it's fun or valuable for the community to explore your suggested topic.
  • What is the development team's idea for how guilds should "ideally" function? Should a player be expected to move through multiple guilds during their SWGOH lifetime or join a guild and stay with that same guild for several years?

Is the CG's vision for guilds that they be places of learning, cooperation and growth or competition?

In CG's vision of "guild", should a guild see itself as a team? Or more like adversaries?

And how does that relate to what arena shards are and how they, again, should "ideally" function?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno wrote: »
    just a quick reminder this is not for QOL suggestions, or other direct content related questions, most of which have a post open already.
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

As I've been working on a plan for broader community engagement, I've also been considering visiting topics of interest that you, the players, would like to hear more about.

While this seems like the perfect opportunity for trolls to really let it fly on this thread (it's the internet, I get it), let me be more specific by adding the caveat that I am not asking for a list of currently-known, hot-button issues. I am very familiar with the sentiment surrounding those issues, and have done my part to communicate your feelings.

What I'm asking for are any topics of interest that need more explanation (such as a dev breakdown on certain game mechanics -- similar to the Scrybe video breakdown), might be fun to talk about ( for example, some of your favorite Galactic Challenges and what made them enjoyable), or a behind the scenes look at older features/content (I plan on one day telling the story about staying at the studio until 4am to work on the STR mere days before its release).

So, let's hear it. Feel free to include reasons you think it's fun or valuable for the community to explore your suggested topic.

@CG_Doja_Fett How about a thread for QoL suggestions then, because with suggestions scattered throughout the forums, I'd imagine that it would be very difficult to find them buried amongst everything else.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Just want to say, digging the Beskar event so far! With official music and cut scenes, being able to play the first four tiers is a fun start to the evening.

Topic of interest: keep up the cinematic work with events.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

@CG_Doja_Fett How about a thread for QoL suggestions then, because with suggestions scattered throughout the forums, I'd imagine that it would be very difficult to find them buried amongst everything else.

I'm aware of a lot of the QoL suggestions, but I like this idea. Let's circle back to it in the future. In the meantime, I'm working on some other stuff and need to handle matters a small batch at a time. Hope you understand.
  • Stryde wrote: »
    Just want to say, digging the Beskar event so far! With official music and cut scenes, being able to play the first four tiers is a fun start to the evening.

I loved it. Music, animations and character models all looked good. Really captures a lot of the Season 1 moments.
  • Drop rates. Now that CG has shown a propensity, with the Kuill/IG-11 Galactic Chace style event to change previously established drop rates, does this mean drop rates for other events will be randomly changed with no notice?

Just curious what this new philosophy regarding previously established norms now changing means moving forward.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Drop rates. Now that CG has shown a propensity, with the Kuill/IG-11 Galactic Chace style event to change previously established drop rates, does this mean drop rates for other events will be randomly changed with no notice?

Just curious what this new philosophy regarding previously established norms now changing means moving forward.

I didn't know we had established drop rates for additive drops
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Drop rates. Now that CG has shown a propensity, with the Kuill/IG-11 Galactic Chace style event to change previously established drop rates, does this mean drop rates for other events will be randomly changed with no notice?

I didn't know we had established drop rates for additive drops

That's kind of what I'm asking. Is every event simply going to be called something slightly different so players have to be more careful? Galactic Chase, Additive Drops, Bonus Drops, Galactic Race, Galactic Face, etc.

• ...Galactic Space-Base Face-Race...
  • Stryde wrote: »

I loved it. Music, animations and character models all looked good. Really captures a lot of the Season 1 moments.

It would be nice to hear from you on some of the more difficult conversations/questions that are being raised.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Stryde wrote: »

It would be nice to hear from you on some of the more difficult conversations/questions that are being raised.

I agree. We'll have some comments out today.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »

Thank you
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Esharan wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

Like SEE changes?

5ezp6whregst.png

SEE isn't getting buffed
This discussion has been closed.