Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• Darion wrote: »
    Every emotion I want to express has already been conveyed, so pointless... Do you really want the community to hate you after so much good will has finally been received? #1 question that should have been asked by you're PMs is how will this be recieved, and is the potential financial outcome worth it?

Not a single PERSON is going out and farming for beskar Mando to complete the GC feats... So you literally just screwed over the vast majority of the player base for what gain? Anyone could tell you financially speaking there will be a negligible benefit to adding beskar Mando as a feat.

So thank you CG for showing us once again who you are.

That’s not how a business case works in my opinion. The question would be whether there is a risk to the expected revenue because the decision is perceived negatively.

And you gave the answer yourself. The GC feat is a boon for people who unlock Beskar Mando and to a much lesser degree an incentive for others to invest.

GC have enough data to determine the risk. Obviously it’s low. Also they don’t care about image and reputation in the way you assume. First and foremost they cater to the heavy spenders.

All this is true, but not the reason nor excuse for community to suck it up. There is low risk? So stand up and create bigger one!

This is partially communitie's fault (but mainly the monopoly issue) that CG acting up like that. Companies in other sectors do care about customers and users, because they know how easily they can lose them. Here it's all different story.

I hope there will be laws and regulations eventually, which will aim to defend users rights from these monsters.
  • As I've said elsewhere ...
    The bigger concern is the precedent this sets. I mean, if this doesn't happen again then OK most of us will fall behind a bit in getting the essential items. But we'll still get them eventually.
    But if all Galactic Challenges from now on are always going to require the latest character all maxed out in order to get the best slicing rewards, this game really will become a P2W game and then we've got problems.

CG coming up with another "cash grab" (as it's being called by many others) shouldn't surprise us but we really do need to make some noise to make sure this doesn't become the norm. If it does, then only the 'Whales' will be able to slice top end mods from now on and I don't think that's something any of the rest of us ever want to see.
    It's one thing having to spend months getting something the 'Whales' can instantly buy but it's quite enough never being able to get it at all.
  • There is only one solution - next time you gonna spend guys - just remember this and don't. They don't care how disappointed we are, they care about figures at the end of the month. So lets show them how their attitude affect these figures.
  • yeah, big suprise, this game is so like 2020, a total mess!
    But the game mechanics and marketing are so deprecated, they should look around and how other game works they could learn a little bit.
    This is the way ... to something unpleasant sure.
  • I made decision for myself - I will quit if this is going to be the way. Not to make the point - just because I know, that this is just the beginning. More shows and toons coming, more opportunities for cash grab and this attitude. I don't want to be treated like a scum, that's all. There is a tipping point, and I personally close to it, especially that mods is my favorite part of the game.
  • Could be a very smart move from CG. Redirect the rage from how terrible the ‘flat’ rewards for the rancor raid are into something that will be forgotten much sooner.
  • Well, this approach is not exactly new. Before TB platoons were fixed, they always required the newest characters, dramatically cutting the possibilities for non-whale guilds. It seems that the nastier things from the past are returning (wonder what the criteria for that energy pack are - we have already seen payer-only packs too), which, if it continues, is not something I want to support by playing, let alone paying.
  • well i`m still waiting for an official respond from CG - hello !!!!!
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Could be a very smart move from CG. Redirect the rage from how terrible the ‘flat’ rewards for the rancor raid are into something that will be forgotten much sooner.

oozamfsrjk7t.png

#NeverForget
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Well, this approach is not exactly new.

It's new because they now gated EXISTING rewards behind a paywall. As far as I can recollect, they were never that unfair before.
  • Antario wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Well, this approach is not exactly new.

It's new because they now gated EXISTING rewards behind a paywall. As far as I can recollect, they were never that unfair before.

The platoon thing was essentially the same, hampering the ability to get more stars and better rewards for anyone who doesn't pay. This is just more direct.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Stenun wrote: »
    I'm surprised by how many people are shocked by this.
    When I saw the feat, I thought something along the lines of "oh I say, old sport, that's rather underhand" although my exact words were a bit ruder.
    But I wasn't shocked.

We all know that CG will do what they can to maximise revenue. And if this encourages even one more player to pay to get Mandalorian (Beskar Armour) in the next few days then it's done its job. Whatever.

The bigger problem is the precedent this sets. I mean, if this doesn't happen again then OK most of us will fall behind a bit in getting the essential items. But we'll still get them eventually.
    But if all Galactic Challenges from now on are always going to require the latest character all maxed out in order to get the best rewards, this game really will become a P2W game and then we've got problems.

Yes,

CG isn't doing anything wrong since they never promised they won't ever require specific characters to complete feats for GC but its a really weird move to literally paywall an entire game mode

It just makes the larger community dislike the game mode itself, there is no roster investment incentive paywall this time around (like with raids, you can invest in raid toons that benefit you in other parts of the game), this is a time gate, not something players can come back to after acquiring MBA a week from now
  • VeNeNo wrote: »
    Game has always been a pay for win game, nothing new to me.

It's been "pay to win immediately", it's never been "pay to win permanently" before.
    For example, just after the first two Galactic Legends were released I fell out of the top 100 and struggled to even get into the top 200 for several months. Finally, I finished my farming of GL Rey and now I'm a permanent fixture in the top 50 again.
    I accept that I will eventually fall out again as newer characters are released but then I can farm those characters and hopefully get back into the top 50 again.

But if I can now never get the slicing materials that others can pay for, I might never get into the top 50 again. And might end up outside to the top 200 permanently.
    And that's the difference. With other 'Whale releases', the 'dolphins' and f2p players can eventually catch up. But if these slicing mods are now going to permanently be behind a paywall, they never will catch up again.
  • So the event is for Resistance vs Geos. Now unless I am missing something what has Beskar Mandalorian got to do with any of those.

Did I miss the reveal when Mando removed his helmet and he is now a bug or transformed into Finn.

I would have no problem if this were a Scoundrel event... Or even a Bounty Hunter event at a stretch.

But if you are going to do themes then for the love of ...... make sure they are consistent.
  • Stenun wrote: »
    VeNeNo wrote: »
    Game has always been a pay for win game, nothing new to me.

It's been "pay to win immediately", it's never been "pay to win permanently" before.
    For example, just after the first two Galactic Legends were released I fell out of the top 100 and struggled to even get into the top 200 for several months. Finally, I finished my farming of GL Rey and now I'm a permanent fixture in the top 50 again.
    I accept that I will eventually fall out again as newer characters are released but then I can farm those characters and hopefully get back into the top 50 again.

But if I can now never get the slicing materials that others can pay for, I might never get into the top 50 again. And might end up outside to the top 200 permanently.
    And that's the difference. With other 'Whale releases', the 'dolphins' and f2p players can eventually catch up. But if these slicing mods are now going to permanently be behind a paywall, they never will catch up again.

Well, it's not quite that dramatic, is it? That one feat doesn't take away the ability to get any slicing mats, you just get less of them. In terms of halting ftp progression, I think the new raid is worse.
    But it still sucks big time.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Leodemiurg wrote: »
    There is only one solution - next time you gonna spend guys - just remember this and don't. They don't care how disappointed we are, they care about figures at the end of the month. So lets show them how their attitude affect these figures.

Yeah, unless you're one of the 0.0001% that spend more in a month than people make in a year, that really won't do anything, 100 people dropping 20 a month v 1 guy dropping 5k a month guess who they notice first? Those 100 players leave they couldn't care less

You are not wrong, but community as a whole has deeper impact on the game. It only takes few complaints from some top whales that game is stale, or GAC is boring, or they are matched up with the same sod faces in the GAC, or that there is increase in cheating (when people just give up hope and go all nuts).
  • I'm a little surprised, but mostly I'm just disappointed. I'd really gotten the feeling these last few weeks and even last few months that we were moving more in the right direction after years of crap, neglect, and abuse. The rewards for the challenge pit were definitely concerning, but I still believed that it didn't mean the end of the progress that had been made. I still had hope.
    This...This brings us back to square one. I'm disappointed because the old CG has once again reared its ugly head. I thought we were over this, but clearly I was just naive. I'd love to see the devs respond to this thread, or Kyno, but I don't think they will. Regardless of whether or not this decision was technically wrong, it is most certainly morally wrong and is once again abuse of the player-base. The terrible IG-11 and Kuill drop-rates, Beskar Mando event being permanent immediately, this GC happening only 2 days in. The fact that they split the feats between two GC's. The Beskar Mando feat along with a Resistance themed GC. This was all carefully thought out and calculated to inflict the most harm possible, **** off the most people, and destroy all the trust we had started to build up in one fell swoop. I honestly don't understand what CG could possibly think they gain from a decision like this. If they haven't seen the improvements from them actually communicating with the community and not being horrible...then there truly is no hope.
    I've had many times when I considered quitting this game. I never once did. But this time is different. This time, we caught a glimpse of the possibility of a better game, a stronger community, before it was taken away. This time we saw what was possible, before it was cruelly taken away by the clawed hands of greed. This time, I don't know if I'm willing to accept whatever solution might be offered as a band-aid. There are only so many times you can patch up the injury without fixing the base problem. At some point, band-aid's are no good anymore. You have to fix the problem at the core, and if that can't be done, then it's all over before it even began.
    Doja, Crumb, if you see this, and I have my doubts...but if you do. I don't know what power you have, I don't know what is in your capacity to do, but if you can do anything, please tell those who do have the power to make those choices, This Is NOT The Way.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Benefit of doubt here, there could be an error in communication within the company, the person designing this feat could have been under the assumption beskar mando would be unlocked at a lower star level, like a marquee character. Given how bad CG is at communication it’s safe to say that’s probably the case internally as well.
  • Future GCs:

Use GL rey/kylo/JML/SEE in your team

Put all slicing mats behind this feat.

Watch the world burn
  • This mando feat is disgusting
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Veserion1 wrote: »
    Future GCs:

Use GL rey/kylo/JML/SEE in your team

Put all slicing mats behind this feat.

Watch the world burn
    Nah

That would imply SEE owners get some sort of advantage in this game
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Well, it's not quite that dramatic, is it? That one feat doesn't take away the ability to get any slicing mats, you just get less of them. In terms of halting ftp progression, I think the new raid is worse.

Except it does. In this GC, without mando and resistance you get 0 of the new mats
    j4cxn36q7m0k.png

• I mean, if the Cantina drops were good enough to unlock the fella F2P during the release, and then this was towards the end of that... then, yeah. Sure.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Saw a comment on reddit that said "this is the whale". CG just being CG, one step forward, two steps back.
  • Could be a very smart move from CG. Redirect the rage from how terrible the ‘flat’ rewards for the rancor raid are into something that will be forgotten much sooner.

In general, I don't think "Make your customers angry in as many different ways as possible" is considered sound business strategy. There's a reason EA won a particular award two years in a row awhile back. Looks like they brought in Mark to rekindle that old flame
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • MikKro wrote: »

Except it does. In this GC, without mando and resistance you get 0 of the new mats
    j4cxn36q7m0k.png

Resistance isn't paywalled, though. And it makes sense that when you don't have the faction, you don't get the rewards.
This discussion has been closed.