Mandalorian S2:E8 Chat (SPOILERS)

Prev134567
The final episode of Season 2 is here. Let's talk about it.

Replies

• I know whos going to show up when the x-wing appears, but when I saw the green saber, I cried.
  • Incredible. Just the right amount of Luke and I finally got to see a snippet of the Luke I wanted to see in the sequels. I’m excited to see what they do next season now that Mando is technically the owner of the Darksaber. Also loved the fight with Moff Gideon, showed he knew his way around the darksaber and how smart he is by forcing Din to fight him instead of him fighting Bo-Katan. Easily one of my favourite pieces of Star Wars ever
  • Was a bit disappointed that it was Luke, but at the same time liked seeing him destroy the dark troopers. Was ok for an episode, though I was expecting season 3 to be all about rescuing the child. Gideon played the Mandalorians. Though I’m confused as to why Bo Katan could accept the dark saber from Sabine but not from Mando.
  • Is book of Boba it’s own show? Or just the next chapter of The Mandalorian? They didn’t announce it the other day and it’s timetable falls in line with when the next season of Mando is supposed to happen.
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    Incredible. Just the right amount of Luke and I finally got to see a snippet of the Luke I wanted to see in the sequels. I’m excited to see what they do next season now that Mando is technically the owner of the Darksaber. Also loved the fight with Moff Gideon, showed he knew his way around the darksaber and how smart he is by forcing Din to fight him instead of him fighting Bo-Katan. Easily one of my favourite pieces of Star Wars ever

Was Season 3 ever confirmed by Disney? It all seems so... final. I hope we do get another season.

Boba Fett says he’s not Mandalorian. Sorry to those who cry out for the Mando tag to be added to the game.

The X Wing and I instantly knew who it is. Cried a bit when the lightsaber is out. Cried a lot when it’s actually LUKE SKYWALKER.
  • I kept expecting it to be someone other than Luke. Was too good of a setup for a bait and switch. Especially with the gloves hand and green saber. It almost looked like a female form at first.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Is book of Boba it’s own show? Or just the next chapter of The Mandalorian? They didn’t announce it the other day and it’s timetable falls in line with when the next season of Mando is supposed to happen.

It was a cool trailer at the end where Boba takes over Jabbas old palace. Though not sure 2 Mandalorian bounty hunter shows would be good? 🤷‍♂️
    It’s interesting that Boba told Bo Katan he never claimed to be Mandalorian, but did show it to Din to get his armor back.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    I know whos going to show up when the x-wing appears, but when I saw the green saber, I cried.

I got chills when the X-Wing showed up, but almost freaked out when I saw the green saber.

I legit got teary, I felt like I did back when I was 9 - nothing has hit me in the feels like this did.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Incredible. Just the right amount of Luke and I finally got to see a snippet of the Luke I wanted to see in the sequels. I’m excited to see what they do next season now that Mando is technically the owner of the Darksaber. Also loved the fight with Moff Gideon, showed he knew his way around the darksaber and how smart he is by forcing Din to fight him instead of him fighting Bo-Katan. Easily one of my favourite pieces of Star Wars ever

Was Season 3 ever confirmed by Disney? It all seems so... final. I hope we do get another season.

Boba Fett says he’s not Mandalorian. Sorry to those who cry out for the Mando tag to be added to the game.

The X Wing and I instantly knew who it is. Cried a bit when the lightsaber is out. Cried a lot when it’s actually LUKE SKYWALKER.

It was confirmed for December 2021
  • RTS wrote: »

The Book of Boba Fett? Is that the third season or a different series?
  • khdelboy wrote: »

Boba also showed Jangos lineage as a foundling to Din.
    Is book of Boba it’s own show? Or just the next chapter of The Mandalorian? They didn’t announce it the other day and it’s timetable falls in line with when the next season of Mando is supposed to happen.

I thought it was a book.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    RTS wrote: »

The Book of Boba Fett? Is that the third season or a different series?

I took it as a new series, but it appears to be unknown right now.

I thought it was a book.

Seems like a set up for a Boba Fett series. Hopefully The Mandalorian doesn’t end.
  • I’m confused what is the book of boba, is it a new show, if it is, why didn’t they announce it in investor day, maybe they wanted to surprise people in the finale. If not, is it an actual book? What is this thing?

Bo Katan know he’s a clone.

Bo Katan know he’s a clone.

And? Genetically Boba then would be Jango. Boba uses his Mandalorian heritage to suit his needs at the moment.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Yoda_66 wrote: »
    I’m confused what is the book of boba, is it a new show, if it is, why didn’t they announce it in investor day, maybe they wanted to surprise people in the finale. If not, is it an actual book? What is this thing?

Unknown, The Mandalorian may be shifting focus, or it may be entirely new series as a surprise for fans and investors.

I was really hoping the JKL appearance meant they had a younger actor they could make look like Hamil and would be going that route for us old people. (36)
  • Yoda_66 wrote: »
    I’m confused what is the book of boba, is it a new show, if it is, why didn’t they announce it in investor day, maybe they wanted to surprise people in the finale. If not, is it an actual book? What is this thing?

A quick google search shows that The Book of Boba Fett is a series starting next year December.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

A quick google search shows that The Book of Boba Fett is a series starting next year December.

No, people are speculating - there's no official word yet.

True, I don’t think I’ve seen something official, but it does seem like a Disney move though. Boba Fett is popular and up until The Mandalorian, I would’ve said the guy deserves his own show or movie because I wanted to see him actually do something besides fall into the sarlaac pit.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    edited December 2020

True, I don’t think I’ve seen something official, but it does seem like a Disney move though. Boba Fett is popular and up until The Mandalorian, I would’ve said the guy deserves his own show or movie because I wanted to see him actually do something besides fall into the sarlaac pit.

I agree, and I thought it was a new series too until someone pointed out that The Mandalorian season 3 HAS been confirmed for December 2021, and it would be *odd* for Disney to launch 2 major seasons of a "same" show in the same month.

So I'm trying to pull in my optimism and pepper in a dose of realism that it's likely the show is switching the focus (for now)

Boba did not say that he wasn’t a Mandalorian. He just sidestepped her assertion by saying that he didn’t claim to be one. Those are two different things.

I agree, and I thought it was a new series too until someone pointed out that The Mandalorian season 3 HAS been confirmed for December 2021, and it would be *odd* for Disney to launch 2 major seasons of a "same" show in the same month.

So I'm trying to pull in my optimism and pepper in a dose of realism that it's likely the show is switching the focus (for now)

Maybe it’s time for Din to grow as a character. We’ve seen him break the creed several times now, and that’s just about his helmet. I was hoping Boba would’ve been a bigger part of season 2, but season 3 would be cool too. Now what does Din do now that he doesn’t have to babysit?
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

Maybe it’s time for Din to grow as a character. We’ve seen him break the creed several times now, and that’s just about his helmet. I was hoping Boba would’ve been a bigger part of season 2, but season 3 would be cool too. Now what does Din do now that he doesn’t have to babysit?

Din may be done - they may shift to the show being about Boba (they would both fit the title of the show after all) but, Din also has the stuff that is going on with Bo-Katan, so I think there's several ways this could go (both creatively, and because of practicality with COVID issues)

Either way I'm freaking stoked for next December, and tonight once the kids are asleep I'm throwing the JKL scene on the tv and watching again with the lights off.

Din may be done - they may shift to the show being about Boba (they would both fit the title of the show after all) but, Din also has the stuff that is going on with Bo-Katan, so I think there's several ways this could go (both creatively, and because of practicality with COVID issues)

Either way I'm freaking stoked for next December, and tonight once the kids are asleep I'm throwing the JKL scene on the tv and watching again with the lights off.

They’re going to have to explain why Bo Katan can take the dark saber from Sabine but not from Din to me. Plus I’ve grown fond of Din, would hate to see his show get high-jacked.
  • Din maybe done..for now. But he does have the Darksaber (technically making him ruler of Mandalore), an empire ship, a crew of influential Mando’s, and a new quest to retake Mandalore. His story is not over even though it seems his time with Grogu is for now. It really bothered me that he didn’t even ask Luke where he was taking him. Lol. “Here take my kid and do what you want with him” seems a bit out of character.” Is he not ever going to visit him? Check up on him? Or are they just doing the typical TV thing where it’s assumed that everyone knows where everyone else is in the Galaxy at any given time?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    To me, this was a sign that Disney no longer intends to make good Star Wars; only crowd pleasing Star Wars.

It’s an unpopular opinion, I know, but I was disappointed with season 1 of the Mandalorian. It was a show that sacrificed plot for action, and character development was limited even in the long drawn out sequences of the show. But at least it was a show about the Mandalorian.

This new season was worse. Favreau and Filoni seemed to drop any goal they had of making something powerful: Most of the show is plot or action, and even the plot is just explained away. I loved seeing Boba, and Ashoka, and Hamill, but this show needs to become its own thing. This was their first chance to show that Star Wars can be amazing without the Skywalker Saga, and it failed with this last episode. My favorite episode was the only episode not written my Favreau and Filoni because it had actual character development, and rich dialogue.

I know that everyone here is about to tell me how wrong I am, but you just can’t deny that this show is beginning to show cracks. It hurt me to watch this finale.

In all fairness, the line between good and crowd pleasing has become blurred lately. I’m no expert on film, but maybe a crowd pleasing approach is considered good TV now, and maybe that’s not a bad thing. But I still can’t shake that feeling that this show is being run by a section of people full of toxicity and nostalgia that aren’t willing to let their childhood or Legends go. I understand that position. But I don’t think that’s how we should run Star Wars.