Confirm Raid scores automatically

DarthMufasa4
214 posts Member
edited December 2020
Im not entirely sure where to put this. But one issue I face as a player is that your Rancor score is automatically loaded on when you finish. Now in the past this wasnt too big an issue, mistakes happen and realistically that shouldnt stop a guild completing a run.

But now, this has changed, and if one person forgets to put airplane mode or/leave wifi off, then suddenly the difficulty triples in difficulty.

I was wondering both to CG and the playerbase thoughts on this, would it not be good to add in a confirm feature for your score so that if necessary you can back out and do it again, surely this quality of life would be wonderful for the officers who have to continuously remind players (who are on discord and need internet access to ask for instructions)

Once again, I am a huge fan of this game, and this improvement would im sure make many players much happier, and show CGs support for the playerbase, to which they have shown increasingly more often in the last few months.

Replies

• Yeah. Some kind of Readycheck or a interface generally would be very nice, since not everybody has 2 devices available when they do the raid. You cant communicate if you have to turn of your mobile internet connection.
  • 100% agreed. As a raid officer, this new challenge pit raid has proven to be a major pain to manage. We have a solid guild with good players and good communication using a third-party app to chat. But due to airplane mode mishaps we were not able to complete the first attempt, despite hours of guild member participation and officer communication. We had one person accidentally post 19.5% damage at the beginning of phase 3 because they were switching between swgoh and our chat app, and that made every other phase 3 run that much more difficult.

Having a pop-up that comes up after your squad is defeated that says "post damage" or "cancel damage" would be a huge QoL upgrade for this new raid.
  • jy02102797
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Does CG ever realize how inconvenience for raiding under airplane mode?
    I mean, when finish each raid attempt but before the damage post, why can’t they offer us two options like:
    1.restart/abandon result 2. Post the result

So nobody go to airplane mode and miss important call or something. Or at least the game could be easier for guild coordination.
  • 100% agree with this potential change- a simple thing that officers the world over would be thankful for
  • I would prefer they just scrap the garbage mechanic in the first place. But this would be an improvement to how it is now. At least then you could use the guild chat
  • I 2nd this. We had to cancel yet another run because one of our guildies posted 40% in P1 by accident. I mean this raid is supposed to be about guild cooperation, how does one cooperate in airplane mode ? Instead of bringing the guilds closer, you have turned the discussion into one of blame and accusations. Fix it, it's broken !
  • jy02102797 wrote: »
    Does CG ever realize how inconvenience for raiding under airplane mode?
    I mean, when finish each raid attempt but before the damage post, why can’t they offer us two options like:
    1.restart/abandon result 2. Post the result

So nobody go to airplane mode and miss important call or something. Or at least the game could be easier for guild coordination.

Not even just airplane mode, but also waiting to post. Switching back and forth between discord and the game I've lost numerous runs.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I'm not in any way defending the mechanics here, but my suggestion (and what I do) is to run it in AP mode until I get to my last move, then take AP mode off to wait for the post signal. Granted sometimes I guess wrong about my last move, in which case AP mode saves me but I don't know when to post. That's where a second device (PC) comes in handy, but if that's not an option I just crash the app and start again. And you can also leave yourself a couple moves if you know you have a good run going.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH