Mandalorian S2:E8 Chat (SPOILERS)

Replies

• JerrickKharr87
    934 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I prefer to think of that as "mature" or "distinguished" Boba, thank you.

For sure. It’s definitely not from years and years of drinking at the local Mos Eisley cantina 😉
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »
    Book of Boba (helluva name for a bubble tea store, btw) was confirmed to be separate from season 3 yesterday. Source:
    https://insidethemagic.net/2020/12/book-of-boba-fett-mandalorian-season-3-rwb1/

So that answers that. It's also the last article I'm going to read about either show. I don't mind spoilers, honestly, I was excited to hear Sasha Banks would be in season 2 months before her episode aired and didn't mind the spoiler. But also I don't go out of my way to find them. I also find I enjoy shows and movies the less I follow the sausage-making process before I eat the sausage. After the fact? Let me in on all of that! The behind the scenes documentaries after season 1 were amazing! But I don't care beforehand. Trust the process.
    Kyno wrote: »
    Wadthebad wrote: »
    Beskar mando should have a spear basic

The current beskar mando we see in game is season one (no spear), he doesnt even have the Crest on his armor.

Also he uses his pistol way more often than the spear. Spear ought to be a special move.

OR. or. ORRR. Hear me out, or: what if two basics?

The next one will have it.

That's interesting too, wonder if we will ever see 2 basics.
  • I was disappointed with a number of things in the S2:E8 (AKA Chapter 16). I think that they did do Young Mark Hamill's face better than I expected, but even on a first watching it wasn't perfect, and I expect on a rewatching it will get worse. For that reason, more than anything else, I wanted to see another Jedi pick up Grogu. It's definitely better than the digital faces they gave Leia & Tarkin, but it's still unnatural. I'd rather see some new actor just because of the Uncanny Valley effect.

But one of the most disappointing things was the failure to use any Beskar in the "dark trooper" droids. They purge Mandalore & scavenge up all the Beskar. Okay, interesting story. But what did they do with all that super-precious metal that is better for combat than any other metal? Is it really just sitting around in a vault somewhere?

Obviously Gideon had access to large amounts of Beskar because he was organizing the recapture of Grogu. Obviously if they were going to use the Beskar, the natural project on which to use it would be the dark trooper droids. But Luke cut through them like butter: obviously there was no use of Beskar on them at all.

Hear me out on this: F = ma. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. WHY are the droids able to pummel through the blast doors? What makes it so that the fists of the droids aren't ruined by the effort just as quickly as the doors themselves are dented?

In order for the droids to be able to pummel through the blast doors, they need a certain amount of Beskar in their design. It doesn't have to be throughout, but Beskar fists and arms are needed so that they don't destroy themselves trying to pummel through the blast doors.

And if they have Beskar fists & arms, then they should have been able to block at least some of Luke's attacks. Luke would still win, of course (or another Jedi, if they had followed my preferences), but with sparking effects when blows are blocked by the Beskar-reinforced spots on the droids' exo/skeletons.

This also could set up Season 3. Because if a certain amount of Beskar was used for reinforcing the droids, well, now you have a bunch of deactivated droids from which you can harvest that Beskar... and you also have the darksaber... and you also have a warship capable of holding hundreds.

The failure to make the fight between the Jedi and the droids remotely exciting would have been addressed as well, and as a natural consequence of all the information we have had over Chapters 1-15.

Really, the neglect shown to the Beskar plot line is the single biggest problem with the episode (and even though it was enjoyable, there were some problems).

They can't be solid Beskar, of course, of Mando couldn't have defeated one, but if important stress-taking points were Beskar, that would have led to all the consequences I've spelled out above.

Also, by being "Beskar reinforced" you can solve the problem of the blast doors without actually neglecting that problem. Since the droids would be only "Beskar reinforced" rather than made entirely out of Beskar, you could have 2 droids pummel big dents in the blast doors before their arms are useless, then two more step up. They are clearly going to break through the door by only destroying the arms of 4 to 6 droids, but still that's a certain amount of attrition both in the numbers of the droids and their combat abilities.

Now you have a tactical situation that's different. Luke (or another Jedi) fights scattered dark trooper droids and handily defeats them while their alone or in pairs guarding checkpoints along the way. The sparks and blocked attacks, however, show that even against a lightsaber these droids don't go down easy.

But when the Jedi reaches the bridge access corridor, there are a dozen of these droids for the Jedi to face all at once. The tactical situation is different. The fight is much tougher. And so...

... and this is the important bit ...

... instead of sitting in the bridge waiting to be rescued like a bunch of scared little lambs, they open the doors as far as the dents will allow and go out to help Luke. Obviously the droids with damaged limbs are closest to the blast doors, so you have 5 skilled warriors (Mando, Cara, Koska, Fennec & Bo Katan) plus Baby Yoda taking on 4-6 damaged dark trooper droids.

Boom.

Now you don't have warriors acting out of character. The droids can still be powerful enough that defeating them is a major accomplishment for a Jedi, but taking out 4 of them could still be possible for our now-brave warriors.

That's the ending we deserved. Not Luke doing all the work while a trio of Mandalorians spent the battle quaking in their boots doing nothing. And it would have been driven by what we already know, not the deus ex machina of Luke's arrival.
  • The next one will have it.

Oh, please not another Mando. There are so many characters to do. We don't need another copy of this one for each time he changes his underwear.
  • The next one will have it.

Oh, please not another Mando. There are so many characters to do. We don't need another copy of this one for each time he changes his underwear.

Lol. Really tho, I agree. Maybe rework him with an extra basic after this season, and an extra special after next season etc.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Sebek wrote: »
    I think I am the only one on the planet who was disappointed that Luke was the Jedi who came.

Who other then?

I thought it might be Ezra, with Thrawn having been mentioned earlier. He and Luke were the clear front runner options. I also thought it might be a new Jedi that we've never seen mentioned before. My real hope, although I knew it had little chance of actually happening, was that it would be Cal Kestis. Quinlan Vos is also one of my all time favorite Jedi and survived the Empire, but he also seemed like a longer than long shot.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    I think I am the only one on the planet who was disappointed that Luke was the Jedi who came.

Who other then?

I thought it might be Ezra, with Thrawn having been mentioned earlier. He and Luke were the clear front runner options. I also thought it might be a new Jedi that we've never seen mentioned before. My real hope, although I knew it had little chance of actually happening, was that it would be Cal Kestis. Quinlan Vos is also one of my all time favorite Jedi and survived the Empire, but he also seemed like a longer than long shot.

Ezra would have made some sense if not for Ashoka, Cal would have been very interesting that would have been a very nice tie in to the game but then I guess with a sequel game planned they have a different idea for him. Didn’t Quinlan Vos kinda turn to the dark side- or at least away from the Jedi before the/ or around the end of the clone wars or am I thinking of someone else ?. I agree it would have been nice to be someone other than Luke but after a lot of thinking I think he’s the only one that really made sense and I also think they did it well with him
  • Kinda disappointed about it being Luke, was honestly hoping for Windu xD

Windu has been in a coma on the streets of coruscant just outside of palpatine’s office for the past 30ish years and just woke up in time to find grogu, not find luke, then actually die before TFA.

• Gouj4 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »

Who other then?

Ezra would have made some sense if not for Ashoka, Cal would have been very interesting that would have been a very nice tie in to the game but then I guess with a sequel game planned they have a different idea for him. Didn’t Quinlan Vos kinda turn to the dark side- or at least away from the Jedi before the/ or around the end of the clone wars or am I thinking of someone else ?. I agree it would have been nice to be someone other than Luke but after a lot of thinking I think he’s the only one that really made sense and I also think they did it well with him

Ventress brought Vos back to the light side. I forget the names, but it one of the Star Wars comics there was a Padawan on the run who was told to seek out other surviving Jedi to get trained. Vos was one of them. He doesn't really seem like the teacher type, but it there is at least some setup there for it.
  • I was disappointed with a number of things in the S2:E8 (AKA Chapter 16). I think that they did do Young Mark Hamill's face better than I expected, but even on a first watching it wasn't perfect, and I expect on a rewatching it will get worse. For that reason, more than anything else, I wanted to see another Jedi pick up Grogu. It's definitely better than the digital faces they gave Leia & Tarkin, but it's still unnatural. I'd rather see some new actor just because of the Uncanny Valley effect.

But one of the most disappointing things was the failure to use any Beskar in the "dark trooper" droids. They purge Mandalore & scavenge up all the Beskar. Okay, interesting story. But what did they do with all that super-precious metal that is better for combat than any other metal? Is it really just sitting around in a vault somewhere?

Obviously Gideon had access to large amounts of Beskar because he was organizing the recapture of Grogu. Obviously if they were going to use the Beskar, the natural project on which to use it would be the dark trooper droids. But Luke cut through them like butter: obviously there was no use of Beskar on them at all.

Hear me out on this: F = ma. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. WHY are the droids able to pummel through the blast doors? What makes it so that the fists of the droids aren't ruined by the effort just as quickly as the doors themselves are dented?

In order for the droids to be able to pummel through the blast doors, they need a certain amount of Beskar in their design. It doesn't have to be throughout, but Beskar fists and arms are needed so that they don't destroy themselves trying to pummel through the blast doors.

And if they have Beskar fists & arms, then they should have been able to block at least some of Luke's attacks. Luke would still win, of course (or another Jedi, if they had followed my preferences), but with sparking effects when blows are blocked by the Beskar-reinforced spots on the droids' exo/skeletons.

This also could set up Season 3. Because if a certain amount of Beskar was used for reinforcing the droids, well, now you have a bunch of deactivated droids from which you can harvest that Beskar... and you also have the darksaber... and you also have a warship capable of holding hundreds.

The failure to make the fight between the Jedi and the droids remotely exciting would have been addressed as well, and as a natural consequence of all the information we have had over Chapters 1-15.

Really, the neglect shown to the Beskar plot line is the single biggest problem with the episode (and even though it was enjoyable, there were some problems).

They can't be solid Beskar, of course, of Mando couldn't have defeated one, but if important stress-taking points were Beskar, that would have led to all the consequences I've spelled out above.

Also, by being "Beskar reinforced" you can solve the problem of the blast doors without actually neglecting that problem. Since the droids would be only "Beskar reinforced" rather than made entirely out of Beskar, you could have 2 droids pummel big dents in the blast doors before their arms are useless, then two more step up. They are clearly going to break through the door by only destroying the arms of 4 to 6 droids, but still that's a certain amount of attrition both in the numbers of the droids and their combat abilities.

Now you have a tactical situation that's different. Luke (or another Jedi) fights scattered dark trooper droids and handily defeats them while their alone or in pairs guarding checkpoints along the way. The sparks and blocked attacks, however, show that even against a lightsaber these droids don't go down easy.

But when the Jedi reaches the bridge access corridor, there are a dozen of these droids for the Jedi to face all at once. The tactical situation is different. The fight is much tougher. And so...

... and this is the important bit ...

... instead of sitting in the bridge waiting to be rescued like a bunch of scared little lambs, they open the doors as far as the dents will allow and go out to help Luke. Obviously the droids with damaged limbs are closest to the blast doors, so you have 5 skilled warriors (Mando, Cara, Koska, Fennec & Bo Katan) plus Baby Yoda taking on 4-6 damaged dark trooper droids.

Boom.

Now you don't have warriors acting out of character. The droids can still be powerful enough that defeating them is a major accomplishment for a Jedi, but taking out 4 of them could still be possible for our now-brave warriors.

That's the ending we deserved. Not Luke doing all the work while a trio of Mandalorians spent the battle quaking in their boots doing nothing. And it would have been driven by what we already know, not the deus ex machina of Luke's arrival.

Beskar wasn’t really a major plotline. Plus, you act like the show is over. It may be that they are doing something more important with it. It is silly that they would pour even more resources into the darktroopers. They’re already extremely expensive. In their current state they can take down almost anyone outside of the most powerful Jedi in existence right now. You can’t build every weapon expecting to have to fight Luke Skywalker.

Just making their arms Beskar would make no sense. That’s a design you only create if you think they’ll be in melee combat with a Jedi or darksaber owner. But they don’t even have the reflexes for that so again, useless. I’m not even sure what you mean by the “problem of the blast doors”. The scene is fine. Our heroes did plenty. I’m fine if they need rescuing once in awhile.
  • Just making their arms Beskar would make no sense. That’s a design you only create if you think they’ll be in melee combat with a Jedi or darksaber owner. But they don’t even have the reflexes for that so again, useless.

Or if they're going to be pounding those arms against blast doors that are just as hard as the arms themselves.

Just saying.

Reinforcing key lines of engineering stress to allow transfer of forces along the exo/skeleton's pure beskar elements makes sense if they're going to do exactly the kinds of things we saw them do before Luke even showed up.
    Plus, you act like the show is over. It may be that they are doing something more important with it.

The show is over. Future shows may do something with beskar, but none of those things will save this episode from the terrible, out-of-character scenes of trained warriors sitting on their thumbs praying for someone else to save them.
    I’m not even sure what you mean by the “problem of the blast doors”.

The blast doors are impacting the droids just exactly as hard as the droids are impacting on the blast doors. Why aren't the droids being as badly affected as the doors?

The only way that can happen is if the droids' frames are made of stronger stuff. MUCH stronger stuff given how the blast doors are much, much thicker than the droids' frames.

The only "much stronger than durasteel (or whatever)" stuff they've introduced to the audiences is beskar. Therefore, the droids should be reinforced with beskar, or (really "and/or") they should be bashing themselves to tatters in the process of beating on the blast doors.
    Our heroes did plenty. I’m fine if they need rescuing once in awhile.

I agree that it's okay if they need rescuing once in a while, but why did they stop acting like warriors? They had the dark saber. They could have found oxygen masks & cut their way through the hull to try to make it back to the hangar. Or just brought up a schematic to see where they could cut through the deck or a bulkhead so that they could get around the droids on the way to an escape pod.

But nope.

Sure, they couldn't beat that number of droids. And sure they could have made a plan and had it fail. (Being intercepted on the way to the escape pod because the darksaber wasn't cutting through bulkheads fast enough, for instance.)

Instead they acted like cowards paralyzed by fear. And they did that after Mando had even killed one of the things, so they knew that some victories were possible if they could narrow the access so that they were fighting fewer at a time.

In short, they acted completely incompetently, when the first 15 episodes set us up to believe that all these people are quite competent.

It's bad writing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The next one will have it.

I will bet we see at least 1 if not 2 before the show is over.

Beskar (unmasked)

You heard it here first.
  • Just making their arms Beskar would make no sense. That’s a design you only create if you think they’ll be in melee combat with a Jedi or darksaber owner. But they don’t even have the reflexes for that so again, useless.

Or if they're going to be pounding those arms against blast doors that are just as hard as the arms themselves.

Just saying.

Reinforcing key lines of engineering stress to allow transfer of forces along the exo/skeleton's pure beskar elements makes sense if they're going to do exactly the kinds of things we saw them do before Luke even showed up.
    Plus, you act like the show is over. It may be that they are doing something more important with it.

The show is over. Future shows may do something with beskar, but none of those things will save this episode from the terrible, out-of-character scenes of trained warriors sitting on their thumbs praying for someone else to save them.
    I’m not even sure what you mean by the “problem of the blast doors”.

The blast doors are impacting the droids just exactly as hard as the droids are impacting on the blast doors. Why aren't the droids being as badly affected as the doors?

The only way that can happen is if the droids' frames are made of stronger stuff. MUCH stronger stuff given how the blast doors are much, much thicker than the droids' frames.

The only "much stronger than durasteel (or whatever)" stuff they've introduced to the audiences is beskar. Therefore, the droids should be reinforced with beskar, or (really "and/or") they should be bashing themselves to tatters in the process of beating on the blast doors.
    Our heroes did plenty. I’m fine if they need rescuing once in awhile.

I agree that it's okay if they need rescuing once in a while, but why did they stop acting like warriors? They had the dark saber. They could have found oxygen masks & cut their way through the hull to try to make it back to the hangar. Or just brought up a schematic to see where they could cut through the deck or a bulkhead so that they could get around the droids on the way to an escape pod.

But nope.

Sure, they couldn't beat that number of droids. And sure they could have made a plan and had it fail. (Being intercepted on the way to the escape pod because the darksaber wasn't cutting through bulkheads fast enough, for instance.)

Instead they acted like cowards paralyzed by fear. And they did that after Mando had even killed one of the things, so they knew that some victories were possible if they could narrow the access so that they were fighting fewer at a time.

In short, they acted completely incompetently, when the first 15 episodes set us up to believe that all these people are quite competent.

It's bad writing.

Their primary design probably wasn’t punching doors. That’s an extremely expensive feature when the empire generally has easier ways of breaking open doors. Plus, they seemed to handle it fine.

I thought it had been confirmed for a third season? Not talking about book of boba. Like an actual third season. Maybe I’m wrong. Either way, they were prepared to fight, but they weren’t going to rush out unnecessarily. They were being strategic about it. Then if Luke can handle it, why should they need to risk getting in the middle of it? They’re not necessarily heroic or selfless people (except maybe Cara) that are looking to fight if it doesn’t serve their goal. Bounty hunter lady is just fulfilling a debt. Mandalorians just want the darksaber. Mandalorian just wants the kid. All of them would’ve been happy to let someone else do the fighting or avoid it if possible.

You don’t actually know this. Just because they didn’t take time to sit us down and go into detail about the composition of the droids and their methods of door busting doesn’t mean that they should have acted in a way that they didn’t. The fact that they didn’t, shows that you are wrong more than it shows bad writing.

Again, you must have watched a different episode than me. They knew victory was possible, but difficult, that’s why they were prepared to fight, but not rushing into it. They had their weapons all ready. They didn’t stand there with their weapons down saying “I don’t know what to do”
  • Their primary design probably wasn’t punching doors. That’s an extremely expensive feature when the empire generally has easier ways of breaking open doors. Plus, they seemed to handle it fine.

And that's a problem that needs explaining. WHY did they handle it just fine? Why are freaking blast doors more than a foot thick still flimsier than the millimeters-thick plating on a droid hand?

The door is hitting the droids precisely as hard as the droids are hitting the door. Why is there no effect on the droid?

It's so unrealistic even in this fictional universe that it needs an explanation. Fortunately, they have one: beskar. But if the droids were made out of beskar, or at least reinforced with strategically placed beskar rods & plates, then Luke's lightsaber would not have been able to be cut through their arms (at minimum, since the arms are the one part that we **know** were stronger than the blast doors, but also the lightsaber probably wouldn't have been able to cut through their torsos they way Luke did).

So the one explanation that could have made their completely unrealistic mistake was thrown away through the quite obvious visual contradiction of the droids' vulnerability to lightsaber attack.
    Either way, they were prepared to fight, but they weren’t going to rush out unnecessarily. They were being strategic about it.

No. They weren't. They didn't even take cover behind any instrument panels so that they could fire their weapons with slightly more safety than otherwise. Watch the scene. They did NOTHING a competent warrior would do. They didn't decide on a leader or a plan. They didn't gather the weapons from the Imps they had earlier shot so that either they could use them or (at minimum) they couldn't be picked up by the droids & used against them.

Strategic is the last thing there were being. And that, again, is the problem.
    They didn’t stand there with their weapons down saying “I don’t know what to do”

That is literally what they did, except worse: no one actually managed to say, "I don't know what to do" out loud. If they had, Mando could have at least told them how he had managed to kill one so that they would start the fight with slightly more information.

Standing there bewildered is literally all they did.
  • Their primary design probably wasn’t punching doors. That’s an extremely expensive feature when the empire generally has easier ways of breaking open doors. Plus, they seemed to handle it fine.

And that's a problem that needs explaining. WHY did they handle it just fine? Why are freaking blast doors more than a foot thick still flimsier than the millimeters-thick plating on a droid hand?

The door is hitting the droids precisely as hard as the droids are hitting the door. Why is there no effect on the droid?

It's so unrealistic even in this fictional universe that it needs an explanation. Fortunately, they have one: beskar. But if the droids were made out of beskar, or at least reinforced with strategically placed beskar rods & plates, then Luke's lightsaber would not have been able to be cut through their arms (at minimum, since the arms are the one part that we **know** were stronger than the blast doors, but also the lightsaber probably wouldn't have been able to cut through their torsos they way Luke did).

So the one explanation that could have made their completely unrealistic mistake was thrown away through the quite obvious visual contradiction of the droids' vulnerability to lightsaber attack.
    Either way, they were prepared to fight, but they weren’t going to rush out unnecessarily. They were being strategic about it.

No. They weren't. They didn't even take cover behind any instrument panels so that they could fire their weapons with slightly more safety than otherwise. Watch the scene. They did NOTHING a competent warrior would do. They didn't decide on a leader or a plan. They didn't gather the weapons from the Imps they had earlier shot so that either they could use them or (at minimum) they couldn't be picked up by the droids & used against them.

Strategic is the last thing there were being. And that, again, is the problem.
    They didn’t stand there with their weapons down saying “I don’t know what to do”

That is literally what they did, except worse: no one actually managed to say, "I don't know what to do" out loud. If they had, Mando could have at least told them how he had managed to kill one so that they would start the fight with slightly more information.

Standing there bewildered is literally all they did.

It’s very possible that the droids hands would have gotten messed up if they had kept going. This is extremely nitpicking a tv show. You are creating an issue when there doesn’t need to be one. It’s a fantasy show, most of what happens is unrealistic. It’s possible the droids are made of some alloy that’s stronger than durasteel.
    Your other point has slightly more weight. I don’t have access to rewatch it right now, but I feel like I remember everyone standing with their weapons in ready position. It reminds me of a scene in lord of the rings where the fellowship is in Moria and they barricade a door. The Orcs start breaking in and the first thing to go is a small hole in the center of the door that the heroes then start shooting through. In my mind this was the same situation.
  • @Eweff I think you’re right to defend your position, but it sounds like you’re assuming a lot of things for the benefit of the storytelling that the show doesn’t actually include. I don’t like nitpicking or arguing about logic in a story either, but your approach seems to imply that there are things you believe are true about the motives of the characters and direction of the show that could just be your mind filling in the holes in the writing.
  • biglippedbeast
    340 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    tf9p40784q0q.png

SIMPLE MAN
  • My mate thought it be ezra bridger but i knew it was luke due to the lightsaber hilt and the black glove :)
  • tf9p40784q0q.png

SIMPLE MAN

That picture is going to be my new wallpaper lol.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • For those comments complaining it was luke, a lot of us didn’t like at all how Luke was done in the sequels so them giving us a Luke that looks like Luke made a lot of us almost forget what the sequels did. I wouldn’t want some actor show up in this(or another) show as Luke but because of this one scene I’ll be fine with a new actor(obviously Hamill will still be the best Luke) along with a large number of people I know
  • The book of boba fett is a new tv show, the official star wars Instagram said so.
    zzqdm92az743.png
  • MADMAN3199 wrote: »
    For those comments complaining it was luke, a lot of us didn’t like at all how Luke was done in the sequels so them giving us a Luke that looks like Luke made a lot of us almost forget what the sequels did. I wouldn’t want some actor show up in this(or another) show as Luke but because of this one scene I’ll be fine with a new actor(obviously Hamill will still be the best Luke) along with a large number of people I know

I disagree, the best Luke was definitely the baby in Revenge of the Sith. XDXDXDXD
  • Yoda_66 wrote: »
    The book of boba fett is a new tv show, the official star wars Instagram said so.
    zzqdm92az743.png

I posted this earlier about that: https://www.starwars.com/news/the-book-of-boba-fett

From the official Star Wars website.
    For those comments complaining it was luke, a lot of us didn’t like at all how Luke was done in the sequels so them giving us a Luke that looks like Luke made a lot of us almost forget what the sequels did. I wouldn’t want some actor show up in this(or another) show as Luke but because of this one scene I’ll be fine with a new actor(obviously Hamill will still be the best Luke) along with a large number of people I know

The scene was cool, but not exactly why I didn’t want it to be Luke. I was hoping for something fresh, a new Jedi survivor, then either Cal or Ezra. Just figured the Skywalker family had its run and Luke was a cliche go to character. I kinda wanted to be surprised over having the “it’s Luke” obvious choice.

The scene was cool, but not exactly why I didn’t want it to be Luke. I was hoping for something fresh, a new Jedi survivor, then either Cal or Ezra. Just figured the Skywalker family had its run and Luke was a cliche go to character. I kinda wanted to be surprised over having the “it’s Luke” obvious choice.

Agreed, I was hoping for Windu, Cal, or someone else. But I was honestly shocked when I found out that it was Luke, I didn't expect the Jedi to come until season 3. Sure, not exactly what I hoped for, but still a great surprise and I loved it.
  • I had hoped for Mace or another Jedi but after watching it I am glad they did go that way. I join those that couldn’t stand the way they portrayed Luke in the sequels and this gave/gives them the chance to rectify it ... at least a bit.

As for which other Jedi could it have been? Anyone they didn’t show dead/dying. The Jedi managed to survive and cut themselves off from the force. Yoda, when saying Luke was the last Jedi, wouldn’t have lied for as as far as he could tell Luke was because he couldn’t feel any others. Then once learning of the Emperor and his huntsman’s death merely reconnected. Then shortly thereafter felt Grogu reach out.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Book of Boba (helluva name for a bubble tea store, btw)

Lol...Well done
  • I like how they made note that those Dark Troopers were generation 3 Dark Troopers. Small but nice detail.
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Luke looked like he’d also mastered ventriloquism as well as the force. He said that without moving his lips (much). Was better than the Rogue One Leia though.