F2P GL Progress - 2nd Batch

Replies

• b48ns1kwqjqm.jpg
    Coming along nicely for me, once piett and krennic are 7* then some of the gear piece farming will quicken up.
  • Getting close to my first gl
    mj2gubkhfibn.png
  • Nice work, Yado. I can see you're on the cusp with Royal Guard, and then you can turn your full attention to Veers - at least until Krennick hits 7*. There's a very clear path for upgrades there.
  • eiy8n6x1t8jg.png

Not long an hopefully I will have him soon
  • FTP takes so long, but it feels really good to have it moving along ...

jkz8oo68svue.png
  • So obviously every little bit helps even when you're not directly working on a GL. Just because you haven't decided to start a GL quest doesn't mean that you're not accumulating gear, etc.

That said, I just wrapped up the requirements for SLKR, my 2nd GL.

From initial decision to switch over & focus on Rey, it took 17 weeks to finish all requirements.

From the initial decision to focus on SLKR, it took me 10 weeks (69 days) to finish all requirements.

The biggest differences were first in my use of GET1 & GET2. While working on the GL Rey requirements, my GET2 was still entirely focussed on Malevolence. But I finished Mal just a couple weeks before finishing Rey's reqs. It didn't help me because by that point I was only waiting on signal data (which I had planned badly the first time). So essentially my entire Rey farm was without GET2.

Second, I planned much better for my signal data this time. When I went for Rey I really didn't farm hard enough. I wasn't using Cantina Energy refreshes early enough. Had I completed the signal data on time, I could have finished 2-3 weeks earlier, as soon as I got the last required toon to g13.

That lesson + finishing the capital ship farms cut seven weeks off my GL effort. That's huge. So if you're FtP & wondering how it will ever be possible to get all these toons, stick with it. Lessons will be learned. Resources will come available (from new sources or from old).

It gets better.

Next up is Rancor Challenge Tier prep, but before the end of January I'll be starting JMLS. I promise to give occasional updates.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm not inclined to do the 2 gls left for me. But See has so few reqs left. If they were to revamp him a bit, I'd certainly steer the ship to pick him up.

qg20ymd2lo3y.png
    nuh6fpr1xys1.png

6qnbag7bp23v.png
    cq1e8w6uyvwj.png

• MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    MikKro wrote: »
    xrf8xn0smc87.png

r93zxbluexkx.png

Almost 2 months later the journey begins. Its a shame the destination is bad, but at least troopers are doing solid work
  • MikKro wrote: »
    MikKro wrote: »
    xrf8xn0smc87.png

r93zxbluexkx.png

Almost 2 months later the journey begins. Its a shame the destination is bad, but at least troopers are doing solid work

I'm 180/330 on SEE. I think the zeta on Sidious is a bit of insurance... That's what I was told anyway.
  • Im 6/6 so far without the zeta. I'll admit that having solid mods and getting a few lucky dodges played a big part in some of those wins, but i intended to not waste a zeta even if it meant a few more attempts.

• grtrz2yz7901.png

Unlocked today... yay? Now to R7 him and then relic the Triumvirate. At least I have a GL
  • gmec0ty649zq.jpg
    I'm getting closer and closer, the TIE Bomber is at 6 stars too, but I'm going to wait until I finish all the requirements before I get it to 7 star because it's a dark side farm that I can use for getting tickets.
  • grtrz2yz7901.png

Unlocked today... yay? Now to R7 him and then relic the Triumvirate. At least I have a GL

Congratulations. It is a bit frustrating that none of the triumvirate are in SEE's prerequisites. Not least that some pretty iffy characters are required (r7 Sideous is just awful).
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    xn4m5irzh36o.jpeg
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    grtrz2yz7901.png

Congratulations. It is a bit frustrating that none of the triumvirate are in SEE's prerequisites. Not least that some pretty iffy characters are required (r7 Sideous is just awful).

Sid is great. I run this team constantly and at most only lose traya because ai focuses her first. Load her up with nothing but protection and she’s the meat bag.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    grtrz2yz7901.png

Ewwww that does suck, never thought about that. For someone that has all the Sith in him it's pretty lame they ignored 3 of the most powerful
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Guys, SEE is awesome. I am really happy I unlocked SEE 2 weeks ago and had ultimate saved from JML to unlock SEE’s ultimate immediately. The new SEE helped me secure my first 12/12 for this GAC. SEE just easily beats 3 GLs for high banner (except SLKR, unfortunately).

You can climb in arena with SEE to any spot as long as it is not SLKR.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    xn4m5irzh36o.jpeg
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    grtrz2yz7901.png

Sid is great. I run this team constantly and at most only lose traya because ai focuses her first. Load her up with nothing but protection and she’s the meat bag.

Congrats on making SEE work, but what is Sideous bringing to that squad?
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    Guys, SEE is awesome. I am really happy I unlocked SEE 2 weeks ago and had ultimate saved from JML to unlock SEE’s ultimate immediately. The new SEE helped me secure my first 12/12 for this GAC. SEE just easily beats 3 GLs for high banner (except SLKR, unfortunately).

Only whales have all 4 GL

Oh wait :)

Who are you assigning to assist SEE? Backup sith or some of the better ones?
  • i5brhbzmxbyi.png

Unlocked my second GL - JML yesterday :).

I'm going to take some time to round out my roster and gear up teams that I've neglected for far too long now.

Then it's onto SLKR...
    Check out my content on YouTube...search for Scrybe Gaming!
  • sloweagle wrote: »

Only whales have all 4 GL

Oh wait :)

Who are you assigning to assist SEE? Backup sith or some of the better ones?

Just Wat. It beats JML, Rey or SEE 2 vs 5. Against SLKR, it needs Traya BSF DR DN or Wat.
  • BTW, I completed all ultimate farming too this morning. And saved 74 tickets both DS and LS. So 2nd batch now completed for me.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Daum, you'll be ready for another by the next batch.
  • 5kfizc4p0tr5.jpg
    Just Krennic and Piett to relic now. Marauder does need to go from R6 to R7, but I'll get the electrium conductors I'll need from Places of Power.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    sloweagle wrote: »
    BTW, I completed all ultimate farming too this morning. And saved 74 tickets both DS and LS. So 2nd batch now completed for me.

You should've done what i did

Have the 4th GL's ultimate mats at 9/10 and sitting at 144/144 tickets
  • Ultra wrote: »
    sloweagle wrote: »
    BTW, I completed all ultimate farming too this morning. And saved 74 tickets both DS and LS. So 2nd batch now completed for me.

You should've done what i did

Have the 4th GL's ultimate mats at 9/10 and sitting at 144/144 tickets

I'll try to remember to do that for my future GL unlocks
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Something I'm divided about, asking for opinion. I have 2 gls rn and covered for arena needs.

I didn't wanna get see because of low usefulness, but since I love imp troopers, I ended up relicing them which got me pretty close to see. If I burn the current gear hoard, it should take me some time like 20-30 days. Or I keep hoarding gear for future things. Cg's reluctance on buffing see makes me hesitate. For comparison slkr is much further away if I decided to go for him.

*Pics might be too small, the graph shows 65k crystals worth of gear for see and 226k for slkr

42s4idyjraqn.png
    wnc6zkgb9sg6.png
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    gearing troopers is the trap that made me commit to SEE

the biggest hurdle is the relic grind for SEE, and i would just pass on him for the next batch of GLs
  • w7lr8e4nqahw.png

So close
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Something I'm divided about, asking for opinion. I have 2 gls rn and covered for arena needs.

I didn't wanna get see because of low usefulness, but since I love imp troopers, I ended up relicing them which got me pretty close to see. If I burn the current gear hoard, it should take me some time like 20-30 days. Or I keep hoarding gear for future things. Cg's reluctance on buffing see makes me hesitate. For comparison slkr is much further away if I decided to go for him.

*Pics might be too small, the graph shows 65k crystals worth of gear for see and 226k for slkr

42s4idyjraqn.png
    wnc6zkgb9sg6.png

Since you are close to SEE, I would recommend you finish it. One of the reason many went to SEE first is because its path is simple and generally useful. While SEE might not be the best GL as the first one, it is a great addition if you have a couple already. It is very helpful in GAC and TW. Most of the complainants on SEE went for SEE first as their only GL. If you already have two, you will like its current form.
  • This close to slkr and see...hyperfocusing on kr rn n8zijxxec110.jpg
    lmyc5dieyic3.jpg