Mandalorian S2:E8 Chat (SPOILERS)

Replies

• He even force choked the dark trooper. Or force smash...but when Luke came in it was like the Darth Vader entrance scene in Rouge One but backwards lol
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I am hoping that this season of the Mandalorian pushed Bo Katan enough so that we can finally get her in SWGOH
  • I'm mostly hoping for a rework or a new Boba. Maybe add a new rework to Mando with the spear, but I think they are probably just going to make a new one for Mando. Hopefully in Bad Batch Fennic is in it enough to get her in SWGOH. I think we need Mando to have a spear and flame thrower, also a new/rework for Ahsoka would be nice. The devs already confirmed the Armorer which was surprising since she had little screen time. But we'll see how they decide to do that.

I was also thinking for the future in Mandalorian later seasons if indeed Snoke is in it, then they would need to add Doctor Pershing to the game and whoever else later on so we could get Snoke or whoever the cloning project was meant for.

I think they added Gideon for a reason, I think they have a plan to add someone good soon that requires Gideon like how they did it with Kuiil and IG-11.

But I agree, I think Bo Katan is cool (in Mando, I haven't finished Clone Wars, still only on the end of Season 1, give me a break) and I think they will add her especially if she appears as a somewhat main character in the Ahsoka TV show.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • I'm mostly hoping for a rework or a new Boba

There's a whole new series specifically named after Boba. We'll get a new Boba when that series comes out, probably not before.
    Hopefully in Bad Batch Fennic is in it enough to get her in SWGOH.

Fennec is in the new Book of Boba series, so we'll get her when we get New Boba, which is 11-12 months from now.

I think we need Mando to have a spear and flame thrower,

I specifically wished that we would not get another Mando & that they would focus on new toons rather than multiple versions of existing toons.

However Kyno has predicted (not asked devs, just made a personal prediction) that there will be another Mando, with the spear. Based on the track record of CG implementing exactly what I want in this game, you should probably trust Kyno's prediction far more than my wish.

Therefore, consider spear-Mando confirmed.
    also a new/rework for Ahsoka would be nice

Ahsoka is also getting her own show, so there's going to be an Ahsoka released to coincide with her new show just as there will be a New Boba for his new show.
    The devs already confirmed the Armorer

They have only confirmed that the Armorer will be in the game ... not necessarily as a playable character. Think of the salvage jawa that gives us relic mats if you want an idea of the difference between "appearing in the game" and being a playable character.
  • Mandalorian_Basch
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Great episode, although I can't help but feel that CG should have waited and made this version of Luke into a GL instead of the disney trilogy one :(

This version of Luke is definitely more of a legend among the fanbase from what I've seen

As for Boba, either a marquee or journey of "acid stained armour" Boba or "gaffi stick" Boba leading into either a journey or GL "repainted Boba" seems logical :)
  • MADMAN3199
    75 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Great episode, although I can't help but feel that CG should have waited and made this version of Luke into a GL instead of the disney trilogy one :(

This version of Luke is definitely more of a legend among the fanbase from what I've seen

As for Boba, either a marquee or journey of "acid stained armour" Boba or "gaffi stick" Boba leading into either a journey or GL "repainted Boba" seems logical :)

CG wouldn’t have known at the time but they could just rework GL Luke but they will either make another Luke or not bother at all. This would be a better one 100% and as a bonus doesn’t require any Rey(Or sequel toons)

A GL boba would be nice though but being logical has never been CG’s strong point. Although maybe 2021 will be the year they become logical
  • MADMAN3199 wrote: »

CG wouldn’t have known at the time but they could just rework GL Luke but they will either make another Luke or not bother at all. This would be a better one 100% and as a bonus doesn’t require any Rey(Or sequel toons)

A GL boba would be nice though but being logical has never been CG’s strong point. Although maybe 2021 will be the year they become logical

I'm looking forward to Dad Bod Boba showing up. Though a rework of him and his ship would be stellar. I expect they'll have plenty of obscure requirements in new characters coming.

I'd expect a fennec shan from this show though. I'd be surprised if they waited until the bad batch comes out for that.

Oh I get you, I meant it as a "I wish they'd had time to find out about this one before releasing the other" :)

If they release this version as a GL, I'd be on it! :)

Oh I get you, I meant it as a "I wish they'd had time to find out about this one before releasing the other" :)

This version of Luke is Jedi Knight Luke.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • very true, I personally enjoyed the mandolorian its just what the producers needed to make so star wars keeps its reputation for good and thrilling movies. hope this is not the end of the star wars productions.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    MADMAN3199 wrote: »

This version of Luke is Jedi Knight Luke.

At this point he is a Jedi master though so this version wouldn’t be JKL. Also JKL doesn’t use force crush
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    very true, I personally enjoyed the mandolorian its just what the producers needed to make so star wars keeps its reputation for good and thrilling movies. hope this is not the end of the star wars productions.

Did you not see everything announced? There's like 10 more projects in the works (not including movies)
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    That was fun. Always nice to see Sasha Banks.

I'm pretty sure Book of Boba means this is the end of Pedro Pascal's story. But that's okay. His arc is complete. I'm sure he'll show up in some episodes of season 3, but he's no longer going to be the main character. After all, where else do you go with him?

That said, I'd be fine with Book of Boba being either a spin-off or season 3. I trust Filoni and Favreau to make either one work. But, to me, it feels like this is a good point to transition to telling a new story rather than having to keep adding extensions onto the original story.
    Could we replace sad old Luke (JML) with the kicka** Luke we saw yesterday? What fans really wanted Luke to be after Return of the Jedi?

.......This takes place just a few years after Return of the Jedi. Jedi Master Luke is like 30 years after even this. You think he's going to be a spry young jedi his whole life? I've got news for both you and your knees and ankles if that's the case....

Yes I realize that. But no one asked for the Luke we saw in TLJ. We wanted to see Luke be a powerful Jedi like we saw on this last episode. I just want this awesome Luke in the game. JKL doesn’t do him justice.

I did. I love Last Jedi.

Stop being such a hater. Your life will be much more enjoyable when you break free of the solipsism of "I did not like this therefore it is bad."

This statement does not make The Last Jedi good either.
  • Konju wrote: »

I'm pretty sure Book of Boba means this is the end of Pedro Pascal's story. But that's okay. His arc is complete. I'm sure he'll show up in some episodes of season 3, but he's no longer going to be the main character. After all, where else do you go with him?

That said, I'd be fine with Book of Boba being either a spin-off or season 3. I trust Filoni and Favreau to make either one work. But, to me, it feels like this is a good point to transition to telling a new story rather than having to keep adding extensions onto the original story.
    Could we replace sad old Luke (JML) with the kicka** Luke we saw yesterday? What fans really wanted Luke to be after Return of the Jedi?

.......This takes place just a few years after Return of the Jedi. Jedi Master Luke is like 30 years after even this. You think he's going to be a spry young jedi his whole life? I've got news for both you and your knees and ankles if that's the case....

Yes I realize that. But no one asked for the Luke we saw in TLJ. We wanted to see Luke be a powerful Jedi like we saw on this last episode. I just want this awesome Luke in the game. JKL doesn’t do him justice.

I did. I love Last Jedi.

Stop being such a hater. Your life will be much more enjoyable when you break free of the solipsism of "I did not like this therefore it is bad."

"Like/dislike" is subjective.
    "Good/bad" is objective.
    Konju wrote: »

I did. I love Last Jedi.

"Good/bad" is objective.

Good/bad is not really objective either in this context... how could any movie be objectively good? The most relevant criteria you could use to judge a movie are based on opinion, not fact (quality of dialog/storytelling/visuals). If millions of people like a movie we might call it good, but then by good we just mean popular. I'll continue to call movies good or bad, but I don't think it's an objective statement in any way.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    As much as “dislike ≠ bad”, “like ≠ good.” That is all.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. The show in general. I also enjoy harsh criticism of films/shows. There are plenty of issues with this episode/show, yet I still enjoy it. I enjoyed Luke entering the show.

Curious what is coming next season.

I did. I love Last Jedi.

"Good/bad" is objective.

Good/bad is not really objective either in this context... how could any movie be objectively good?

That’s the point. No movie is good or bad. You like it or you don’t.

I responded to someone who said no one wanted to see an old, disillusioned Luke from Last Jedi by saying that I wanted to see it and that I love the movie. It’s everyone else that’s claiming it’s bad that’s wrong.

You don’t have to like art. But the art still exists whether you like it or not, and the next person after you to look at it will have a different subjective reaction. But the art is neither good nor bad, it simply is.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I've seen The Room. It is absolutely objectively a bad movie.

And I like it btw.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    The room is pretty bad and I don’t even like it in it’s so bad it’s good way
  • TVF wrote: »

And I like it btw.

It employed several dozen people and was cast mostly by friends of the director, it led to ironic joy from millions of people and even launched a book and movie about how weird making it was.

Good and bad are objective moral judgements. The art itself is an inert thing that just exists and cannot do good or do bad. It can incite people to do good or bad things, but that’s a whole different and unrelated matter.

You didn’t like it. That’s fine. Or you did like it. That’s also fine. Liking or disliking something is a subjective truth. Subjective truths are what make each of us unique and different from one another. But liking or not liking a thing doesn’t make the thing good or bad.
    TVF wrote: »

And I like it btw.

It employed several dozen people and was cast mostly by friends of the director, it led to ironic joy from millions of people and even launched a book and movie about how weird making it was.

Good and bad are objective moral judgements. The art itself is an inert thing that just exists and cannot do good or do bad. It can incite people to do good or bad things, but that’s a whole different and unrelated matter.

You didn’t like it. That’s fine. Or you did like it. That’s also fine. Liking or disliking something is a subjective truth. Subjective truths are what make each of us unique and different from one another. But liking or not liking a thing doesn’t make the thing good or bad.

In the context of talking about a movie, good and bad are not moral judgements, objective or otherwise, they are simply value judgements. There is a big difference. When I watch a film, I don't care how many people it employed, I don't think anybody does, it's just not relevant to the viewer experience.

And I like it btw.

Were you previously employed as a Bill Clinton speech writer? What a load of double talk hogwash.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

And I like it btw.

Were you previously employed as a Bill Clinton speech writer? What a load of double talk hogwash.

It's not my fault you aren't smart, don't be mad at me.

EDIT: It was early in the morning and I was grumpy. Let me put it another way—
    How is what I’m saying doublespeak? I gave a clear definition of my terms and didn’t move the goal posts if challenged on it. I’ve talked about how good and bad are objective terms, so I’m not talking about relativism.

So how’s that doublespeak? Or are you just using a $5 word you got off your 2021 word-a-day calendar that you don’t actually know the meaning of?
    Post edited by NicWester on
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2021

And I like it btw.

In the context of talking about a movie, good and bad are not moral judgements, objective or otherwise, they are simply value judgements. There is a big difference. When I watch a film, I don't care how many people it employed, I don't think anybody does, it's just not relevant to the viewer experience.

That's the thing, though, good and bad *are* moral judgements. That's what the words mean. If you intend for a value judgement, then you use subjective words such as like or dislike, or you can go stronger and say you loved it or you hated it, or you can go worse and say you were ambivalent or kept looking at your watch to see if it was almost over. But when people say something is good or bad what they're saying is that it's good or bad for *everyone*, which is just objectively not true. (Minor edit: Let’s remove the moral part from the thing, even that still makes the case—if a movie is “bad” it’s an objective statement that it’s bad for everyone.)

You should care how many people a movie employed. That was the only thing that got me through Inherent Vice... Aside from that, though, I have a friend that does a bunch of jobs in LA, but occasionally gets jobs on sets as a production assistant. Movies that flop pay the crew's mortgage just as well as the blockbusters do.

Folks should spend more time thinking about other people is all I'm saying. Either in terms of how they might like or dislike something different from you, or in terms of how the culture you consume is made by them. Just be more aware of others in general.
    Post edited by NicWester on
  • Long story short to bring it back around to what this thread is about and how we got onto this tangent in the first place--Old Luke from Last Jedi is a character I really liked. I'm sorry whoever said "no one wanted it" (an objective statement about his subjective opinion) didn't like it. He shoukd ask himself why and what that means to him that he didn't like it.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

And I like it btw.

Lol the fact that it employed some people and brought more people joy is irrelevant. It is poorly written, poorly acted, and poorly directed. That makes it a bad movie in my book. Shrug.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You should care how many people a movie employed. That was the only thing that got me through Inherent Vice... Aside from that, though, I have a friend that does a bunch of jobs in LA, but occasionally gets jobs on sets as a production assistant. Movies that flop pay the crew's mortgage just as well as the blockbusters do.

That's great. And yet irrelevant to the question of how well the movie was made.

I did. I love Last Jedi.

"Good/bad" is objective.

I did. I love Last Jedi.

"Good/bad" is objective.

Good/bad is not really objective either in this context... how could any movie be objectively good?

I responded to someone who said no one wanted to see an old, disillusioned Luke from Last Jedi by saying that I wanted to see it and that I love the movie. It’s everyone else that’s claiming it’s bad that’s wrong.

You don’t have to like art. But the art still exists whether you like it or not, and the next person after you to look at it will have a different subjective reaction. But the art is neither good nor bad, it simply is.

And I like it btw.

And I like it btw.

How is what I’m saying doublespeak? I gave a clear definition of my terms and didn’t move the goal posts if challenged on it. I’ve talked about how good and bad are objective terms, so I’m not talking about relativism.

So how’s that doublespeak? Or are you just using a $5 word you got off your 2021 word-a-day calendar that you don’t actually know the meaning of?

And I like it btw.

That's the thing, though, good and bad *are* moral judgements. That's what the words mean. If you intend for a value judgement, then you use subjective words such as like or dislike, or you can go stronger and say you loved it or you hated it, or you can go worse and say you were ambivalent or kept looking at your watch to see if it was almost over. But when people say something is good or bad what they're saying is that it's good or bad for *everyone*, which is just objectively not true. (Minor edit: Let’s remove the moral part from the thing, even that still makes the case—if a movie is “bad” it’s an objective statement that it’s bad for everyone.)

Folks should spend more time thinking about other people is all I'm saying. Either in terms of how they might like or dislike something different from you, or in terms of how the culture you consume is made by them. Just be more aware of others in general.

The above is empirical evidence that your opinion and comprehension of the subject is bad and you should feel bad. I felt morally obligated to say this.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

I did. I love Last Jedi.

"Good/bad" is objective.

I did. I love Last Jedi.

"Good/bad" is objective.

And I like it btw.

And I like it btw.

And I like it btw.

The above is empirical evidence that your opinion and comprehension of the subject is bad and you should feel bad. I felt morally obligated to say this.

Morally obligated? If you felt in any way “morally obligated,” you would leave this person alone and let them have their opinion.

And that my friends, is why Star Wars can be so controversial. It means so much to so many, and it’s hard to understand that other people can have valid opinions that are in direct opposition of your valid opinions. So we say whatever we can to make it seem like our opinion is correct, not because of any moral obligation, but because it’s too hard for us to accept each other’s opinions.

I suggest we ignore arguments all together, and just accept that some people like what Rian Johnson did with Luke, and some people prefer the Luke from Legends that runs around being a bad***. There’s “canon” content for both now so you can enjoy whatever version you prefer without stomping on someone else’s heart.