Questions about 7* characters

I’ve been playing swgoh for a while, and I’m wondering how I can easily get characters to 7* without spending $100 dollars on the hd bundle. I know I’d have to get a bunch of shards and promote, but that takes a lot of time. I was just wandering if there’s a way to easily do this. Plus, I don’t want to spend months promoting Grand Moff Tarkin to 5*.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    Farm with refreshes and keep focus on a one thing, dont spread yourself too thin.

It really doesn't take that long, and with the recent update, it takes half as long to get an older toon to 7*.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • The game is a collection game. Collect the shards, promote the characters.

The only alternative is money.
  • Thanks, to both of you! You make a fair point. It’s probably better if I take the time then to spend loads of money. Besides, I get the experience of the game.
  • One thing: STAY FOCUSED
    Don't jump from one character to the next. Try this: pick a team to farm shards for, and one team to gear. (This could definitely be the same team) You can add some more than just 5 characters to farm, but you know what I mean.
    Check how many characters you have bookmarked. I'll bet there's a ton if you are having trouble getting them to 7*. Make sure not to bite off more than you can chew.
  • One thing: STAY FOCUSED
    Don't jump from one character to the next. Try this: pick a team to farm shards for, and one team to gear. (This could definitely be the same team) You can add some more than just 5 characters to farm, but you know what I mean.
    Check how many characters you have bookmarked. I'll bet there's a ton if you are having trouble getting them to 7*. Make sure not to bite off more than you can chew.

What he said. Don't try to farm ever single character at once. I am farming 10 characters/ships to 7* and it is taking a long time, but I don't need them right now. Prioritize what you need sooner and put more resources into it while still working on other characters.
  • Good advice. I’ll probably work on the characters I have at 5*, and are about 6*. Right now I’ve learned to prioritize the good characters, and not focus on that 1* Ewok scout from the start of the game. Since I’m trying to get 7* characters, Grand Moff Tarkin is gonna be my best bet. He’s not the most powerful, and he’s not my absolute favorite, but he’s farther along as far as getting to 7*. As I get more characters (better ones at that) I’ll probably start prioritizing them.