Prestigious Quests

I feel like this part of the game was introduced and then forgot about. They're meant to be side quests for factions with minimal rewards like portraits and personally, I think they should get some attention in the new year. Currently, there is only 4 you can do and they are confined to 3 factions and Ahsoka Fulcrum for some reason. I think they should maybe update the old ones and add one for each faction so high level players can have incentive to use certain teams and do the little quests and get portraits and titles. It seems to be the only thing in the game that you can passively work on but the rewards aren't so meaningful that it requires you to grind it. Maybe this would give people more of a reason to replay GCs and use team compositions that aren't exactly meta within them. I don't want this to become another grind but something you get progress on over time and have fun doing. I'd like to hear what other people think about this and if its a good idea or not.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    There's the larger problem of them requiring placement in now simmable raids or other feats that are essentially impossible for people in stronger guilds.
  • The simmable raid thing actually still gets awarded.

A guildmate recently activated one of the quests that requires 3 placements in HAAT, and his count has gone from 0/3 to 1/3.

Another who was stuck on 2/3 recently completed the quest after a sim.

Our theory is it basis it on the random placement during the join phase.
  • Honesty they should just get rid of it altogether and put something else that’s useful and fun in its place. Portraits and titles are useless and make terrible “content” especially when you get them from actually “prestigious” events that show a milestone and not just that you killed 500 wampas or whatever boring requirements they have.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Shaddess wrote: »
    Honesty they should just get rid of it altogether and put something else that’s useful and fun in its place. Portraits and titles are useless and make terrible “content” especially when you get them from actually “prestigious” events that show a milestone and not just that you killed 500 wampas or whatever boring requirements they have.

They are meant to be "for show", and nothing else. they are designed so that if you dont care, you lose nothing by leaving them alone. Its not meant to be "useful", and if you dont find it fun, then you dont have to do them.
  • Shaddess wrote: »
    Honesty they should just get rid of it altogether and put something else that’s useful and fun in its place. Portraits and titles are useless and make terrible “content” especially when you get them from actually “prestigious” events that show a milestone and not just that you killed 500 wampas or whatever boring requirements they have.

I quite like my portraits and titles and in a game were you collect toons why not collect those too?
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I would love to see more quests in the game in a similar vein to the Han/GK/Traya ones that came out. I think quests would be a great way to reward the people who enjoy the collection aspect of the game. Star Trek Timelines does an excellent job of rewarding its collectionists by giving certain boosts to stats and some really nice goodies with it. I'm definitely not advocating for a stat increase or anything of that sort, but it would be neat to have some way to reward collectors.
  • @crzydroid I agree that the current quests are clunky and kind of random with the raid placements and such and that's why I'm saying it needs to be fixed if they are going to give attention to it
  • I am chasing my Vader portrait right now in honor of the late David Prowse, just need a few more TW accomplishments. So please do not remove the Prestigious Quests just yet.
  • can they do something about the Ahsoka fulcrum line though? I just finished Sith line and started hers but don't really want to go back to LS Hoth. Or ask the guild to.
  • can they do something about the Ahsoka fulcrum line though? I just finished Sith line and started hers but don't really want to go back to LS Hoth. Or ask the guild to.

You must SUFFER like the rest of us! Whahahahaha.

Jokes aside, do you at least have a decent squad of Rogue One toons, If not, be warned, you will need them to beat that special mission during phase 6 of LS Hoth to do the quest.

What I did to beat that quest was to take a one week vacation to another guild. It is not ideal, but if YOU, InyakSolomon88, want to do finish the quest, that is one of your only choices.
  • Currently, there is only 4 you can do and they are confined to 3 factions and Ahsoka Fulcrum for some reason.

rebels (specifically the informants (cassian)) is the Ahsoka faction.

but i like the idea of doing more of these just limit the requirements that need the lower end content.
    i'd love a separatist one that gives a Grievous portrait
  • For some strange reason you could also only have 3 of the 4 quest lines active simultaneously. Which makes it even slower to complete. I felt like either you select one faction to pursue at a time to make them exclusive or have all of them active at once, 3 of 4 is just ... meh!
  • For some strange reason you could also only have 3 of the 4 quest lines active simultaneously. Which makes it even slower to complete. I felt like either you select one faction to pursue at a time to make them exclusive or have all of them active at once, 3 of 4 is just ... meh!

One of the many questions I have asked the devs during the Q&As when they were still a thing.

Why are we limited to only doing a maximum of three prestigious quests at the same time? Why can't we do them all at the same time?

Never answered.
  • Sometimes I get the feeling that they don’t really think things through when they implement stuff in this game and when the community give feedback they get so embarrassed of how obvious it should have been that they can’t even comment and pretend like nothing.
  • What is killing me is that when I was using JKR and Jedi in arena I didn't have that quest activated. Now I'd have to drop A LOT to get those 10 wins and move on to the next part.
  • I think everyone should be placed at rank 1 so that way everyone can get the rank 1 exclusive rewards.
  • Shaddess wrote: »

That's the entire point of them. They're NOT useful. They're FUN. If you don't think they're fun, then you can ignore them completely and you won't be missing out on anything. If you don't think they're fun you can pretend NPC wampas don't exist.

I enjoyed getting the Jedi Master title. Sue me.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Thanks for bumping this thread. Reminded me that I need 2 more undersized GAC wins with Kenobi and I'll get 3 pieces of G12, which I need for chasing JML right now.