Please make HSR simable or ban SLKR from it

2Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    A few points to note:

- they have already stated that simming the Sith raid is a while out.
    - banning a character has never been a good idea and didnt work out well the last time they tried it
    - everything is designed around the principle that everything will be maxed, so from that perspective this is just part of the path
  • Kyno wrote: »
    - they have already stated that simming the Sith raid is a while out.

They said simming the sith raid was a while out nearly a year ago (Dec 2019 Q&A iirc). What constitutes a while?
    In the timeline of a game such as this, a year is a long time with how everything has progressed.
    I think it's reasonable to allow for simming to occur after enough time has passed. Has enough for this raid? I'd think so but that's my opinion. Just because simming is available, doesn't me everyone can or will. My guild plays "The Price is Right" with the Pitt. For about 6 hrs everyone has a chance to get as close to 50k damage without going over. You go over, you're done. When the go order is given, everyone under 50k goes at the beast and you' can't kill it in less than 10 minutes, in case some people are late to the party. We do the same for the Tank but use 100K as the goal. Saw another guild that was beating the pit but was making sure that the people with the fewest han shards were getting the highest scores so that they could sim it sooner.
    Guilds can make up their own mind on how to handle it. It would be nice to have the option.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    No way they make sith raid simmable until some time has passed with tank raid simmable.....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Banning a character from any game content is a bad idea.

Simming also has a problem. There isn't a newer raid to keep us busy. People are already screaming for more content and simming all 3 raids just makes it worse.

You can't just choose to do the raids if your guild sims it so this is different than individual simming and needs a more delicate solution.

So my idea is to make it simable but to allow access to individual raids for 2 days whenever the guild launches it for additional rewards based on how much dmg you can do.

Seems fair. You no longer have to fit in the dmg in 30 minutes. Those that grinded great teams are still rewarded for their effort. People that aren't already soloing have a goal and a challenge.

And for the easier raids, I would add an individual sim for like 50 solos so those that are bored with it can skip it if they want.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Jppc wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    No way they make sith raid simmable until some time has passed with tank raid simmable.....

Make both simmable at the same time

They won't.
  • Jppc wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Make both simmable at the same time
    You’ve got to remember the history of Rancor sim.

When they finally made it simmable, a vast number of guilds were posting 2 scores in the Rancor raid. Full clear, or 0.

The raid had become trivial, as there were multiple teams capable of soloing, and anyone who happened to be online when the signup ended would post a solo.

Is the tank raid in a similar position now? Yes. It’s overdue a sim function. Most guilds running this raid will have 2 scores posted. Full solo, or 0.

Is HSTR in a similar position? Definitely not.

• If your guild is internally competitive, then get used to it. If your guild is team oriented, then ask everyone to not use SLKR. That's it. The end.
  • YarikCaski wrote: »
    If your guild is internally competitive, then get used to it. If your guild is team oriented, then ask everyone to not use SLKR. That's it. The end.
    We see largely the same people in our top 10 that we’re taking those spots prior to SLKR, so that might not deliver what OP is looking for.
  • I still like the idea of an option to basically make the raid single player for the guild. When turned on, the raid is open for 24 hours for each individual person to complete by themselves. After 24 hours the damage is posted and scores are tallied, and rewards are given out the same way. This allows everyone to participate even if they aren’t on the minute the raid goes live. It also allows people to use multiple teams and take their time, and not try to just rush in as much damage as possible before a guildmate finishes his quick SLKR solo.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    I think a "tap out" feature would be nice - if you know you've done enough damage to place where you'd like to place, but also want to give guildmates the opportunity to do well themselves - you could choose to exit the raid at any point with your current damage recorded.

OK - so I want a spot in top 10, as that is where there is at least *some* possibility of a full g12 piece. Where do I tap out when a full solo won't guarantee top 20?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Tiig wrote: »
    I think a "tap out" feature would be nice - if you know you've done enough damage to place where you'd like to place, but also want to give guildmates the opportunity to do well themselves - you could choose to exit the raid at any point with your current damage recorded.

OK - so I want a spot in top 10, as that is where there is at least *some* possibility of a full g12 piece. Where do I tap out when a full solo won't guarantee top 20?

You don't always get what you want. If your guild has 20+ players soloing the raid why should you be guaranteed a top-10 rank?
  • I still like the idea of an option to basically make the raid single player for the guild. When turned on, the raid is open for 24 hours for each individual person to complete by themselves. After 24 hours the damage is posted and scores are tallied, and rewards are given out the same way. This allows everyone to participate even if they aren’t on the minute the raid goes live. It also allows people to use multiple teams and take their time, and not try to just rush in as much damage as possible before a guildmate finishes his quick SLKR solo.

This would be amazingly wonderful.

It would allow players to even have time to try multiple teams in a phase. What a crazy idea - actually play the content instead of racing through it with the same teams, trying to min/max damage as fast as possible.

Oddly enough, while the content wouldn't be "new", it would be more fun to have the option to play it that way - and all CG would have to do is figure out how to not universally apply damage done by an individual for a set amount of time.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • How about ending the battles at each end of a phase? Then you could no longer do the HSR solo with one team but would need at least 4 teams. That would limit the superiority of SLKR at least a little bit.
  • LordHel wrote: »
    How about ending the battles at each end of a phase? Then you could no longer do the HSR solo with one team but would need at least 4 teams. That would limit the superiority of SLKR at least a little bit.
    Or just get SLKR. He's been out for over 9 months now.
  • That's not the point at all. If 20 people from a guild have SLKR and do the raid solo, it's still just random who ends up in the top 3 or top 10 and gets good rewards.
    That's not the point at all. If 20 people from a guild have SLKR and do the raid solo, it's still just random who ends up in the top 3 or top 10 and gets good rewards.
    Which is arguably better than 20 people running the same teams and rewards being determined by who gets more crits or gets luckier with assists.
    That's not the point at all. If 20 people from a guild have SLKR and do the raid solo, it's still just random who ends up in the top 3 or top 10 and gets good rewards.
    Exactly. So over the course of a few months, all 20 will get a fair share of placements.

Then if it is becoming a divisive issue in your guild, your leadership should ban him. There is no need for a overhaul of the raid because of one team.

Several teams do damage across multiple phases, and your idea would interfere with them. GAS with Rex Nukes, Deathstorm etc would all have damage reduced.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    LordHel wrote: »

Exactly! That's great, isn't it?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    LordHel wrote: »
    Exactly. So over the course of a few months, all 20 will get a fair share of placements.

No because whomever is facing south when opening the battle gets better placement.