Galactic challenge

Replies

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    OK, my final post on this topic for now because this is just stupid ...

In my mind, a "Challenge" is something you can overcome. An "impossible wall" is not a "challenge". The "Challenge" may be very tough and maybe the thing to do to overcome it is spend lots of money, fine; that still counts as a "Challenge".

But if my r7 characters are being one-shot killed even before they have a turn, what am I supposed to do to overcome that?
    The fact that there are people that completed T7 with Scoundrels (and not even with r7, not with Beskar and his team) proves that it's a "Challenge" that can be overcome.

"People" plural?
    No, I'm obviously the only one that did it.

I've seen 3 non-Beskar variations so far, with Han and Chewie being more or less needed for all.

And the highest Tier you can do without Scoundrels ... ?
    Any. Scoundrels are not necessarily the best team for it, but you'll probably need a GL for optimal results.

So a non-Scoundrel squad you've beaten T7 with is ... ?
    Rey and literally anything around her because my supports never took a turn. WW Gideon, WW Piett (at this point you should also kill 2 with collateral damage). Clean up.

Tried that twice. Doesn't work.
    Rey goes first, uses Lifeblood. Cue five minutes of the enemy.
  • Stenun wrote: »

In my mind, a "Challenge" is something you can overcome. An "impossible wall" is not a "challenge". The "Challenge" may be very tough and maybe the thing to do to overcome it is spend lots of money, fine; that still counts as a "Challenge".

But if my r7 characters are being one-shot killed even before they have a turn, what am I supposed to do to overcome that?
    The fact that there are people that completed T7 with Scoundrels (and not even with r7, not with Beskar and his team) proves that it's a "Challenge" that can be overcome.

"People" plural?
    No, I'm obviously the only one that did it.

I've seen 3 non-Beskar variations so far, with Han and Chewie being more or less needed for all.

And the highest Tier you can do without Scoundrels ... ?
    Any. Scoundrels are not necessarily the best team for it, but you'll probably need a GL for optimal results.

So a non-Scoundrel squad you've beaten T7 with is ... ?
    Rey and literally anything around her because my supports never took a turn. WW Gideon, WW Piett (at this point you should also kill 2 with collateral damage). Clean up.

Tried that twice. Doesn't work.
    Rey goes first, uses Lifeblood. Cue five minutes of the enemy.
    Weird that just for you nothing works that works for others.
  • I have no GLs, but my standard DR team (3 relics, no more than R5) did it only losing Malak..

Also my new Jedi Knight Luke team with a really fast Shaak Ti did it easily (all Reliced)

The point about these challenges is to think of them as puzzles, especially at the higher tiers. The wrong squad, even at R7, will get murdered. Find the right squad/strategy/modding and they can be beaten
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Weird that just for you nothing works that works for others.

I know, right?
    It's almost like it relies on massive RNG and you need to roll six 6s in order to do it. ;-)
    One bit of bad luck and you fail.
  • LastNeuron
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I really don't undertand the CG target. Seem to kill the game by rage quit. Why? If you don't want to manage this game simply close all and goodbay, why this kind of bulling?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    I have no GLs, but my standard DR team (3 relics, no more than R5) did it only losing Malak..

I just tried that; my DRevan, Bastila Fallen and HK are all r5.

Tier6: My 308 Speed Bastila Fallen didn't even get a turn. Neither did anyone else.

Tier 5: she survived to have a turn but could only use her base ability. Same for DRevan. HK dies without a turn. Tried again, exactly the same result.

• HokieFiend
    444 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I have no GLs, but my standard DR team (3 relics, no more than R5) did it only losing Malak..

Also my new Jedi Knight Luke team with a really fast Shaak Ti did it easily (all Reliced)

The point about these challenges is to think of them as puzzles, especially at the higher tiers. The wrong squad, even at R7, will get murdered. Find the right squad/strategy/modding and they can be beaten

Mechanics that necessitate a force close doesn't equate to a challenge.

Need a very specific team? Fast mods? Ok. Maybe a wallet challenge. Just call it what it is.

If they wanted this to be a challenge for everyone they'd give event characters to everyone and let them figure it out. This mode was never intended to be anything more than a paywall gate to mod mats... further clarified now with paywalled characters needed to get top rewards.

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm watching a T5 attempt with my Scoundrels.
    I say "watching" because with 8 minutes left on the clock, I still haven't had a turn.
    All my characters are dead except r5 Enfys Nest who is just sitting there permanently stunned and permanently having turn meter removed. She has 115% Tenacity, btw.
    The numbers popping up for how much damage she should be taking are now over one million. 1.3M just flashed up.

This is only Tier 5. With relic characters.

When do I get a turn??

1.4M ...
  • Don't use nest, made the same mistake. Is to expensive to exclude her from the beginning, you have to find it out yourself.
  • Jango Lead get the Job done. You have to outrun Veers with Jango so the right modding is vital. Burn them and they dont get Bonus TM. Plug in Cara Dune for the AOE Stun if you like but she is not necessary.

3j70pphewt92.png
  • Ripperpa wrote: »
    Don't use nest, made the same mistake. Is to expensive to exclude her from the beginning, you have to find it out yourself.

I used nest and managed it. but I did mod her to be really fast (348).
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    This game is dead

The game? No the game is not dead. The dev’s understanding of their own game and @CG_Doja_Fett communication the last few weeks? Yeah...

I don’t think doja is even a real person to be honest. If it is it’s probably just mark acting too embarrassed to speak to us through himself after being silent for years
  • This is not fun :(:(
  • Also the person recommended using a high potency is extremely right. I tried it just once with a high speed high potency nest and beat it on the first try, shes only g12 but surrounded by relic scoundrels
  • Yeah, you will need to remod to do this with nest
  • GC's are showing over and over again that a big portion of this community are just casuals that are absolutely clueless about this game.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I beat t7 with EP(L), DR, dBast, vader and malak all at r4. I even used bastila’s aoe to get the kill 3 in one turn feat and didnt lose anyone.

However the faction for this challange is scoundrels and some of them can cause an endless loop. That is just sad. I understand we were told they could create new challanges very quickly. It would be better if they actually do a little bit testing before giving us this as new content.
  • GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Jango Lead get the Job done. You have to outrun Veers with Jango so the right modding is vital. Burn them and they dont get Bonus TM. Plug in Cara Dune for the AOE Stun if you like but she is not necessary.

3j70pphewt92.png

I wish posts like these would be stickied or featured.
  • Olderaan
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    My 135k DR team can handle T7 without any problems. DR has 317 speed, Badstila has 304. They fall on Malak. From the Drain Life ability I can see that Veers has 200k health points in Tier 7 + who knows how many protection...
    Kill order: Veers, Giedon, Operative, Piett and the rest.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I just found out an "easy" way to beat T7 with scoudrels but you need Cara Dune at least at G12 to give her T6 Mods. Put her under a Jango Lead and make her faster then Veers. Veers ist at 347 Speed so she must be moddet for 318 at least. Use her AOE to stun all enemys. If you missed someone restart.
    Then focus Piett until contract is triggert or he gets burned/dazed. This will prevent, that he wil get bonus tm due to empire allies gets damaged. Beware of his counters so better keep him stunlockled/dazed.

Desintigrate Veers first and then continue to work on Piett followed by Gideon.

Step 1: stun all
    ojwhx8dv0j8i.png

Step 2: focus on piett until payout is triggert
    fjji0rxe9jkn.png

Step 3: Desintegrate Veers
    k6qsd4a07hfc.png

Game over ....
    a5z5f6vqz75d.png

Edit:
    Most of this team have B/C-ware mods on them. Only Cara and Bossk where equipped with T6 Mods. Cara got my JML arena set for this run.

Jango (R3, 228 Speed), Bossk (R3, 278 Speed), Greef (R1, 284 Speed), Mando (R1, 255 Speed), Cara (R1, 339 Speed)

Post edited by GA_Phoenix on
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    This GC pretty clearly demonstrates why we need to be able to forfeit a match at any time, not just during your turn (certainly for PvE, arguably for PvP). Two of the heroes from the favoured faction, one of which is specifically called out by a feat, can set the game into a loop that's only limited by the 15 minute timer, which most players will force-quit to avoid. That's a pretty big pitfall, and should be fixed.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TuncBlack
    407 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Nute g11/zolo g12/ chewy r3/ jango r5/nest r3 (daze and burn, rest cooldown increase/stun)
    p44hnxgcw1bv.jpg
    c21zpx2r3y09.jpg
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I did it just for fun -
    h0piasq4zmj4.png
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • They hammered Mando and Cara for 13+ minutes like Luke in TLJ.
    R5 Bounty Hunters didn’t take a turn.
    Both scenarios were in t5.
    Absurd.
    Ooba hutar.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    They hammered Mando and Cara for 13+ minutes like Luke in TLJ.
    R5 Bounty Hunters didn’t take a turn.
    Both scenarios were in t5.
    Absurd.

Check your Mods. Jango hast to be Lead and at least at 318 Speed (excluding his lead). Put in Zolo to Stun Piet to prevent the Daze. It is doable if you can outrun the troopers and burn them all.
  • I just left mine running, over 1000 stacks!

@Kyno
    Another one for the CG Devs I think
    This is the Way
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021

"People" plural? I'm curious as to how many people you know have completed T7 and if there was any variety in squads? Also, what's the highest Tier you can do without Scoundrels?

WITHOUT scoundrels I was able to do t7 with Traya lead losing no one; even got the kill three in one turn feat.

With scoundrels my only idea is to get Nest really fast like someone else here did. But as my Nest is three srun guns from g12 and thus 6-dot mods, I'm not sure if that will work for me.