Galactic challenge

Replies

• Over 4 mil in damage in one dark saber hit, and 1100+ stacks of Emperors Trap. It was a loss, but also my greatest feat yet. Top it if you can, (and you can’t!)
    g1iwyy3j6ho8.png
  • I had an IT hit Nest for 5.5m. Didn't get a screencap of it, but someone else has one of a 5.6m hit in the strategy board
  • I beat T7 with Jango/Vet Han/Vet Chewie/OG Han/OG Chewie. R2/R3/R5/R6/R6, respectively. Need (lots of) speed on everyone.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Legend91 wrote: »
    lfejeamujfm8.png
    Fun fact: This is what a DR + BSF duo attempt at T7 looks like. Speed and control on the battlefield (fear, stun, stagger, daze, etc.) is king in GC's.

The real issue is the multiple common ways to get stuck in the endless loop
  • Grover
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Son of a! Fine. Mine will be the highest recorded hit.
    On this thread.
    So far.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    OK, my final post on this topic for now because this is just stupid ...

In my mind, a "Challenge" is something you can overcome. An "impossible wall" is not a "challenge". The "Challenge" may be very tough and maybe the thing to do to overcome it is spend lots of money, fine; that still counts as a "Challenge".

But if my r7 characters are being one-shot killed even before they have a turn, what am I supposed to do to overcome that?
    The fact that there are people that completed T7 with Scoundrels (and not even with r7, not with Beskar and his team) proves that it's a "Challenge" that can be overcome.

"People" plural? I'm curious as to how many people you know have completed T7 and if there was any variety in squads? Also, what's the highest Tier you can do without Scoundrels?

WITHOUT scoundrels I was able to do t7 with Traya lead losing no one; even got the kill three in one turn feat.

With scoundrels my only idea is to get Nest really fast like someone else here did. But as my Nest is three srun guns from g12 and thus 6-dot mods, I'm not sure if that will work for me.

You got lucky. Doesnt work for me either....

I just did it again, so it wasn't luck. Try it again, it will work if they all get fear from hitting Malak. Then your Drevan and Vader can take turns.

Ah you indicated traya lead but i didnt see you went with revan and others... i was trying the sith trio teams. DR allows for wins with or without traya
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Grover wrote: »
    Son of a! Fine. Mine will be the highest recorded hit.
    On this thread.
    So far.

Not even that I'm afraid. There's a 5.6m hit on page two of this thread from earlier today: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/240045/galactic-challenge/p2

Points for effort though.

Edit: missed you'd edited your post to specify this thread.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator

In my mind, a "Challenge" is something you can overcome. An "impossible wall" is not a "challenge". The "Challenge" may be very tough and maybe the thing to do to overcome it is spend lots of money, fine; that still counts as a "Challenge".

But if my r7 characters are being one-shot killed even before they have a turn, what am I supposed to do to overcome that?
    The fact that there are people that completed T7 with Scoundrels (and not even with r7, not with Beskar and his team) proves that it's a "Challenge" that can be overcome.

"People" plural? I'm curious as to how many people you know have completed T7 and if there was any variety in squads? Also, what's the highest Tier you can do without Scoundrels?

WITHOUT scoundrels I was able to do t7 with Traya lead losing no one; even got the kill three in one turn feat.

With scoundrels my only idea is to get Nest really fast like someone else here did. But as my Nest is three srun guns from g12 and thus 6-dot mods, I'm not sure if that will work for me.

I just did it again, so it wasn't luck. Try it again, it will work if they all get fear from hitting Malak. Then your Drevan and Vader can take turns.

Ah you indicated rraya pead but i didnt see you went with revan and others... i was trying the sith trio teams. DR allows for wins with or without traya

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned the whole team.

I didn't quite make it when I tried Drevan lead--made it down to two I think. Switching to Traya lead made it a breeze.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Ah you indicated rraya pead but i didnt see you went with revan and others... i was trying the sith trio teams. DR allows for wins with or without traya

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned the whole team.

I didn't quite make it when I tried Drevan lead--made it down to two I think. Switching to Traya lead made it a breeze.

Not sure why my post disappeared but yeah revan controlling the field helps a lot
  • Yeah, my world record case fell apart fast. But if I get specific enough, I can have eternal glory.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »
    I did it just for fun
    How did you manage that? I can't even get to 1200 stacks

The rest of my team died within a few seconds and i just went afk
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • This is ridiculous. With my strongest fully reliced 7 teams, I can't get the top tiers done. Heck I can barely get a turn. And my scoundrels? Fully reliced upc Jango lead, and modded to hell, can barely get a turn in at even teir 5. Even my guild mates are getting wiped out with relic 8 gls at the top tier. This is isn't a challenge. At this point just call it by its true name "Galactic Pay-to-Play"
  • This GC can go straight to hell. I've managed to crack a way to earn second best or best rewards (in terms of 6D+ slicing mats) every single GC until this one, and it's not even close. I've moved 150-180 speed mod sets, high offense mods sets, survivability mod sets, everything.
  • This is ridiculous. With my strongest fully reliced 7 teams, I can't get the top tiers done. Heck I can barely get a turn. And my scoundrels? Fully reliced upc Jango lead, and modded to hell, can barely get a turn in at even teir 5. Even my guild mates are getting wiped out with relic 8 gls at the top tier. This is isn't a challenge. At this point just call it by its true name "Galactic Pay-to-Play"
    Which teams? It is definitely doable at t7 with the right teams, modding and strategy.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    This GC can go straight to hell. I've managed to crack a way to earn second best or best rewards (in terms of 6D+ slicing mats) every single GC until this one, and it's not even close. I've moved 150-180 speed mod sets, high offense mods sets, survivability mod sets, everything.
    Who have you tried?
  • This GC is about control, which translates to speed and debuffs (namely daze [or burn under a Jango lead, what I used], stun, and ability block). If you don't have Cara for her mass Imperial stun, you need to find another way. I posted my team earlier, but I'll post it again - Jango/Vet Han/Vet Chewie/OG Han/OG Chewie.

You can shut down their TM train with burn, and control them with stuns and ability blocks from the Han/Chewie pairs.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    This is ridiculous. With my strongest fully reliced 7 teams, I can't get the top tiers done. Heck I can barely get a turn. And my scoundrels? Fully reliced upc Jango lead, and modded to hell, can barely get a turn in at even teir 5. Even my guild mates are getting wiped out with relic 8 gls at the top tier. This is isn't a challenge. At this point just call it by its true name "Galactic Pay-to-Play"

There's so much wrong with this post, I won't even start.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • When I was little my parents got a new computer. My older brother looked at it and said “wow, you’ll never need this much memory”. It was the late 80’s, pretty sure it was 256mb. There’s always a bigger fish. Lol
    Ooba hutar.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Our main goal for this feature is to provide more activities for players each day. We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim. Galactic Challenges are the first in a series of features (similar to how Grand Arena was the basis for Grand Arena Championships) that will work together to offer new ways to utilize your collection.”

Aka CG Logic: we want unbeatable events
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Our main goal for this feature is to provide more activities for players each day. We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim. Galactic Challenges are the first in a series of features (similar to how Grand Arena was the basis for Grand Arena Championships) that will work together to offer new ways to utilize your collection.”

People have peppered this thread with squad combos that can beat the event. So it’s not unbeatable.

People have peppered this thread with squad combos that can beat the event. So it’s not unbeatable.
    Kinda meant as a joke 😂 Though I still believe their main goal from that statement turned out pretty disappointing.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Kinda meant as a joke 😂 Though I still believe their main goal from that statement turned out pretty disappointing.

Would it be better if it was an autoable event like all others we consider non-events? At least this way everyone goes on their toes seeing how awful it looks at first, only to copycat the solvers advices a few hours later.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Would it be better if it was an autoable event like all others we consider non-events? At least this way everyone goes on their toes seeing how awful it looks at first, only to copycat the solvers advices a few hours later.

Nope but Mando feats doesn’t utilize our rosters. And we got simmable events. Again 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Still disappointed
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Well this topic is about everything but mando related things as those with mando easily went through non-mando part of the rewards.

Nope but Mando feats doesn’t utilize our rosters. And we got simmable events. Again 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Still disappointed
    Really? This whole thread is a whine train of people saying they can’t complete the scoundrel feats to earn second highest reward box. Sounds like people haven’t got a simmable event to me.

Still disappointed
    Really? This whole thread is a whine train of people saying they can’t complete the scoundrel feats to earn second highest reward box. Sounds like people haven’t got a simmable event to me.

This whole thread is people complaining about unescapable loops, obscene difficulty, and a few people calling all of them whiners for not enjoying the terrible design of this challenge.