Galactic challenge

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    This game is dead

The game? No the game is not dead. The dev’s understanding of their own game and @CG_Doja_Fett communication the last few weeks? Yeah...

Oh, you mean the last few weeks I specifically stated we would be gone for the holidays?
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Our main goal for this feature is to provide more activities for players each day. We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim. Galactic Challenges are the first in a series of features (similar to how Grand Arena was the basis for Grand Arena Championships) that will work together to offer new ways to utilize your collection.”

Aka CG Logic: we want unbeatable events
    People have peppered this thread with squad combos that can beat the event. So it’s not unbeatable.
    Kinda meant as a joke 😂 Though I still believe their main goal from that statement turned out pretty disappointing.

Would it be better if it was an autoable event like all others we consider non-events? At least this way everyone goes on their toes seeing how awful it looks at first, only to copycat the solvers advices a few hours later.

Nope but Mando feats doesn’t utilize our rosters. And we got simmable events. Again 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Still disappointed
    Really? This whole thread is a whine train of people saying they can’t complete the scoundrel feats to earn second highest reward box. Sounds like people haven’t got a simmable event to me.

I agree for once.over It seems impossible at first but with a lot of people trying there are a heap of combinations that work. Speed and control seem to be the key. Cara dune is great, jango lead helps, nute with extort, cls and his squad gaining tm and jkl with his speed control enables a lot ways to beat it but not sure getting stuck in a loop and having to restart is great.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Our main goal for this feature is to provide more activities for players each day. We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim. Galactic Challenges are the first in a series of features (similar to how Grand Arena was the basis for Grand Arena Championships) that will work together to offer new ways to utilize your collection.”

People have peppered this thread with squad combos that can beat the event. So it’s not unbeatable.
    Kinda meant as a joke 😂 Though I still believe their main goal from that statement turned out pretty disappointing.

Would it be better if it was an autoable event like all others we consider non-events? At least this way everyone goes on their toes seeing how awful it looks at first, only to copycat the solvers advices a few hours later.

Nope but Mando feats doesn’t utilize our rosters. And we got simmable events. Again 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Still disappointed
    Really? This whole thread is a whine train of people saying they can’t complete the scoundrel feats to earn second highest reward box. Sounds like people haven’t got a simmable event to me.

This whole thread is people complaining about unescapable loops, obscene difficulty, and a few people calling all of them whiners for not enjoying the terrible design of this challenge.
    But, in amongst all the whining, is people who have posted successful combinations.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Almost 12 hours later, for me it boils down to this ...

I don't expect to be able to complete T7. I understand that the top Tier of these events is, to use that over-used phrase, "end game content". Fine.
    T6 is, I would expect, where most people with a decent Reliced Scoundrel collection would be looking to compete and complete. Maybe have to move a few Mods around, try a few different teams, fine. But this is n event for Scoundrels, apparently, so if I have a decent Scoundrel collection then this is where I would expect to be.
    But there is no way that I should be taking a Reclied Squad into T5 and then watch unable to take a turn for 15 minutes of an infinite loop using the Scoundrel faction that this event is supposed to give "bonuses" to. That's just very bad play testing.
  • Saada wrote: »

Still disappointed

I agree for once.over It seems impossible at first but with a lot of people trying there are a heap of combinations that work. Speed and control seem to be the key. Cara dune is great, jango lead helps, nute with extort, cls and his squad gaining tm and jkl with his speed control enables a lot ways to beat it but not sure getting stuck in a loop and having to restart is great.
    The loop thing sucks, for sure.

But it bothers me that people are still coming here to complain about how impossible it is when successful teams have been posted.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    This game is dead

The game? No the game is not dead. The dev’s understanding of their own game and @CG_Doja_Fett communication the last few weeks? Yeah...

Oh, you mean the last few weeks I specifically stated we would be gone for the holidays?

He lives!
    Jk i think someone else pointed this out earlier in the thread too. Looking forward to hearing from you. I get why you've been gone for a couple weeks, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it lol.

Merry Christmas, happy new year, hope to see more posts in the near future
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »

Still disappointed

The loop thing sucks, for sure.

But it bothers me that people are still coming here to complain about how impossible it is when successful teams have been posted.

I agree. I searched reddit and found heaps of different combos that work (most posted here). It's a good challenge and requires thinking (lucky for me others did the thinking 😂). You just need to research and have decent mods or end game toons geared up to beat the final tier.
  • CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    520 posts EA Community Manager
    edited January 2021
    Stating something is poorly designed because you can't beat it is valid when there is no true solve. That's not the case here. It can be beaten. Several successful squads have been listed in this thread. Also, people might want to start discussing kill order as that may or may not make the task easier.

EDIT (to add this): Having said that, I understand the frustration of being caught in an infinite loop with no escape. I'll bark up some trees and see what (if anything) happens.

Overall, I'm curious to know how you feel about events such as this one that offer more of a puzzle challenge, versus a blunt approach?
  • Stenun wrote: »

I don't expect to be able to complete T7. I understand that the top Tier of these events is, to use that over-used phrase, "end game content". Fine.
    T6 is, I would expect, where most people with a decent Reliced Scoundrel collection would be looking to compete and complete. Maybe have to move a few Mods around, try a few different teams, fine. But this is n event for Scoundrels, apparently, so if I have a decent Scoundrel collection then this is where I would expect to be.
    But there is no way that I should be taking a Reclied Squad into T5 and then watch unable to take a turn for 15 minutes of an infinite loop using the Scoundrel faction that this event is supposed to give "bonuses" to. That's just very bad play testing.

Post your swgoh.gg - a few combos have been found that works. Let the community help you beat it.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Borat wrote: »
    wrong combination of scoundrels. Vet Chewie and Vet had don't have any TM manipulation in their kits, you need stun so you need to find those with stun and/or Daze. Ability block does nothing here (see Vet Han). Just like taking relic jedi like plo, mace and Ima into assault battles and expect to beat bonus tier or higher. Not going to happen even at r8.

Oh fine. So an infinite loop is fine because I chose the "wrong combination of scoundrels"?
    Infinite Loops are not the fault of bad design, then? It's my fault for choosing Scoundrels who have never caused an Infinite Loop before?
    So when it says "Bonuses for Scoundrels" it's only for Scoundrels on a pre-approved list?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »

wrong combination of scoundrels. Vet Chewie and Vet had don't have any TM manipulation in their kits, you need stun so you need to find those with stun and/or Daze. Ability block does nothing here (see Vet Han). Just like taking relic jedi like plo, mace and Ima into assault battles and expect to beat bonus tier or higher. Not going to happen even at r8.

Well that ain't true. Vet Han was also working great as a 5th in a JTR, R2, BB8, 3PO lineup that I successfully tested in T7 thanks to the aAoE ability block, stun on target and the staggers on his basic. Both Vet Han and Cara were great in the 5th slot.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • lx79hasggb9u.png
    Beat t7 with jango han chewy nest and g8 cara. Just put lots speed on nest an cara. Stun piett with hans shoot first an then go to town on them. Caras aoe will keep em all stunned. Beat jt without losing a single char
  • Stenun wrote: »

Oh fine. So an infinite loop is fine because I chose the "wrong combination of scoundrels"?
    Infinite Loops are not the fault of bad design, then? It's my fault for choosing Scoundrels who have never caused an Infinite Loop before?
    So when it says "Bonuses for Scoundrels" it's only for Scoundrels on a pre-approved list?
    Post your swgoh.gg so people can help you beat it.

Or do you just want to complain?
  • Stating something is poorly designed because you can't beat it is valid when there is no true solve. That's not the case here. It can be beaten. Several successful squads have been listed in this thread. Also, people might want to start discussing kill order as that may or may not make the task easier.

Overall, I'm curious to know how you feel about events such as this one that offer more of a puzzle challenge, versus a blunt approach?

My main frustration has two parts.

One you need particular characters (not inherently a bad thing, it's a collector game [but the beskar mando thing is terrible]) and you need some seriously good mods. I have the characters, but I simply don't have the mods, and requiring mods like that is extremely frustrating given that mods are a complete rng fest. I can't force speed rolls.

Two you've created an event where there is only one path to the best rewards, and when you've got a pay wall in beskar mando as a feat it makes the second highest reward crate have only 1 path.

So I can appreciate the strategy aspect, I've commented positively about other gcs, I think when you combine the things I mentioned it gets extremely frustrating. I get as a midgame player I'm not going to be able to get every gc highest crate, but the second highest really ought to be obtainable when I've got strong characters in the given faction.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »

as i said, wrong combination. The devs should not give the answer to every event. Trial and error. I failed miserable with full BHs, Tried GLs, used OG mando squad but failed until I got help from those who tried Jengo with nest, and various others for the scoundrel feat and JKL lead for the other feat (kill 3).

You're missing the point.
    I'm not complaining about not being able to complete T7 or anything. I'm complaining about the Infinite Loop and thus not even having a chance to complete it.
    The Infinite Loop is not the fault of the player for "wrong choice of Scoundrels", it's the fault of the Devs for not catching the Infinite Loop when play testing with the very faction the event is supposedly for.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Stating something is poorly designed because you can't beat it is valid when there is no true solve. That's not the case here. It can be beaten. Several successful squads have been listed in this thread. Also, people might want to start discussing kill order as that may or may not make the task easier.

EDIT (to add this): Having said that, I understand the frustration of being caught in an infinite loop with no escape. I'll bark up some trees and see what (if anything) happens.

I like the puzzle aspect, sometimes the design is weird and a fail, sometimes not. Imho keep working on this mindset and try to open up room for interesting usage instead of the usual bests of the game.
  • Stating something is poorly designed because you can't beat it is valid when there is no true solve. That's not the case here. It can be beaten. Several successful squads have been listed in this thread. Also, people might want to start discussing kill order as that may or may not make the task easier.

The challenge raid can be beaten, but it's poorly designed for the platform and tools provided.

Thank you for helping, I personally prefer the puzzles because I have a better chance at being able to do them.
  • Borat wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »

The challenge raid can be beaten, but it's poorly designed for the platform and tools provided.

do you mean galactic challenge? this is about that not the new pit raid.

I'm talking about poorly designed content

I like the puzzles. I like finding the key to beat them, and sometimes I like the loopholes (full team of Empire recently allowed you to use a non-Empire toon as the summoned unit could trick the game into thinking you used 5 Empire toons).

Whilst it only affected me on one attempt, the infinite loops on this event that directly affected some of the faction designed to be used was poor design. You can blame the players for not having the roster that beats it, or for choosing a team that won’t beat it, but it shouldn’t be this easy to pick a team that consigns your phone to 15 minutes of roflstomp
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »

I think it'd be best if we tackle each issue on their own terms instead of turning all threads to general complaint threads. Is this particular gc besides the loop problem badly designed? Imo it's not. It's one of those -know the right way- gcs and doable if you have the tools.