• Legend91 wrote: »
    Spend more

fixed it for you

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    by removing rewards you mean removing the extra from that paywall feat? sounds good to me since I have the opportunity to have red box more often?

0a38fa660db3ef781108a181704bbe9a.png

If they remove the feat, they'll reduce the rewards. I'm not sure why you don't understand.

that feat is just bad, what you can't understand about that? every X GC you earn less, if for 'compensation' they would reduce all rewards they would just shoot themselves in the foot.
    EA created this problem themselves. feats tied to gear/relic was edging, was removed, feats for factions are borderline.. they just test how big the uproar with paywall feats. stay strong people and articulate your critics

and just to add your argument of 'but they increased the frequency so I earn more anyway, stay silent'.. values matter, I'd preferred if they didn't make this move at all and we get the 'sim' update only instead of this questionable feat

I'm fine with both - because eventually I'll be able to "red box" the feat too.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Until the next paywall character comes in.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Yup, this precedent means it'll be the next thing before you know it in high likelihood. Since event toons aren't that often, they may bridge one onto another (this is a good scenario for some of us that are trying to grab it before too late), but they can even start jumping to marquee toons.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »

yes, this is what I'm saying for weeks, talking about values.
    this will create a bad precedent, unless EA somehow, magically changes its mind.
    you could argue it motivates you to farm mando (Beskar) but if they pull in New characters it will be bad. given how hard is the gear crunch nowadays with GL races and recently r8.
    it will hurt not just f2p players but a bigger majority of the playerbase. why would be a spender if your bought 'advantage' gets invalidated by random moves from EA time to time? think about it
    I’m not sure I follow this tbh.

Before they introduced the alternating Bando feats, when there was only 1 GC a week, players could earn a maximum of 20 of the new mod slicing material.

Now, with 2 GCs a week, players who didn’t spend / burn Crystal hoard to get Bando can earn 75% more of the mod slicing material. Players who did spend can earn 100% more.

Everyone gets more. Those who spent get even more. I don’t see how this is a new precedent?

this will create a bad precedent, unless EA somehow, magically changes its mind.
    you could argue it motivates you to farm mando (Beskar) but if they pull in New characters it will be bad. given how hard is the gear crunch nowadays with GL races and recently r8.
    it will hurt not just f2p players but a bigger majority of the playerbase. why would be a spender if your bought 'advantage' gets invalidated by random moves from EA time to time? think about it

Before they introduced the alternating Bando feats, when there was only 1 GC a week, players could earn a maximum of 20 of the new mod slicing material.

Now, with 2 GCs a week, players who didn’t spend / burn Crystal hoard to get Bando can earn 75% more of the mod slicing material. Players who did spend can earn 100% more.

Everyone gets more. Those who spent get even more. I don’t see how this is a new precedent?

Like all players aren't in competition with eachother and -getting more- is an isolated incidence...

Mando feats sets a precedent that's imo higly likely to be followed by X feats as new toons get released. I would be mighty surprised if it gets left at mando.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Like all players aren't in competition with eachother and -getting more- is an isolated incidence...

Mando feats sets a precedent that's imo higly likely to be followed by X feats as new toons get released. I would be mighty surprised if it gets left at mando.
    Probably, but if ftp are getting more than they did before, I don’t see what the problem is?
    I don't know how to explain this further so I give up, problem is encapsulated in your last sentences. they lock things behind paywall requirements. do you think this is okay? (you mix the two things together, I separate them)

regardless how much you spend in this game.
    were they forced to give this extra feat after increasing the frequency just to show they don't care about improvements and good communication? :|
    I guess it’s one of those agree to disagree scenarios.

They’ve made a change that gives everyone more and spenders a little more on top. Surely we all agree they have to provide some incentive for people to spend? Otherwise there’s no spending, which means no game.

Would you rather we all got less? Serious question.

I like the fact I can slice 7 6E to 6D every 2 weeks compared to 4 every 2 weeks before. The fact that spenders can slice 8 compared to my 7 just doesn’t bother me.

Probably, but if ftp are getting more than they did before, I don’t see what the problem is?

The problem might be...as expressed pages upon pages is always to be getting less due to a completely unthematical element introduced (excluded from the already existing faction requirements which is another wall)
    I don't know how to explain this further so I give up, problem is encapsulated in your last sentences. they lock things behind paywall requirements. do you think this is okay? (you mix the two things together, I separate them)

were they forced to give this extra feat after increasing the frequency just to show they don't care about improvements and good communication? :|

They’ve made a change that gives everyone more and spenders a little more on top. Surely we all agree they have to provide some incentive for people to spend? Otherwise there’s no spending, which means no game.

I like the fact I can slice 7 6E to 6D every 2 weeks compared to 4 every 2 weeks before. The fact that spenders can slice 8 compared to my 7 just doesn’t bother me.

Isn't what you get out of the spending=the toon itself and all usages of it across all modes not an incentive? One would think that was the case for 5 years game existed. Mando feats added an artifical -have/have not- checkbox on top of it.

Also the chests doesn't only involve the lowest mod mat, the disparity is 2x at the highest mat which everyone also needs for mods that didn't bump upto the purple.
    MaruMaru wrote: »

The problem might be...as expressed pages upon pages is always to be getting less due to a completely unthematical element introduced (excluded from the already existing faction requirements which is another wall)

The faction requirements have always been a wall, though, in multiple game modes. I don’t really see any problem with that. Events reward those with diverse and developed rosters more than those that don’t have that.

Other than the Bando feats, I think I’ve collected every other GC reward available - but if they had one that rewarded Tuskens or Phoenix I’d be in trouble, and that’s fair enough for me.

In the past, some of the paywalls have deprived of us early access to a new toon (JKR, DR, Malak, JKL). If their experiment is to still give us access to the toon but give us slightly less rewards, I personally am happy with that - though it’s pretty clear not everyone is.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

The faction requirements have always been a wall, though, in multiple game modes. I don’t really see any problem with that. Events reward those with diverse and developed rosters more than those that don’t have that.

Other than the Bando feats, I think I’ve collected every other GC reward available - but if they had one that rewarded Tuskens or Phoenix I’d be in trouble, and that’s fair enough for me.

In the past, some of the paywalls have deprived of us early access to a new toon (JKR, DR, Malak, JKL). If their experiment is to still give us access to the toon but give us slightly less rewards, I personally am happy with that - though it’s pretty clear not everyone is.

Yes, that's the heart of the matter for me as well. Rewarding wide investment/well developed roster=give it to me, put a "have/have not checkbox"=lazy design. On your other examples, I have no problem with those as the reward for them for having the prerequisites is the toon itself. Then the toon becomes the tool which you achieve various things in the gameplay.
  • Sorry if it was said before, didn't read rthe 28 pages Oo

I don't see a problem with Mando feat. The only issue is the uncertainty.

If I knew for sure that half of GC would require Mando Beskar from now on, unlocking and gearing the Masked Gunslinger would be a strategic choice, and more meaningful choices are always good imo.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Sorry if it was said before, didn't read rthe 28 pages Oo

If I knew for sure that half of GC would require Mando Beskar from now on, unlocking and gearing the Masked Gunslinger would be a strategic choice, and more meaningful choices are always good imo.

Just like you never know with any of the rush unlocks, you won't know about this either. That's how cg has always driven sales.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Sorry if it was said before, didn't read rthe 28 pages Oo

Just like you never know with any of the rush unlocks, you won't know about this either. That's how cg has always driven sales.

Not sure about that. We know which teams are needed for assault battles, we know we ones we need for challenges, it's not unlikely that GC may be linked via a 4 per month feat to Iron Mando. Not mandatory, because it could be just a january bonus for those paying crystals to speed up the unlock and more importantly, because they do as they please, but still, not unlikely.
  • Yes, that's what I mean. It can either mean this goes away at the end of january or keep linked for months. They have enough incentive to not tell us either way so you keep rushing to mando...only to be replaced by the next thing. Anyway I would welcome it if they want to tell us ofc, just not betting my horses on that.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

It's not a paywall, I have 60k crystals and could have used them to have MBA by now if I wanted.

With that said, this game has *always* given spenders an early advantage. It's so funny to me how people keep being shocked by it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    as you think, if you like this idea. it is not shock just calling them out when doing something wrong

forum logic

facts = defending
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    In the past spenders just got a character from spending. Kinda boring. Only outcome making that spending fell worthwhile was after they release 5 chasing that timeframe then they would attach an even that requires all 5 to get the intended 6th character. Only advantage spenders got was they didn’t need to panic farm. If you are good with crystal hoarding you could spend some in shipments to get some shards while farming the rest and usually just make it in time for the event drop.
    This is a different way to promote a new character and show. Rewarding spenders and hoarders who purchased the set required characters. Not to upset anyone (hahah) the increased the frequency to off set the requirements so people didn’t lose any rewards.
    I think the problem (beside lack of communication) is people assumed we would be getting x2 rewards a week and had a bad (mad) surprise when they put in mando feat.
    Do I think it’s sneaky, not at all. They need to make money and they are testing the waters and promoting a show while at the same time giving people who spend or hoard management better a slight gift. Since they don’t celebrate Xmas in the Star Wars universe after all.

Point id like to make.... is this is relative to the individual only not universal teuth

You really arent getting more. You are getting the oppertunity at more.

Example:
    Week1
    GC1 = resistance with beskar mando feat
    GC2 = first order with no mando feat.

Well if player X only has resistance built up and has garbage FO.... they are being limited by GC1 rewards and are not getting a similar shot with GC2.

If GC2 was the same as GC1 without mando, youd be 100% correct.

However unless you have all your roster built, this GC style is a potential limit to players just as much as its a potential bonus to players. Depends on your roster and how much you have invested into each faction.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Point id like to make.... is this is relative to the individual only not universal teuth

You really arent getting more. You are getting the oppertunity at more.

Example:
    Week1
    GC1 = resistance with beskar mando feat
    GC2 = first order with no mando feat.

Well if player X only has resistance built up and has garbage FO.... they are being limited by GC1 rewards and are not getting a similar shot with GC2.

If GC2 was the same as GC1 without mando, youd be 100% correct.

However unless you have all your roster built, this GC style is a potential limit to players just as much as its a potential bonus to players. Depends on your roster and how much you have invested into each faction.

With the factions being on rotation, over time this should offset. If it doesn’t, then the point completely stands.

how many ppl are spending for GC feats? Really? How many ppl went "ooh i better drop $50+ bucks to unlock Mando for this GC feat so I get the red box!" Ppl who have beskar mando unlocked, got him not because of GC. That's a very safe assumption to make.
This discussion has been closed.