The High Republic

Replies

• A Jedi wookie

Right? Do want.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I'd say that the high republic is pretty low priority right now for CG. Even when the series first shows up, I doubt we'll see anything in game at the start of it. Even for Mandalorian, we only have characters from season 1 that were released during season 2.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I'd say that the high republic is pretty low priority right now for CG. Even when the series first shows up, I doubt we'll see anything in game at the start of it. Even for Mandalorian, we only have characters from season 1 that were released during season 2.

I think at this moment, it mostly depends on how big Disney wants to go on promotion. If the Mouse thinks cross-promotion is in order and we should get Bell Zettifar, we are getting Bell Zettifar, space doggo and all, whether CG likes it or not.
  • Problem is, being a comic/book I dont think its going to be popular enough to come in game. Maybe if it ever hits the screen?

Also with this, and as someone else has also pointed out, theres way too many shows coming up that CG will capitalize on. Only way I see High Republic coming, and its a strecth, is with the Acolyte show
  • i sure hope we dont see any high republic chars in the game for some time. the high republic doesnt seem like it was designed for entertainment and follows in the sequel trilogy steps about caring about pushing agenda more than telling good stories.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    i sure hope we dont see any high republic chars in the game for some time. the high republic doesnt seem like it was designed for entertainment and follows in the sequel trilogy steps about caring about pushing agenda more than telling good stories.

Evidence?

From what I’ve seen so far, Star Wars’ best novelists got together and tried to put together a cohesive story about a fun new era. I understand dislike for the sequels, but deciding that the High Republic will be the same before reading it shows me that people are simply opposed to the idea of Star Wars content that doesn’t fit their view
  • pushing agenda

They always tell on themselves eventually... 🙄
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    72rz98pbejov.jpeg

I submit evidence.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    0kl425e7cgs3.jpg

• Eutus
    232 posts Member
    High Republic could end up being really great. But the initial offering is definitely from the same camp who gave us the last jedi, not the guys giving us mando. Funny how they always seem to tell on themselves.

If you're into it cool. But it's being done by people who in my opinion lack creativity. Look at their board, "diversity" doesnt mean interesting aliens with fleshed out background and locals we haven't been to. It means progressive social activism. Not pro war in star wars? I mean it's in the name you goods. Dinosaurs? We have rancors... I guess itd be cool to see one fight a trex ... with a lightsaber? Speaking of since when can lightsabers just stop cutting through things .....
  • Eutus wrote: »
    But the initial offering is definitely from the same camp who gave us the last jedi, not the guys giving us mando.

Oh, honey, you're in for a real let down......... You sweet, summer edgelord....
  • Eutus wrote: »
    0kl425e7cgs3.jpg

What's this supposed to be evidence of, anyway? A dangerous liberal plot to promote not climbing trees?
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Eutus wrote: »
    0kl425e7cgs3.jpg

What's this supposed to be evidence of, anyway? A dangerous liberal plot to promote not climbing trees?

I think it has to do with the fact that the lightsaber got stuck.
  • Please no... I don't want the game being infected by "Star Woke : The Karen Republic"....
    0kl425e7cgs3.jpg

The space laser sword didn't act like a real space laser sword?
    Daerovius wrote: »
    Please no... I don't want the game being infected by "Star Woke : The Karen Republic"....
    You have no idea what a Karen is. Go away.
  • I’ve already read the first book. It’s kinda meh. Not as good as old republic stories.
    NicWester wrote: »
    0kl425e7cgs3.jpg

Please no... I don't want the game being infected by "Star Woke : The Karen Republic"....

I you cant phatom the concept of internal consistency then good for you being able to enjoy intelectually deprived content, but most people lack the ability of shut down their brains. Theres a difference between asking for the suspension of disbelief when establishing the rules of your fantasy landscape and to ask for it when you apply them, but then again thats supposed to be so obvious that I cant believe some people still need it to be explained for them.
    NicWester wrote: »
    0kl425e7cgs3.jpg

I you cant phatom the concept of internal consistency then good for you being able to enjoy intelectually deprived content, but most people lack the ability of shut down their brains. Theres a difference between asking for the suspension of disbelief when establishing the rules of your fantasy landscape and to ask for it when you apply them, but then again thats supposed to be so obvious that I cant believe some people still need it to be explained for them.

They change what the force is, what it does, how it works, and how non-force users interact with it in literally every movie--even the originals--and book--even legends EU ones--and tv series. Don't act like this is some abomination.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Still better than helicopter lightsabers.
  • DarthAsajj wrote: »
    I doubt it will spark a lot of interest. It was quite frustrating for me when KOTOR characters came out. I understand that the game is wildly popular among SWGOH players, so it made total sense, but it's really not as fun to farm for characters you don't know.
    I suspect the portion of players who will read the books is insignificant. It would make more sense to focus on characters in the movies and TV shows.
    @DarthAsajj
    So play the game and learn the characters?

KOTOR was one of the best games of all time. You can get it on mobile now for $9.99, no PC needed.
  • Sithlords_Inc
    384 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Nauros wrote: »
    Still better than helicopter lightsabers.

Probably, lol 😅
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    @DarthAsajj
    So play the game and learn the characters?

KOTOR was one of the best games of all time. You can get it on mobile now for $9.99, no PC needed.

I did try to play it, on my computer with a keyboard, but... it was just impossible to move the character around. Took me ages just to manage to get out the first room and across the corridor, I I kept running into walls??? This never happened with another game, I don't know how this can be so bad. So I gave up :/
    And I have other games I want to play more now anyway.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    i also wanted to start KOTOR on PC but i didnt enjoy because of their real old mechanics. so sad the KOTOR Remake was stopped :(
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

If anyone I meet wants to know which side of the Star Wars fan base (because apparently there are sides now) is the side producing the toxicity, I could easily point to this page to prove who exactly that is.

If you want a longer version: Notice how most threads about “Kathleen Kennedy” Star Wars are meant to hate on it. To say that that material is bad, and that you should not like it. That it should not be allowed in the game. That it should be removed from canon. That Star Wars fans who enjoy that material are not true Star Wars fans. That is not okay. You can prove that your Star Wars is better, you can prove that there is less creativity, but that will never make trashing other peoples Star Wars okay.

Now that I’ve said that, I’ll get to the actual argument: Being anti-war in Star Wars provides a great perspective and story. It’s something that was explored in TCW quite a bit because Filoni understands why that’s important. The lightsaber jamming in the tree is a mistake with the mechanics, but it’s an attempt to be more creative. It’s unfortunate, but I wouldn’t say that The High Republic writers had a lack of creativity.
  • its nice to see other star wars fans aware of the demise of high republic and not buying into the garbage they agenda driven authors had in this venture. payback for devaluing star wars is something that takes time but eventually just like Ubisoft we star wars fans get our day to celebrate a valid pushback against a agenda that has no place in the star wars universe. we want the force not some agenda from our human realm. star wars is a galaxy far far away and some of these authors are trying to make it this world and galaxy when it is not and never will be
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

On what basis are you calling THR woke / karen?
  • Daerovius wrote: »

Woke and Karen don't seem particularly compatible to me...do you know the meaning of the words you're saying?
  • Meh.. the story isn't good imo but if people like.it I guess they're entitled 🤷

I personally have no interest in playing these particular characters or even seeing them.in game really. I don't think they have wide appeal but I guess that could wrong. I'm sure the companies are tracking the popularity far closer than I can so we'll see.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    its nice to see other star wars fans aware of the demise of high republic and not buying into the garbage they agenda driven authors had in this venture. payback for devaluing star wars is something that takes time but eventually just like Ubisoft we star wars fans get our day to celebrate a valid pushback against a agenda that has no place in the star wars universe. we want the force not some agenda from our human realm. star wars is a galaxy far far away and some of these authors are trying to make it this world and galaxy when it is not and never will be

Maybe instead of planning some revenge scheme on “Karen’s Star Wars,” you could just accept that Star Wars has different things for different people. Read Legends novels if you like “the Force.” Or accept the world is changing. Either way, it seems to me that you missed a lot of basic lessons about revenge and respect.