Royal Guard Placement

So I am currently working on SEE and have just relic'd up my Royal Guard to 3. My question is what squad should I put him in. I know he's not a great endgame character but I hate having a relic character on my roster that is not being used since I only have a handful of them.

Replies

• Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I was recently looking over the entire Empire faction with the introduction of Piett & Gideon we have 20 total characters.

10 of them qualify as "Troopers" and he isn't a trooper so you don't want him in with them.

Many people used him w/ Palp/Vader in the early levels so he can always go back there.

Otherwise the "4th" Empire squad with Krennic might be a place for him if you actually have all empire.

Using my own roster I'd stick him w/ Palp since my TIE is only G11 & I don't have any of those "4th team" characters.

Another option would be to split up Vader/Palp since both have leadership effecting Empire & Sith & mix all the relic'd characters into 2 teams.
  • Tbh, you can throw him in with empire but usually if it's a team that empire can beat, he just isn't needed and you can just underdog it. If it's going to be a struggle, there are far more useful choices.

There's also the option of putting him under krennic with some random leftovers that you also had to relic. I have a team like that saved if things go wrong. It can take out a c or d team. Or one that is undergeared on defense.

I've used him under ep in geo tb. Though he doesn't add much. But in the first 3 waves you can usually go 4 for 4 anyway. He fills a slot and takes some of the dmg. Unfortunately it depends a lot on rng since it is difficult to get him to taunt unless one of your characters is critical. So far it hasn't saved me.
  • Load him up with tenacity and put him on a Gar Saxon lead team with ISC, Storm, and Tarkin.

I use that on defense in GAC and it steals banners away even if it doesn’t usually hold.
  • Mine is only G8 right now, but am building him up. Have him sitting as 5th in my Traya-Sion-Nihilus team, which I am also building up for countering Geos.
  • That's an interesting idea. I might try that in Grand Arena to help absorb some of the blows from Geos.
    KuroNeko wrote: »
    Mine is only G8 right now, but am building him up. Have him sitting as 5th in my Traya-Sion-Nihilus team, which I am also building up for countering Geos.

• That's what I was kind of thinking to put him with Emperor and Vader. I have my Krennic sitting at level 1, Seven stars. So I might try out royal guard with him when I relic Krennic up.
    I was recently looking over the entire Empire faction with the introduction of Piett & Gideon we have 20 total characters.

10 of them qualify as "Troopers" and he isn't a trooper so you don't want him in with them.

Many people used him w/ Palp/Vader in the early levels so he can always go back there.

Otherwise the "4th" Empire squad with Krennic might be a place for him if you actually have all empire.

Using my own roster I'd stick him w/ Palp since my TIE is only G11 & I don't have any of those "4th team" characters.

Another option would be to split up Vader/Palp since both have leadership effecting Empire & Sith & mix all the relic'd characters into 2 teams.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ships?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • That's an interesting idea. I might try that in Grand Arena to help absorb some of the blows from Geos.
    KuroNeko wrote: »
    Mine is only G8 right now, but am building him up. Have him sitting as 5th in my Traya-Sion-Nihilus team, which I am also building up for countering Geos.

Yeah, agreed, the "passive" taunt means it should go off even if he gets Ability Blocked by Poggle.
    And it would go off more often the more the team takes damage so not a bad option.
    Part of the buffs won't land on Sith but that's pretty minor over all.
  • Load him up with tenacity and put him on a Gar Saxon lead team with ISC, Storm, and Tarkin.

I use that on defense in GAC and it steals banners away even if it doesn’t usually hold.

Nice to see someone else is a Surprise Gar disciple. It's a good team.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.