OPINION: The Mandalorian Series has become bad and cringe.

2Next

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    The problem is not that there is fan service in the show. The fan service is epic. The problem is that the show has become only fan service. The plot and character development are beginning to suffer because of it. I’m slowly beginning to realize that that might not affect the audience though, so... eh. If you want artistic style Star Wars, I suggest TLJ or the novels.

But I think the Mandalorian could benefit from more episodes like The Believer.

• Who said Bib Fortuna died? He just took over when Jabba failed to come back from his sail barge and likely just sat there until Boba came back. And the whole Boba surviving thing was in Legends for awhile so dunno why you’re complaining...

As for why Luke came, I think you ought to rewatch some of the episodes to see why if you don’t know.
    Rewatch ROTJ. He was on the sail barge when it exploded. Everyone on board was killed.

Somehow the writers managed to miss it, but hey who cares about cannon anyways? Disney can just make up whatever they want with almost no consequences.

• Nihion wrote: »
    If you want artistic style Star Wars, I suggest TLJ or the novels

wdym when you say artistic style?

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    If you want artistic style Star Wars, I suggest TLJ or the novels

wdym when you say artistic style?

Star Wars that adheres strongly to complex themes and intricate character work.
  • Who said Bib Fortuna died? He just took over when Jabba failed to come back from his sail barge and likely just sat there until Boba came back. And the whole Boba surviving thing was in Legends for awhile so dunno why you’re complaining...

As for why Luke came, I think you ought to rewatch some of the episodes to see why if you don’t know.
    Rewatch ROTJ. He was on the sail barge when it exploded. Everyone on board was killed.

Somehow the writers managed to miss it, but hey who cares about cannon anyways? Disney can just make up whatever they want with almost no consequences.
    How do you know everyone was killed?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    The whole thing exploded
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    wjz31hf2rxk1.png
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Who said Bib Fortuna died? He just took over when Jabba failed to come back from his sail barge and likely just sat there until Boba came back. And the whole Boba surviving thing was in Legends for awhile so dunno why you’re complaining...

How do you know everyone was killed?

There's this weird strain of movie fan that insists if you don't see an autopsy it didn't happen.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    wjz31hf2rxk1.png
    Ah. So it’s an inference, rather than knowledge.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    wjz31hf2rxk1.png

Ok, so pretty much everyone is still alive then. 9 movies and no one died.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    wjz31hf2rxk1.png

Ok, so pretty much everyone is still alive then. 9 movies and no one died.
    Is that the best retort you’ve got?

A barge that was a short height above sand was subject to a series of explosions. Is it really that hard to believe that some of the barge occupants managed to leap to safety?
  • There were imperial survivors of the Death Star too... and we just saw a massive explosion at the end of Episode 4. If a space station explodes and there are survivors surely there’d be survivors on a barge floating a few meters above soft sand
  • So how to we know if anyone truely dies then? Is Han Solo dead? He fell down a hole like others who have survived. Is Ben Solo still alive? We never saw his ghost so maybe he just took over a different body like Palpatine? Luke could still be alive. He could have just Force Teleported somewhere else. This is a fun game!
    So how to we know if anyone truely dies then? Is Han Solo dead? He fell down a hole like others who have survived. Is Ben Solo still alive? We never saw his ghost so maybe he just took over a different body like Palpatine? Luke could still be alive. He could have just Force Teleported somewhere else. This is a fun game!

In a universe where people have magical powers, laser swords and ships can travel faster than the speed of light, it seems a stretch to say that when a barge was obviously doomed, some of the passengers didn’t have the basic self-preservation instincts to jump off before it blew up.
    So how to we know if anyone truely dies then? Is Han Solo dead? He fell down a hole like others who have survived. Is Ben Solo still alive? We never saw his ghost so maybe he just took over a different body like Palpatine? Luke could still be alive. He could have just Force Teleported somewhere else. This is a fun game!

If I could facepalm even harder my hand would be through my head.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    We don’t know if anyone died, you know why? Because this is a movie franchise we’re talking about. There are no rules. Arguing over logistics is pointless and unnecessary. (This being said, character motives and story arcs always outrank the actual in-universe physics and laws. A good explanation and synthesis of all of these factors is epic, but rare.)

Besides that, Bib Fortuna surviving is not unreasonable. If you think he should be dead, and if that actually hurts your ability to enjoy the Mandalorian, then you should hate every Clone Wars episode containing Maul too.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    "There are no rules" is terrible storytelling.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

https://youtu.be/dlcyUXIAEJQ

Here you go @LordDirt - If you can tell me for certain the BF was still on the barge when it exploded, I’d love to know how. Plenty time for him to have snuck off, as he’s not visible in any shot in this sequence.
  • Like I said before, just like in the comics, no one is truly dead in SW anymore.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    "There are no rules" is terrible storytelling.

That’s why I edited my post.
  • https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-consumer/george-lucas-charts-private-universe-3956499.amp

George Lucas said science has little connection with the universe he invented for the films. He is quoted as saying: "We look at it as a different dimension. The laws of physics are different here."
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-consumer/george-lucas-charts-private-universe-3956499.amp

George Lucas said science has little connection with the universe he invented for the films. He is quoted as saying: "We look at it as a different dimension. The laws of physics are different here."

Cant wait for helicopter lightsabers to come to a live action show or movie.
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-consumer/george-lucas-charts-private-universe-3956499.amp

Cant wait for helicopter lightsabers to come to a live action show or movie.

That would be a pretty far way down the list of fantastical things they've already done in live action.

If you have a problem with suspension of disbelief, maybe this isn't the franchise for you.