QoL updates for 2021

Prev13
In the state of the galaxy from December 2020, we were told there are going to be QoL updates coming to the game (finally!). Assuming they actually keep their word, what are some of the big updates you want to see?

Personally the biggest for me are fleet management, better guild officer tools, and better mod management. Those three to me need to happen sooner rather than later.

Anyone else got some good ones?

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    [...]Assuming they actually keep their word[...]

Anyone else got some good ones?

Sorry, that one's already too good.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Just an FYI, it's not completely off the table, but apparently fleet management, is not at as simple as it was for squads.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Just an FYI, it's not completely off the table, but apparently fleet management, is not at as simple as it was for squads.

Let me guess, it's not free.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I am not a programmer, so I don't know what goes into it; but I'm finding it extremely difficult to understand how implementing fleet squads can be that hard. I just can't...it boggles the mind.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Everything is free, didnt you know?
    el_mago wrote: »
    I am not a programmer, so I don't know what goes into it; but I'm finding it extremely difficult to understand how implementing fleet squads can be that hard. I just can't...it boggles the mind.

Become a programmer and you will have a better understanding.

I believe it was based in how tags are used on ships and how they are handled in that management, but that's a different conversation and I just wanted to share that information I had.
  • My never answered Q&A questions when Q&As were still a thing.

1) Can the ingame chat let us know when a Raid's phase 4 is completed? It already says when the first three phases are complete. Why not phase 4?

2) On the character inventory page, a player may select a filter to show Rebels, Empire, First Order etc. That being said, more and more characters have multiple tags these days. While I can select Separatists OR Droids, I cannot select Separatists AND Droids. Do you think being able to select multiple tags would make for a good QOL update?

3) About double drops. I want to be clear, I am not complaining about them. Anytime you want to give away free stuff, I am all for it. That being said, would it be feasible to give a 100% drop rate instead of giving double drops? It does leave a semi bad taste in your mouth when you spend 100 crystals on a cantina refresh, for example and get zero drops of whatever you are farming. Two times zero still equals zero after all.

4) You recently removed the 4 dot mods from the mod store. Kudos!!! Can the 3 dot mods be removed from tier III of the mod challenges? They serve no purpose whatsoever.

5) Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim ALL battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in? Over a year ago, you said you were going to take a "holistic approach to time-saving" but since then, you have made these battles take even more time by adding additional tiers to the events. Can you please explain the contradiction?

6) Over a year ago, you said that fleet "squads" were on your QOL wishlist. Ever since then, people have been asking for them during every Q&A. Now with 8 capital ships, the need is even greater. Will we ever be able to save our fleets just like we do with squads?

7) In TB, is there a way to find out what GP was deployed? All we have now is a global number, but we have no way of knowing within the game if the deployed GP is from ships or troops.
  • I'd like to see a different colour bookmark in the various stores showing gear needed above your current gear level for characters you bookmarked.
  • Moving tabs in squad management
  • 1. Fleet squad management.

2. Better mod management

3. Sim for easy tiers of assualt battles and other events

4. Easing of the gear crunch

But considering that we haven't had a qol in years, I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • Roster-level and squad-level loadouts for mods.

Battle logs for TW, similar to what we got for GAC would work. But even a text log would be fine with me.

TB officer tools. I believe there is a whole thread on suggestions for this.
  • Crystal income from rank 250+ in fleet
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • +
    1. Fleet squad management.

2. Better mod management

3. Sim for easy tiers of assualt battles and other events

4. Easing of the gear crunch

But considering that we haven't had a qol in years, I wouldn't hold my breath.

My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • - Make assault battle like GC, when you complete a tier, give the rewards for the lower tiers.
    - Roster wide load out for mods.

There is so much more like TB and TW tools that have been mentioned in the previous post, but if fleet squad is too complicated to do I’m not holding my breath.

Geez that sounds pretty bad. It really looks like they have no programmers working there anymore, just guys that barely knows how to code, and all they can do is copy/paste old stuff and do minor changes (GC, new Pit, new toon).

I don’t want to be mean and all, but it’s really what comes to mind after reading your reply 🤣😇

• Allowing retreat and retry in Territory Battles

Fleet squad management.

They brought in Carrie to complete ships when they stalled previously. Maybe they need to bring in someone else again.
  • I made in account just to reply to this thread.

CG give a QOL update? They broke the music for pete's sake.

They just brought the Dev Tracker Back after it sat collecting dust for 2-3 years. Guess what it's doing this time around???... collecting dust again.

They haven't done diddly squat with ships, and setting fleet squads up is a big ask?

Our new raid? was a reskinned rancor... so much for a death star run fleet raid. WOW they really did some good work here!!!

To ask for a QOL update is an unfounded precident we would be setting here. THEY SIMPLY DON"T.

you know what they were able to do? POP UPS!!! whoot whoot you go guys!

The new daily content they gave us? Is a bi-weekly 3 day event. it's daily because they stretched it out to ridiculous lengths... theyre literally genius level con artists. That's not an insult because it's what they're doing, conning us who play into thinking something big is right around the corner...

can't wait for the QOL super hyperdrive bundle.

I am not a programmer, so I don't know what goes into it; but I'm finding it extremely difficult to understand how implementing fleet squads can be that hard. I just can't...it boggles the mind.

I believe it was based in how tags are used on ships and how they are handled in that management, but that's a different conversation and I just wanted to share that information I had.

Sounds more like, hire a better programmer which build games correctly from the start and not with limited scope. If there are many other mobile games which offer similar capability, it’s not a matter of if it can be done but do they want to spend the money to get it fixed.
  • I would love an update like the one for double shards, but with gear. Not necessarily double drops, but something that would ease the gear crunch. Maybe it's adding Mk5 stun guns and other high-demand gear to challenges, or maybe it's dramatically increasing the drop rate of gear.

It would be awesome if they did something to ease the gear crunch. We all love the shard update, and a gear update would be incredible.
  • you know what they were able to do? POP UPS!!! whoot whoot you go guys!

can't wait for the QOL super hyperdrive bundle.

Them pop ups looks like a 15yo in paint designed some of them to 😂
  • But considering that we haven't had a qol in years, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I do agree with your QOL updates, alot of them are ones that I want as well. However, there is no need to exaggerate. While it may FEEL like years, the last major QOL update was in 2019. Technically speaking, it will be two years on March 2019.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/197857/version-update-3-13-quality-of-life
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LeeB wrote: »

Sounds more like, hire a better programmer which build games correctly from the start and not with limited scope. If there are many other mobile games which offer similar capability, it’s not a matter of if it can be done but do they want to spend the money to get it fixed.

That great hindsight, any other past you can explain on how to do better years later.......

Well yes in any business it's always going to ba balance of what can be done in how much time and how much will it cost. Nothing is impossible, but things can definitely cost too much time or money.
  • If this year's ocean is as big as the last then there's no way they will ever have time to work on QoL
    th?id=OGC.97663e0ca52abdf421999c121183a7ce&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f1zgRa8LHFJx0RNdH0D%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=8Th1zH8UcmQvgrUcX2uK8%2fFWGYexw9200VpiYnKLHa4%3d

• Wolfcast1e wrote: »

Geez that sounds pretty bad. It really looks like they have no programmers working there anymore, just guys that barely knows how to code, and all they can do is copy/paste old stuff and do minor changes (GC, new Pit, new toon).

I don’t want to be mean and all, but it’s really what comes to mind after reading your reply 🤣😇

It's not really mean, it's the truth lol. Just think about all the things that they've tried to do and run into "technical issues".

- Not being able to double bronzium drops
    - Galactic Challenges only happening 3 days a week and not being every day like advertised
    - Not being able to scavenge every gear piece in the scavenger (a tech issue that magically resolved itself as soon as they needed a new scavenger piece for relic 8)
    - Not being able to use the neutral tag
  • Can you add a confirm prompt before GAC Join lock-in yet? This is so basic, I can’t imagine it should take over half a year, but here we are...
  • But considering that we haven't had a qol in years, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I do agree with your QOL updates, alot of them are ones that I want as well. However, there is no need to exaggerate. While it may FEEL like years, the last major QOL update was in 2019. Technically speaking, it will be two years on March 2019.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/197857/version-update-3-13-quality-of-life

Since it's been almost two years. The term years is pretty accurate.

That great hindsight, any other past you can explain on how to do better years later.......

Well yes in any business it's always going to ba balance of what can be done in how much time and how much will it cost. Nothing is impossible, but things can definitely cost too much time or money.

When a game grosses over a billion dollars in 5 years, I believe they have the income to make the game more manageable for their players.
    That’s just me though
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

When a game grosses over a billion dollars in 5 years, I believe they have the income to make the game more manageable for their players.
    That’s just me though

Completely agree. And considering we got nothing as far as qol updates in 2020, we need a massive qol. Not just a few cheap little things.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

That’s just me though

100%. But that doesnt mean that everything on "the list" will or even can get done in the lifetime of the game. So it will always be a balance of benefit vs time and money.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

For that answer, you must pay!