The difficulty of galactic challenges

So aside from the new reward distribution setup did the difficulty of the galactic challenges events increase? It seems like ever since they edited how we recieve the rewards I havent been able to clear the higher level tiers that reward the new mod slicing materials which I never had an issue with before. My strongest squads are being flat out slaughtered within a few turns and this wasn't occurring when the events were first introduced. Now ever since the update I havent been able to clear much of the events to the point where I dont even bother trying anymore. A vast majority of my squads are relic 4 to 5 and a few at 7 all maxed out with mods sliced to 6 dot and some sliced further before the update and even then I dont stand a chance.

Replies

• I guess it depends on what you mean by difficulty, but yeah they seem a bit different re: strategy required. For instance, the latest one required stunning Piett with Han and getting an AOE daze off before Veers started the turn meter gains with his AOE. A fast g12 Nest worked for me, so gear/relic level isn't the only requirement.

I can usually find someone posting a strategy here or on reddit that I can make work.
  • If you’re reading the modifiers, adjusting mods and team comp accordingly you shouldn’t have much of an issue past the first few tries. You’ll get wrecked a few times but once you see how it works you shouldn’t.
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    So aside from the new reward distribution setup did the difficulty of the galactic challenges events increase? It seems like ever since they edited how we recieve the rewards I havent been able to clear the higher level tiers that reward the new mod slicing materials which I never had an issue with before. My strongest squads are being flat out slaughtered within a few turns and this wasn't occurring when the events were first introduced. Now ever since the update I havent been able to clear much of the events to the point where I dont even bother trying anymore. A vast majority of my squads are relic 4 to 5 and a few at 7 all maxed out with mods sliced to 6 dot and some sliced further before the update and even then I dont stand a chance.

Share your swgoh.gg, then we can help you beat the current event
  • Well, the good news is you don't have to completely beat the last tier to get the final box.
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    My strongest squads are being flat out slaughtered within a few turns and this wasn't occurring when the events were first introduced. Now ever since the update I havent been able to clear much of the events to the point where I dont even bother trying anymore. A vast majority of my squads are relic 4 to 5 and a few at 7 all maxed out with mods sliced to 6 dot and some sliced further before the update and even then I dont stand a chance.
    I only have three factions with more than a couple of toons above r3 and yet I somehow manage to get the max rewards possible without Beskar Mando each Galactic Challenge. Guess I must be even more awesome than I thought! :D
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    My strongest squads are being flat out slaughtered within a few turns and this wasn't occurring when the events were first introduced. Now ever since the update I havent been able to clear much of the events to the point where I dont even bother trying anymore. A vast majority of my squads are relic 4 to 5 and a few at 7 all maxed out with mods sliced to 6 dot and some sliced further before the update and even then I dont stand a chance.
    I only have three factions with more than a couple of toons above r3 and yet I somehow manage to get the max rewards possible without Beskar Mando each Galactic Challenge. Guess I must be even more awesome than I thought! :D

Impressive, most impressive especially given that it’s mathematically impossible to get max rewards without beskar mando whenever he’s been required for a feat.
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Coolnessda wrote: »

Impressive, most impressive especially given that it’s mathematically impossible to get max rewards without beskar mando whenever he’s been required for a feat.
    I think you’ve misunderstood “Max rewards possible without beskar Mando”. He doesn’t mean he achieved the Max rewards without even using Beskar Mando. He means he obtained the best rewards available to someone who doesn’t own Beskar Mando.

For non Beskar Mando GCs, the red t7 crate is the Max rewards. For Beskar Mando GCs, the gold t6 crate is the Max rewards possible if you don’t own Beskar Mando.

I’m intrigued how the OP can’t get the mod slicing mats from the higher tiers when “a vast majority of his squads are all relic 4 to 5”, which is why I asked for their swgoh.gg. I get the Max rewards every time (Beskar Mando not withstanding) and I don’t think I’d claim that my squads were as strong as OP claims.

I don’t think I’ll get the swgoh.gg though. OP has a tendency to create these threads looking for advice / information, but more often than not never comments on the thread again.
  • Calo_Nord
    224 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Ah the wonderful ambiguity of the English language. I stand corrected. Apologies to @Rath_Tarr
  • Most of them are puzzlish. They do swing a little widely in difficulty though. Thing i think is the most out of whack is the difficulty is not increased linearly. Every time between T4&5 it's a massive jump in difficulty. Really think they should smooth it out a little. That's my only real complaint.
  • Joebo720 wrote: »
    Most of them are puzzlish. They do swing a little widely in difficulty though. Thing i think is the most out of whack is the difficulty is not increased linearly. Every time between T4&5 it's a massive jump in difficulty. Really think they should smooth it out a little. That's my only real complaint.

T5 often seems significantly harder than t6 and t7. Has since they started the GCs.
  • I feel like they've been pretty well tuned. Usually takes moving some mods and the right RNG, but aside from a few, I think I've been able to beat all of them. Except those early Beskar Mando ones... :*