Lucasfilm Games

BroderickJoens
28 posts Member
edited January 2021
bwbchbzl9veh.jpg

Lucasfilm Games just announced that everything Star Wars is now under the umbrella of this new-to-us figure head. Can you tell us what--if anything-this means for SWGOH? I'm not worried about the game going away or anything. But does this mean more love from the House of Mouse for you guys? A relaunch of the Game Changers program? Some Hondo Ohnaka style content?

Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

@CG_Doja_Fett
@CG_SBCrumb
@CG_TopHat
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• LeeB
    56 posts Member
    Lucasfilm prob had control over this game like all Star Wars, so prob nothing will change.
  • LeeB wrote: »
    Lucasfilm prob had control over this game like all Star Wars, so prob nothing will change.

From what the Sizzle trailer made it sound like, Lucasfilm is a different property other than EA. They were under EA before which reported back to Disney. (I might be wrong or missing something, but I think that's how it worked.)

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    LeeB wrote: »

From what the Sizzle trailer made it sound like, Lucasfilm is a different property other than EA. They were under EA before which reported back to Disney. (I might be wrong or missing something, but I think that's how it worked.)

I think Lucasfilm also reports to Disney...idk if anything will be different or not. Could be interesting, might be nothing.
  • LeeB
    56 posts Member
    More than likely but Lucas control certain aspects of Star Wars to ensure it stays in theme of what Star Wars is. With that I’d expect certain game decisions to always feed through Lucas but I don’t see them getting involved in game content / mechanics.
  • I guess the 10 year game license for the Star Wars brand EA had is up for renewal.
  • From the sizzle trailer, Bendak Starkiller confirmed.
  • I guess the 10 year game license for the Star Wars brand EA had is up for renewal.

Hopefully forever, slowly destroying every Star Wars game.
  • Lucasfilm Games was resurrected by Disney a couple years ago but afaik hadn’t done anything yet. So while EA reports to Disney, Lucasfilm Games *is* Disney, much like CG is EA.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Hondo style you say?

My mother always told me that if one new character was good, two were better. And three... well that’s just good gaming!
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Lucasfilm Games was resurrected by Disney a couple years ago but afaik hadn’t done anything yet. So while EA reports to Disney, Lucasfilm Games *is* Disney, much like CG is EA.

I didn't realize that. That makes sense though.
  • id be surprised if CG weighs in on this...
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    id be surprised if CG weighs in on this...
    Who?
    rat04x23niox.png
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    id be surprised if CG weighs in on this...
    Who?
    rat04x23niox.png

Ive always been wondering why cg has never been on that...
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • but then again i remember that when you open the game it says capital games for 2 seconds (less actually)
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Looks like Disney started hiring for the studio almost two years ago: https://www.engadget.com/2019-03-20-disney-revives-lucasfilm-games.html
  • LeeB wrote: »
    I guess the 10 year game license for the Star Wars brand EA had is up for renewal.

Hopefully forever, slowly destroying every Star Wars game.

tenor.gif?itemid=18543183
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*