Free upgrades

I've been playing for awhile now, but don't want to buy any of the packs. Apart from the challenges & arena battles, how can I get free stuff is: money & upgrades, character shards?

Replies

• Technically everything is free or can be gotten for free. It is just a matter of how long you want to wait for it. Money speeds thing along but eventually everything is free if you wait long enough.
  • The main source of credits if the challenge and credit heist (an event that comes 1 or 2 times in a month.
    character shard you can get from cantina battles and hard battles (the hard battles are in the light and dark side battles and also in fleet battles) In the light and dark side battles you can also gain gear to upgrade the gear levels
  • Purple crystals come mainly from completing daily activities, and from squad and fleet arena. These crystals are best used on energy refreshes; you then use the energy to upgrade your characters, whether that's farming shards to get higher stars on them, or farming gear with the energy to gear them up.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I assume you are pretty new. Do your dailies. Get in a guild completing heroic raids. Build up a good arena squad to get higher crystal income. More crystals is more farming is more upgrading.
  • Konju wrote: »
    I assume you are pretty new. Do your dailies. Get in a guild completing heroic raids. Build up a good arena squad to get higher crystal income. More crystals is more farming is more upgrading.

This is great advice. In addition I would encourage you first to buy the 3 50 crystal energy refreshes every day, you want to arrive at 85 as fast as possible. Everything gets easier after that.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    @Johnnyreb1977
    dont wanna defend CG, but yeah, everything is free.
    they aren´t generously - thats it.
  • LOL!!!!! Nothing is in free in this game.

On the contrary, SWGOH is one of very few mobile MMO games where literally everything is free. It's the game where you can actually compete with top players being ftp. Yes, it requires deep knowledge of the game, very careful planning, patience, some social skills to get into the good guilds, arena shard chats, etc. But it is possible. Even newly introduced paywalls can be breached by ftp players who carefully stockpile resources.

CG aren't generous in giving players additional free stuff in the form of gifts on different occasions, yes. But it doesn't mean that "nothing is free".
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    LOL!!!!! When the game is updating for marvel strikeforce and the servers are down for a couple hours they shower us players with goodies.

We used to get those too - they'd send out crystals or loot boxes for "inconveniences". Now they just design for them.
  • LOL!!!!! Nothing is in free in this game.

I've played completely for free for over the last 4 years. Aside from the odd ad for an in game pack (and for me I may get an ad once or twice a week at most) its also ad free.

Lots can be done to make the game better and CG aren't the best, but you can indeed play for free.

The other freebies you talk about may not happen as often as other games but we get free things on Star Wars day and have in the past got crystals or shards when the game or events have had issues.