Is Vader viable in arena at 5*?

I want to play with him, he has all abilities maxed out, maxed gear and I'm close to get him to 5* (only 5 shards remaining). I'm not worried to rank top 50-1 in arena, I'm OK at my current 50-100 range, even in the 100-200 I'm fine.

Does it makes sense to use him at 5* with Dookan (L), Sidious, Luminara and Phasma? I will replace Boba Fet with him (yeahh, I'm at the other edge of the meta LOL).
My favorite characters Empire - Sith

Replies

• If you are not rank worried go for it. Mines 5* max gear I'd not bring him in.
  • At this point no. His speed is low and dots still don't kill in this game. But once the level cap rises and the dot bug goes away he'll definitely be viable. If you wanna experiment with him, do GW.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    At this point no. His speed is low and dots still don't kill in this game. But once the level cap rises and the dot bug goes away he'll definitely be viable. If you wanna experiment with him, do GW.

This. At 80 he will get speed down added to his dots, and more health and power, and maybe able to get 6* if you get lucky with shard shop/achievements. I have a maxed 5* Vader team and he's really fun and powerful in GW. But in arena all it would take is yoda or ackbar to ruin your day. On tough matches in GW, I'll use Vader lead, Tarkin, Snowtrooper, RG, and Sid. Sid and Vader dot, Tarkin does offense down, Snowtrooper does ability block on lumi or other threat, RG stuns someone, and by the time Vader comes around again, his culling blade will take someone out, followed by another attack, Tarkin aoe, Snowtrooper aoe, Sid in there somewhere, and it's pretty much over. Worst case, I take out a leader or high threat before I wipe, best case I win with all 5 standing. With dots able to kill (hopefully) in the future, Vader will be more viable in arena. But even still, at 80, a single yoda will render this team a pile of hp and nothing more. But it's still fun!