I feel cheated more & more

If your like me than you have been playing over 4 years, invested well over $100-$200, and have 3,4,5 or more million gp and have been wondering , has all my hard work,money, and time been worth it? Have I reached that level where I can take on the "new" pit raid with my guild, or either one of the Geo TB? I want that relic 8, why do I feel like the only way to get it and play to win in TB's and the "new" pit raid is to spend rediculous amounts of money on 1 characters gear! The prices are beyond outrageous to the point of insult. But basically after 4 years I've realized that its gonna take another 4 years to be able to get Mi Adi Mundi , or to even see what the new content in those Territory Battles is like. What makes me mad is that CG has to know that very few guilds and people can participate in these what seem like really cool battles and missions. Yet they do nothing. They have to know that there's no way any normal guild not built on $$ can beat the "new" Pit Raid challenge or whatever. Everyone knows how hard it is to build a team of relic 7 characters. If you paid money to bring a full 5 man team to relic 7 than your spending a lot of money. If this game keeps creating paths to take but they all end with " money money money", than I'm gonna invest in a 5g phone and stream xbox games and put this joy of a game experiencing some kind of dark side transformation behind me. More of a habit now than pleasure and I'm getting soooo soooo angry with this game recently. Seriously I feel like I've been taken for a ride. I wish I could have all my money back. Hopefully CG will put out content that everyone can enjoy right now and not 10 years from now when I definitely won't be playing this game.

Replies

• 1) paragraphs.

2) with the greatest of respect, spending “well over $100-200” doesn’t sound like very much

3) again with the greatest of respect, there are literally thousands of players who will have spent nothing at all after 4+ years and be performing very well in both the Geo TBs and the Pit raid.

4) post your swgoh.gg - people here can offer advice, which might include joining a better guild.

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    It sounds like you might need a new guild if you're not even doing geo TB.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    1) paragraphs.

2) with the greatest of respect, spending “well over $100-200” doesn’t sound like very much

3) again with the greatest of respect, there are literally thousands of players who will have spent nothing at all after 4+ years and be performing very well in both the Geo TBs and the Pit raid.

4) post your swgoh.gg - people here can offer advice, which might include joining a better guild.

This.

at 4 years, you are/should be "approaching the "real" end game" where you see (and could be seeing them for a while) choices you can make that help you or that you want to make without worrying about keeping up with the Jones'.

Unfortunately this sounds more like you took some bad paths of development and went more wide than focused on the goals you have listed. beating LS Geo, yes at this point is a far dream for many players, but playing it and finding success is very possible and many are doing it, right now without investing even as much as you have.

as stated, maybe post your roster and ask for advice, because at 4 years if those 2 things are your goals, you should be able to focus and make that achievable, at least for yourself, you will not be able to carry a whole guild .

This game is run as a business and in this model, yes 100% there are paths all over that offer faster progress for $$, but there is also a very clear free path with patience, planning, and focus. Its understandable that this style of game is not for everyone, so if you dont see the path, ask, and if its not for you, that's ok, but just because there are options to $$ for people who want to doesn't mean its the only path.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    yes, for sure, def still enjoying the game. great game
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Angryuser wrote: »
    All these new characters are really cool. Thanks for those CG. Where am I supposed to use them? Cause let's face it, why would I get excited about a new toon if i know i won't be using him for a long long time until they're brought to a relic level and even then there's no guarantee you'll get past phase 1 on the Geo offensive ! Would you quit making things so difficult that theres literally nowhere to use a squad that I'm dying to test out and use because I've put so so much into them. I had to build a full team to relic 5-7 just to find out they won't be helping much anywhere because you made everything so freakin' difficult! Not even challenging, that would mean I stood a chance. Why do I feel more and more that your trying to force rediculous amounts of money out of me? I play hours everyday, I have done so for over 4 years, I never missed a daily log in 4 years, and I've spent at least $250 in those 4 years... what else do you want from me so I can play and feel like my investment was only good enough to get me this far and if I want to go farther I'm going to have to spend more money, or sell my kidney and promise my 3rd unborn child. I'm angry and for good reason. I appreciate the new characters, but the state of the galaxy message made me blow my top ! 128 guilds beat the new pit raid and you call that successful ? What is that , like 6400 people out of millions that play? Omg.... that is terrible ! That means your catering to the money spenders and not encouraging us to spend money but making it mandatory to move on in this lifetime. Everyday I tell myself to wait 1 more day before calling it quits...
    So just quit already.

These wall-of-text posts are full of self-pity and inaccuracies.

When our guild completed challenge pit we were ranked 297th on that leaderboard so 128 guilds isn’t even half of how many have completed it now.

The other day you said you’d spent $100-200 and now it’s at least $250?

And suggesting that only people who have spent money - something you yourself have done - can complete that raid is rIdiculous.
  • Angryuser wrote: »
    All these new characters are really cool. Thanks for those CG. Where am I supposed to use them? Cause let's face it, why would I get excited about a new toon if i know i won't be using him for a long long time until they're brought to a relic level and even then there's no guarantee you'll get past phase 1 on the Geo offensive ! Would you quit making things so difficult that theres literally nowhere to use a squad that I'm dying to test out and use because I've put so so much into them. I had to build a full team to relic 5-7 just to find out they won't be helping much anywhere because you made everything so freakin' difficult! Not even challenging, that would mean I stood a chance. Why do I feel more and more that your trying to force rediculous amounts of money out of me? I play hours everyday, I have done so for over 4 years, I never missed a daily log in 4 years, and I've spent at least $250 in those 4 years... what else do you want from me so I can play and feel like my investment was only good enough to get me this far and if I want to go farther I'm going to have to spend more money, or sell my kidney and promise my 3rd unborn child. I'm angry and for good reason. I appreciate the new characters, but the state of the galaxy message made me blow my top ! 128 guilds beat the new pit raid and you call that successful ? What is that , like 6400 people out of millions that play? Omg.... that is terrible ! That means your catering to the money spenders and not encouraging us to spend money but making it mandatory to move on in this lifetime. Everyday I tell myself to wait 1 more day before calling it quits...
    So just quit already.

These wall-of-text posts are full of self-pity and inaccuracies.

When our guild completed challenge pit we were ranked 297th on that leaderboard so 128 guilds isn’t even half of how many have completed it now.

The other day you said you’d spent $100-200 and now it’s at least $250?

And suggesting that only people who have spent money - something you yourself have done - can complete that raid is rIdiculous.

Well I'd like to point out that I doubt there are very many F2P guilds that have completed the new challenge tier rancor raid if any. However, this is also intended sadly. CG has to give the whales something to keep them spending over those of us who are F2P players.

Spending up to $250 on this game is sadly and honestly no where near the kind of investment that is required to see a drastic difference between your own account and a F2P account. There are players who've spent well over $10,000 on their account over the years.

Also, after 4 years you should be able to perform decently in the Dark side Geo TB. Light side Geo TB is another story entirely. There are guys in my guild who I'd consider to be a dolphin who still struggle even in Phase 1 of the LS Geo TB.

Unfortunately, things like TB and Raids are very team specific. Certain teams that perform well in raids are not always going to be the same teams that perform well in the TB zones. I've been playing over 4 years myself and am approaching 4.5m total GP.

I do fairly decent in Geo tb, including getting a Wat shard for my guild everytime.I still can not get rank 1 in heroic sith raid as I don't have any GL. I am no good in LS Geo tb and will only have 1 decent team for it after this current TB finishes when I can get my 7* GAS and get him to Relic 7 with the rest of my Relic 7 501st. You do have to pick and choose which toons and squads you are going to farm and build up based on where and what you want to do.

With 4.5m GP I know I am at least 1+ year away from being able to clear the challenge tier rancor raid with my guild. Our guild is right around 200m GP currently and we do not even attempt the new rancor raid yet. It is all about a time investment. Depending on what your total GP is Angryuser you might need to find a new guild that is performing better than your current guild.

Best of luck.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @Angryuser If you have no chance in Republic Offensive or need help for challenge Rancor raids I'd recommend that you link your swgoh.gg profile and ask for help. That would be much more constructive than this.
  • Hey there Angryuser, Descriptive name by the way ;-) I don't post much or read many posts but since I just saw this I have to say, apart from your specific account related issues, I can relate to how you feel in a lot of ways. Hang in there. You're obviously a committed player having played for four years. Posts as with emails can be interpreted in many ways.