Smuggler’s Run bug

Konju
1176 posts Member
edited January 2021
Perhaps this has been discussed before, but I rarely get the 1st turn with Han in the 3rd wave of this event. The pattern I have noticed is that if Han takes the last turn in the 2nd wave, then Krennic and both Death Troopers will take turns before Han gets his 1st turn. Is there something I am missing or is this a bug?

45dfcddcazhz.png

Note in this screenshot that all status effects are visible. Han only has guard but ability block on his specials (as he is using his first turn). Also note that both teams are already suffering negative status effects due to attacks and counters with Nest (already dead).

Replies

• crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    This is because of the changes to tm overflow. If HN ended the last wave, he had 0 overflow tm. So enemies are stacked to go first. If you end with someone other than Han, he will have extra tm and likely go first.
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    This is because of the changes to tm overflow. If HN ended the last wave, he had 0 overflow tm. So enemies are stacked to go first. If you end with someone other than Han, he will have extra tm and likely go first.

This still is not working with how his zeta text is presented. Sure I can just work around something not working how it is supposed to, but shouldn’t it work how it is represented in the kit design?

i7kjssh7e3hu.png
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

This still is not working with how his zeta text is presented. Sure I can just work around something not working how it is supposed to, but shouldn’t it work how it is represented in the kit design?

i7kjssh7e3hu.png

It's working like text is presented in the sense of that's how bonus turns work. If you take the title of the ability literally, in that he always "shoots first," it's NEVER worked that way.
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    I guess agree to disagree on what bonus turn means. How that is represented in the coding is certainly not my doing, but not taking a bonus turn at the beginning would seem to me to be a lie in the kit/coding. Also, Krennic and Death Troopers do not have a mechanic to take a bonus turn at the start of the encounter. If I was mirroring another Han or Wat, then sure, agreed they could go first.

While your response does answer the question, the kit still is misrepresented, hence a bug IMO. The baked in TM of the enemy should not beat a bonus turn at the start of the encounter. That is an issue. Sorry, never gonna see it otherwise.

“Bonus turn at the start of each encounter” should mean what it says, unless facing another character using the same mechanic.
  • Not saying if I agree or disagree, but the units in the final wave are granted a bonus turn at the start of the wave too, so if Han has no overflow this is WAI.

Crumb confirmed they are receiving bonus turns, not a full TM bar, and explained why this happens on the first page of this thread, at the bottom: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2158251#Comment_2158251
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    Thank you, that explains it, a bonus turn for the enemy characters in this smugglers run event makes sense for what I outlined. The previous comments from crzydroid fit this usage for bonus turns outlined by Crumb as well.

I really appreciate the clarification and info you provided from past discussions. Thank you.

Feel free to close this thread as my issue has been solved.
This discussion has been closed.