Armorer kit reveal?

Prev134
Eleslalegenda
411 posts Member
edited January 2021
Armorer kit reveal? 🤔

Replies

• Maybe their holiday break aren't over ;)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Maybe that picture of the Armorer didn’t mean we are getting the Armorer... *cough* new game mode *cough* Mandalorian tag *cough*
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    As I have said before, I dont think there will be a kit, as she will have a table in the hall that deals with the "conquest" game mode thats coming. She will craft the "artifacts" needed for that mode. OR OR OR, she will take gear to reforge it to better gear, Mk4 stun guns to Mk5 stun guns, but I think this is less likely to happen as it would clash with the Jawa....just speculation.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    As I have said before, I dont think there will be a kit, as she will have a table in the hall that deals with the "conquest" game mode thats coming. She will craft the "artifacts" needed for that mode. OR OR OR, she will take gear to reforge it to better gear, Mk4 stun guns to Mk5 stun guns, but I think this is less likely to happen as it would clash with the Jawa....just speculation.

I thought so too, especially because of the image in the announcement. But people pointed out to me it specifically says -character-.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I thought so too, especially because of the image in the announcement. But people pointed out to me it specifically says -character-.

yeah, this seems like the more reasonable situation based on the words used.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Character doesn't necessarily mean playable per se, as NPC's are still characters...its in the name.
  • Maybe, but don't think that'll be the case. The datamined new mode would be more welcomed then a marquee on my part for sure.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Maybe, but don't think that'll be the case. The datamined new mode would be more welcomed then a marquee on my part for sure.

Completely agree. Content is what this game needs badly...not just another toon to star and gear in this strangled economy.

Whatever happened to Super Marquees? Why does Jango get the only one?
  • Maybe armorer is a part of the new game mode as an enticement to spend/build for the mode itself
  • Maybe their holiday break aren't over ;)

I’ll never understand why an app development company needs such a ridiculously long break. I dont get a month off running my software company and neither do my employees.
  • Maybe armorer is a part of the new game mode as an enticement to spend/build for the mode itself

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it was an epic confrontation requiring moff Gideon and a bunch of relic troopers, and beskar mando and his gang.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Shaddess wrote: »
    Maybe their holiday break aren't over ;)

I’ll never understand why an app development company needs such a ridiculously long break. I dont get a month off running my software company and neither do my employees.

I agree...but...did your software company make a billion in revenue? 😉

Edit: corrected from 5 billion to a billion.
    Post edited by el_mago on

Gear trading/upgrading would be one of the best things that happened to this game... until you realise you need 20,000 Mk4 Stuns to get 1 Mk5 ;)

To be honest, that's where my mind went as well, with all the talk about "easing the grind" last year.

But it's probably a marquee with a new special buff or something.

• el_mago wrote: »

I agree...but...did your software company make 5 billion in revenue? 😉

Not billions no. Not yet at least.
  • KorAgaz wrote: »
    To be honest, that's where my mind went as well, with all the talk about "easing the grind" last year.

SHHHH!

Be silent about all this 'Easing the grind' - don't remind CG about that. Do you remember last time they 'eased the gear grind?'

4tiv0t.jpg
    OR OR OR, she will take gear to reforge it to better gear, Mk4 stun guns to Mk5 stun guns, but I think this is less likely to happen as it would clash with the Jawa....just speculation.

Not necessarily. There's a bunch of gear that can't be salvaged by the jawa--they could have you break that down into a currency and use that currency to buy new gear. Also just speculation. I would love for Armorer to be some new mode or store or whatever, but I'm pretty sure she'll be a character...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Whatever it is, given recent events and recent history, I'm sure the communication surrounding it will be vague, the content will be non-player friendly and there will be packs. The Mark of all CG game "improvements" lately.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • They are making the Armorer the store where you need to spend your real money to buy gear as needed.
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    They are making the Armorer the store where you need to spend your real money to buy gear as needed.

More like force us to send rare metals to CG headquarters IRL to get in game items.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Whatever it is, given recent events and recent history, I'm sure the communication surrounding it will be vague, the content will be non-player friendly and there will be packs. The Mark of all CG game "improvements" lately.

I don’t think state of the galaxies have been vague so far

We are due one this week, so we’ll see what CGs plan is with armorer and this month
  • I think the mandalorian armorer will be the 2.0 jawa scavenger. I hope it means she will be the one who is giving zetas to the non zeta owners club!? Remember Traya's placeholder?
  • KorAgaz wrote: »

SHHHH!

Be silent about all this 'Easing the grind' - don't remind CG about that. Do you remember last time they 'eased the gear grind?'

4tiv0t.jpg

Ty for bringing archer into this lol.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    el_mago wrote: »

I agree...but...did your software company make 5 billion in revenue? 😉

Not billions no. Not yet at least.

That’s the spirit!
  • Kyno wrote: »

yeah....more toons to gear....with all the same places to play with them in.....wheres the content? Wheres the "conquest" mode.....where is something new that is, you know, fun?
  • You did my boy boba wrong CG.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Should be the man-oh-mandalorian tag

Edit: and Mega this thread for thread economy
  • The Amourer: This is the way.

Mando: This is the way.

Boba Fett: This isn’t the way.
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Honestly using a quote that more easily works as a "it doesn't matter what you think" than as some blanket denial of being a mandalorian is just awful. Boba was raised by a mandalorian. Trained by his father. Wears the symbol of his father's foster. Wears the mythosaur. Has his armour painted in ways that telegraphs meaning to other mandalorians. Who seemingly lives his life as jaster described the way and jango lived it (if that version of the way even exists in this timeleine anymore)

Like say you think the EU is no more.. that's fine. Say you want to see how the book of boba plays out or you want to keep the ambiguity of the character for the game. All perfectly understandable. But the reasoning used for denying the tag is nonsensical.

P.S.
    Give canderous his armour. Make it a skin or a rework or whatever mandalore the preserver deserves his armour.