QoL updates for 2021

Replies

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    Better mod management.

Ability to craft gear when a character doesn't currently need it (I'm hoping this is what the armorer will be, but it should just be built into the scavenger)
  • - I’d like an “every 6 month” arena shuffle, too, to break up the weird Discord marriage and add some variety. (Of course, many arena cabals would hate this.)

Wow nice, first time I read that one. I'm not sure how I feel about it tho .. :D
  • - 3* an assault battle=sim forever.
    - Edit GAC squads during setup.
    - Change the arena reward structure. 1st=$500; 2-5=$450; 6-10=$400; 11-20=$300; 21-50=$200; 51-100=$150; 101-200=$100; 201-300=$50.
    - I’d like an “every 6 month” arena shuffle, too, to break up the weird Discord marriage and add some variety. (Of course, many arena cabals would hate this.)

I get where you're going with the arena shake up. Outside of the vary obvious disgruntlement of arena shards on discord, something more legit would be affected. Many players choose character development roads based on maximizing arena rewards regardless of PO windows being observed by others. For example I developed SLKR because my shard was all Reys, then I developed SEE because my shard was all JMLs. Now if I were to get *shook* up and end up in a shard of all SLKRs I'd be stuck mirror matching for 6 months. Could be annoying, but more importantly you risk off balancing newer shards with newer rosters getting doinked by massive GP titans.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Rather than complete reshuffle, I think arena shard merging is a good idea. It will actually become a necessity over time, with old shards becoming more and more populated by dead accounts. In fact, I suspect that it is already happening, a bunch of new names appears in my arenas every so often, but there was no official confirmation and the new names can be explained simply by new people getting meta teams. Especially in fleet arena, where the meta is super stale and pretty much everyone in old shards can get top-tier fleet by now.
  • Roster-level and squad-level loadouts for mods.

This would be a gamechanger for a lot of folks
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    LeeB wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Just an FYI, it's not completely off the table, but apparently fleet management, is not at as simple as it was for squads.

Let me guess, it's not free.

Everything is free, didnt you know?
    el_mago wrote: »
    I am not a programmer, so I don't know what goes into it; but I'm finding it extremely difficult to understand how implementing fleet squads can be that hard. I just can't...it boggles the mind.

Become a programmer and you will have a better understanding.

I believe it was based in how tags are used on ships and how they are handled in that management, but that's a different conversation and I just wanted to share that information I had.

Sounds more like, hire a better programmer which build games correctly from the start and not with limited scope. If there are many other mobile games which offer similar capability, it’s not a matter of if it can be done but do they want to spend the money to get it fixed.

That great hindsight, any other past you can explain on how to do better years later.......

Well yes in any business it's always going to ba balance of what can be done in how much time and how much will it cost. Nothing is impossible, but things can definitely cost too much time or money.

When a game grosses over a billion dollars in 5 years, I believe they have the income to make the game more manageable for their players.
    That’s just me though

100%. But that doesnt mean that everything on "the list" will or even can get done in the lifetime of the game. So it will always be a balance of benefit vs time and money.

If this game really did gross a billion dollars in 5 years, I don't know whether to recommend firing them all in the name of incompetence or celebrating them in the name of venture capital.

• khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    1) Rework toons. There are too many toons in the game that are so out of date that deserves better:
    Mace Windu, QGJ, Kit Fisto, (basically most of the GR Jedis), Darth Sidious, etc

Or bring in new toons that make them more useful? Like MM did for the Rebel Fighters.

2) Can we see more levels added to the DS/LS, Cantina and Ships?

3) Can we get reassurances that R8 will not be added to future GLs prerequisites?

4) Will you double the shards for older ships eventually?
  • Very minor but I'd like sort by gear to also sort by relic level.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    I'd also like to be able to sell level 15 mods in the main mod screen, but I suppose that goes with "mod management"
  • My never answered Q&A questions when Q&As were still a thing.

1) Can the ingame chat let us know when a Raid's phase 4 is completed? It already says when the first three phases are complete. Why not phase 4?

2) On the character inventory page, a player may select a filter to show Rebels, Empire, First Order etc. That being said, more and more characters have multiple tags these days. While I can select Separatists OR Droids, I cannot select Separatists AND Droids. Do you think being able to select multiple tags would make for a good QOL update?

3) About double drops. I want to be clear, I am not complaining about them. Anytime you want to give away free stuff, I am all for it. That being said, would it be feasible to give a 100% drop rate instead of giving double drops? It does leave a semi bad taste in your mouth when you spend 100 crystals on a cantina refresh, for example and get zero drops of whatever you are farming. Two times zero still equals zero after all.

4) You recently removed the 4 dot mods from the mod store. Kudos!!! Can the 3 dot mods be removed from tier III of the mod challenges? They serve no purpose whatsoever.

5) Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim ALL battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in? Over a year ago, you said you were going to take a "holistic approach to time-saving" but since then, you have made these battles take even more time by adding additional tiers to the events. Can you please explain the contradiction?

6) Over a year ago, you said that fleet "squads" were on your QOL wishlist. Ever since then, people have been asking for them during every Q&A. Now with 8 capital ships, the need is even greater. Will we ever be able to save our fleets just like we do with squads?

7) In TB, is there a way to find out what GP was deployed? All we have now is a global number, but we have no way of knowing within the game if the deployed GP is from ships or troops.

This
  • Dkfusion wrote: »
    - 3* an assault battle=sim forever.
    - Edit GAC squads during setup.
    - Change the arena reward structure. 1st=$500; 2-5=$450; 6-10=$400; 11-20=$300; 21-50=$200; 51-100=$150; 101-200=$100; 201-300=$50.
    - I’d like an “every 6 month” arena shuffle, too, to break up the weird Discord marriage and add some variety. (Of course, many arena cabals would hate this.)

I get where you're going with the arena shake up. Outside of the vary obvious disgruntlement of arena shards on discord, something more legit would be affected. Many players choose character development roads based on maximizing arena rewards regardless of PO windows being observed by others. For example I developed SLKR because my shard was all Reys, then I developed SEE because my shard was all JMLs. Now if I were to get *shook* up and end up in a shard of all SLKRs I'd be stuck mirror matching for 6 months. Could be annoying, but more importantly you risk off balancing newer shards with newer rosters getting doinked by massive GP titans.

Yeah, any shuffling would probably have to consider account creation dates or you’ll get more of the bad GP matching that plagues GAC and TW.
    Can’t speak to the GL question, really, since I have Rey and only Rey. At least she beats everything! I suspect it would balance out, though.
    (Or you could organize arenas by amount of real $$$ spent in game! That would be hilarious.)

I definitely feel bad for folks who wound up in a shard with a bunch of toxic jerks running the show. But for me, shuffling shards would be akin to shuffling guilds. I have been chatting with these guys in discord for a couple years now. We help each other during GAC by placing squads so we can test against one another. And no one has to stare at their arena for their entire climb for fear of getting sniped.

I fail to see who would actually be helped by shuffling the shards. Those in chats now will seek each other out and form new chats. Some people will get moved to more toxic "cabals" and some will get more cooperative ones like mine. But on the average, all it would do is frustrate a lot of folks for a net-zero (imo) change to life quality.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    But considering that we haven't had a qol in years, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I do agree with your QOL updates, alot of them are ones that I want as well. However, there is no need to exaggerate. While it may FEEL like years, the last major QOL update was in 2019. Technically speaking, it will be two years on March 2019.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/197857/version-update-3-13-quality-of-life

Since it's been almost two years. The term years is pretty accurate.

Wasn't there a QOL in November 2020, as in Doubled Character Shards?

That's not a QOL update; that was a re-blancing of the shard economy.

QOL updates are updates that don't affect your progression but improve the time you spend in game. For example, A QOL update would be to let us pull multiple bronziums at once.
  • My never answered Q&A questions when Q&As were still a thing.

6) Over a year ago, you said that fleet "squads" were on your QOL wishlist. Ever since then, people have been asking for them during every Q&A. Now with 8 capital ships, the need is even greater. Will we ever be able to save our fleets just like we do with squads?

1,000,000% this!!!

Ahch-To is recruiting! Say hi, and find yourself a new home with us: https://discord.gg/KTeUgyTeZD
  • How about a slider for buying bronzium data cards? That seems like a pretty simple addition that would certainly save a little time for the player base.
  • DK_Raid_Violator
    241 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    And the end of a battle in TW, GAC and especially raids (looking at you Mega Rancor!) prompt the player whether they want to end the battle or forfeit the match. Make an option to enable/disable this function (ideally for each game mode).
    Right now people are juggling Flight mode, force quitting the app, blocking firewall and all kinds of crap just to play a mobile game. And as any officer will tell you, it does not work as well as one would hope.
    If you want to make a game that is competitive (and you already did), then you must support it (and you didn't) and not make it a game about who is better at force quitting the app.
  • Sort guild rosters by Galactic power
  • "Mark as junk" and "sell all junk" option for mods.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    How come no one talked abt salvaging materials? Not that the norm is for relics toons, how abt more of those useless gear to be salvaged?

Esp those carbonite board thingys
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Looooki wrote: »
    How come no one talked abt salvaging materials? Not that the norm is for relics toons, how abt more of those useless gear to be salvaged?

Esp those carbonite board thingys

0j9m607nmv0m.jpg

Before someone Stone me to death... This is what I meant by useless gear...
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Just an FYI, it's not completely off the table, but apparently fleet management, is not at as simple as it was for squads.

I am not a programmer, so I don't know what goes into it; but I'm finding it extremely difficult to understand how implementing fleet squads can be that hard. I just can't...it boggles the mind.

I believe it was based in how tags are used on ships and how they are handled in that management, but that's a different conversation and I just wanted to share that information I had.

Sounds more like, hire a better programmer which build games correctly from the start and not with limited scope. If there are many other mobile games which offer similar capability, it’s not a matter of if it can be done but do they want to spend the money to get it fixed.

That great hindsight, any other past you can explain on how to do better years later.......

Well yes in any business it's always going to ba balance of what can be done in how much time and how much will it cost. Nothing is impossible, but things can definitely cost too much time or money.

When a game grosses over a billion dollars in 5 years, I believe they have the income to make the game more manageable for their players.
    That’s just me though

100%. But that doesnt mean that everything on "the list" will or even can get done in the lifetime of the game. So it will always be a balance of benefit vs time and money.

I believe hes saying that after youve made that billion he doesnt belive you can say anything the customer wants is too expensive when it comes to small qol updates.

Sure it may be more difficult than other items... but 200 mil a year should mean they can spend 10k on it if they needed to.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

That’s just me though

I believe hes saying that after youve made that billion he doesnt belive you can say anything the customer wants is too expensive when it comes to small qol updates.

Sure it may be more difficult than other items... but 200 mil a year should mean they can spend 10k on it if they needed to.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. When TopCash said a live PVP or sandbox would be too expensive I had to do a double take lol. Like, guy....this game has grossed over a billion in revenue....that answer was far and beyond worse than even Carrie’s tip of the spear comment or even RyDiggs meltdown a couple years ago. TopCash has the top tone deaf response ever lol
  • * Ship squads.
    * Being able to go directly to a hero when tapping and holding their mod in the filter->only assigned mods unchecked view.
    * When on the data cards store screen, if you tap a pack to see what's inside, don't put you back to the very beginning of the data card list when you tap the back arrow. This is annoying when there's like 30 packs and you're trying to look at what's inside them all. This is causing CG to lose profits.
    * Squads for ships.
    * Being able to re-order the tabs for character squads. I have 7 tabs and I want to make new ones, I want the new ones at the front but I don't want to have to delete the other tabs and lose all.my saved squads to make that happen.
    * Being able to make preset squads for ships.
    * Add a scroll bar that can be tapped and dragged to fast scroll on mods screen, characters screem, ships screen, etc. Should not have ro swipe up and down on my phone screen 1 million times to get to the other side of tge list. Especially with mods where I have thousands of them
  • Not sure whether this has been mentioned yet or not, but when in fleet battles, if a new ship enters the scene then the camera angle sometimes changes. Usually this is no big deal, but sometimes the new angle goes to a position where it is extremely difficult to target opposing ships because they are now too close or behind one another. Sometimes you can be left clicking the ship 5-10-15 times before it eventually selects. Would be nice if the extreme angles could be reduced to stop this from happening or if there was a secondary ship target selector somewhere...like arrows to shuffle one by one through the ships in case this issue occurs. It's not a huge issue, but can be frustrating at times and can take some time off of your battle as well when it's being fussy.