SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• SithAmer wrote: »
    Was there any game update today? I saw an in-game notification but could see anything on the forum.

Because for that, they have to communicate, and we all know here how hard it is !
  • Over the holiday break I enlisted some players to help me gather video, anecdotes, sentiment and other relevant information surrounding SEE in order to compile it and present it to devs. This is separate, and in my opinion, going to be a stronger case than any previous attempts at relaying your sentiment. The people who helped me with this over the break did a heckuva job and I've been combing through it the past week and will continue to do so this week and maybe into next week if needed (I have other initiatives I'm working on concurrently).

I'm not saying this will ultimately lead to any action, and if it does, I have no way of knowing when or what that would look like. What I'm saying here is that I'm putting together the best representation of your sentiment that I possibly can.
  • Well done doja, happy to see you taking initiative to work with the community. I have no plans for see anytime soon so I have no skin in the game, but I really appreciate you working so hard on an area where cg and the player base don't agree regarding whether an issue even exists. To see someone from cg not only treat it seriously but to actually take action is very heartening
  • Thank you Doja. Appreciate the response, and the effort to try to help the players with this important issue. Fingers crossed for some positive action from the devs.
  • Over the holiday break I enlisted some players to help me gather video, anecdotes, sentiment and other relevant information surrounding SEE in order to compile it and present it to devs. This is separate, and in my opinion, going to be a stronger case than any previous attempts at relaying your sentiment. The people who helped me with this over the break did a heckuva job and I've been combing through it the past week and will continue to do so this week and maybe into next week if needed (I have other initiatives I'm working on concurrently).

I'm not saying this will ultimately lead to any action, and if it does, I have no way of knowing when or what that would look like. What I'm saying here is that I'm putting together the best representation of your sentiment that I possibly can.

Thank you @CG_Doja_Fett @Kyno and to everyone else who helped contribute over the Holiday Break. It might not seem like it to some, but you’re the reason they where able to hit the ground running as soon as they got back. Great Work! :)

THANK YOU @CG_Doja_Fett .

Any summary of what you sent them?

Thank you very much @CG_Doja_Fett for working on this during your break and also thank you to the others who helped you. It is almost Sith month anyway, so perfect time for a rework or reworks :)

"There is only one plan—one great design which shall govern the universe—mine."-Sheev

@CG_Doja_Fett just let them know he has no synergy with sith and he is best when played in a 2 man team w Darth Wat; a post now and then goes a long way so thanks
  • See has just been buffed; see + darth wat + darth Armorer
  • See has just been buffed; see + darth wat + darth Armorer

So has JML
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • yh but it looks like it will probably help SEE most - he can siphon any protection to prevent a lot of the armourers benefit for the opponent, as well as HOPEFULLY now being able to reliably beat SLKR
  • LeeB wrote: »
    Still nothing from CG on whether they'll fix the character they lied about to get people to panic farm him.

What was there lie? I Don’t actually know 😀

They said see would be on par with the other GLs. That was a lie.

Thanks for working on our behalf doja.

Please also express our frustration with this process taking several months to make a decision. Considering the shelf life of a meta is typically only about 6 months, the concern is that by the time they do anything, it'll be time for a new GL to come out that devalues any buff to see.

• After lots of testing today, I can confirm SEE can auto both JML and Rey (non-JTR Rey team) on auto, with only Wat, as another user showed videos of in this thread. I thought maybe the Rey teams in his video were weak or underpowered, but I tried vs. top tier Rey teams and had the same results.

While this sounds good for SEE and makes SEE look powerful, it's all rather silly that he does better as a duo with Wat, than he does with his own faction in a full team.

Thats 100% proof positive that his leadership ability is FUBAR and makes no sense. He needs fixed. Come on. No one wants to run SEE with a Separatist. Give us some use for our old, dried-up sith that we were forced to relic. What a disgrace...
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    After lots of testing today, I can confirm SEE can auto both JML and Rey (non-JTR Rey team) on auto, with only Wat, as another user showed videos of in this thread. I thought maybe the Rey teams in his video were weak or underpowered, but I tried vs. top tier Rey teams and had the same results.

While this sounds good for SEE and makes SEE look powerful, it's all rather silly that he does better as a duo with Wat, than he does with his own faction in a full team.

Thats 100% proof positive that his leadership ability is FUBAR and makes no sense. He needs fixed. Come on. No one wants to run SEE with a Separatist. Give us some use for our old, dried-up sith that we were forced to relic. What a disgrace...

This is the most frustrating and least enjoyable thing I have experienced in a game in a long time. I didnt sign up to play AFK Arena, because thats how a good chunk of my arena battles are right now. I actually look forward to fighting SLKRs with SEE because it actually lets me play the game.

Thank you Doja for this job.

Agree with previous comments, we're waiting for a real sinergy with Sith, and a welcome one would be with the requirements like Sidious (R7) and Dooku (R6) or Maul which is a character most of sith fans like but really bad in the game.

Wow, thanks for the effort. This is how it should be done!
  • alankan1018
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Looks like the new ''collecting data'' ''we're working on it'' "not sure whats gonna happen" statement have came out once again,duh.
  • TBH though, whether or not an attack is auto is irrelevant - if you can win easily on offence (which Rey/JML both can) it really doesnt matter if it’s auto or not. He still is the only GL that can’t hold on defence, he still is the only GL that can’t reliably beat all the other GLs, he still is by far the worst GL in PvE, and that’s a problem
  • I can’t believe what I’m seeing, people complaining about their DS GL because they can beat both LS GLs on auto with just Wat? That’s a great feature lol. Some of y’all are nuts... 😂
  • Guiboudou
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    After months, it could be good to hear at least if a rework is considered or not, even if it's not today.

Work on a the rework is hard for sure but notice the issue which is claimed by all people here for months. Please, just confess there is an issue with SEE would ease owners of this pseudo GL !
  • Decado
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I can’t believe what I’m seeing, people complaining about their DS GL because they can beat both LS GLs on auto with just Wat? That’s a great feature lol. Some of y’all are nuts... 😂

I enjoy actually battling teams, not pressing a button and doing something else for a couple of minutes, and GLs are supposed to be the best of the characters in the game, thus the most challenging. With SEE its either an rng dependent complex battle with specific modding required, or a LOL AUTO. Arena used to be fun. Its not even interesting for me anymore.

Also a terrible design for a game that is intended to be 5v5, and GAC/TW make use of full 5v5 rosters. Undermans on auto is not healthy for game balance imo. Undermans where you have to use skill and specific matchups to underman is a display of your skill/knowledge. Throwing Wat in with SEE and hitting auto is.......real skillful.

I was enjoying SEE (not a whole lot) far more before I found out about this than I am now.

Edit: Want to see what my attacker GLs best mod set is? Has huuuuuge damage on it.
    bq8eowk5nc9y.png
  • Decado wrote: »
    I can’t believe what I’m seeing, people complaining about their DS GL because they can beat both LS GLs on auto with just Wat? That’s a great feature lol. Some of y’all are nuts... 😂

I enjoy actually battling teams, not pressing a button and doing something else for a couple of minutes, and GLs are supposed to be the best of the characters in the game, thus the most challenging. With SEE its either an rng dependent complex battle with specific modding required, or a LOL AUTO. Arena used to be fun. Its not even interesting for me anymore.

Also a terrible design for a game that is intended to be 5v5, and GAC/TW make use of full 5v5 rosters. Undermans on auto is not healthy for game balance imo. Undermans where you have to use skill and specific matchups to underman is a display of your skill/knowledge. Throwing Wat in with SEE and hitting auto is.......real skillful.

I was enjoying SEE (not a whole lot) far more before I found out about this than I am now.

Yep, you’re nuts. Squad arena is so boring I would welcome more chances to auto battle.

And saving SEE-Wat to counter opposing GLs for GAC/TW is exactly what endgame players/guilds should look for! Now you can set full SE, use EP/Piett/Vader for weaker Reys, and have Triumvirate for Geos/MM.
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Decado wrote: »

Yep, you’re nuts. Squad arena is so boring I would welcome more chances to auto battle.

And saving SEE-Wat to counter opposing GLs for GAC/TW is exactly what endgame players/guilds should look for! Now you can set full SE, use EP/Piett/Vader for weaker Reys, and have Triumvirate for Geos/MM.

People complain ‘cause See the most useless GLs for his investments 1. Rey is valid for new Raid, Arena/GAC/TW both offense and defense, Light side Geo 2. SLKR is valid for both Raids, Arena/GAC/TW both offense and defense, Dark Geo ( but not mandatory) and new challenges. 3 . JML is valid for Light side Geo, top for Arena, good for offense/defense in GAC/TW, valid for Raid, new challenges. And finally See 4.good for Geo ( but not mandatory), good for offense precisely against light side enemies on Arena/ Gac/ TW and for the rest game he is inappropriate. IMHO having status a GL, the toon should be useful not only in countering a couple of toons, as we have non-gls toons like Vader, Gas, JKL etc for that actually, but GL toon should perform better than non-gl teams in other challenges and be definitely better representative from their class but not be worse and less useful than 1-2 year old toons
  • SEE is my first GL.
    He is not usable for me in GAC defensive. Everyone I get matched with, has Rey or SLKR and is able to solo/undersize my SEE, doesn't matter which variation I set. This is just frustrating and it should not be an advantage to attack with less characters. People with Reys undersized like this climb everyday over me in Arena:

hojakh2k6ot5.jpg

Also those Bastilla lead Jedi popping up everywhere in my squad arena which is a 100% timeout. Even Raid Han in this squad can't prevent Wat from giving his tank tech to JML and the battle is basically over in 5 seconds. SEEs damage output is just way too low. Even on Jedi. I tried all kind of variations, but SEE considered as a "hard" counter to JML gets destroyed by this team. Feel free to prove me wrong and let me know.
    Call it buff or whatever. This toon needs some adjustments. No matter what.

ct37x3n7yatt.jpg

@CG_Doja_Fett Thank you for putting this together. I am grateful for your efforts here.

There is something disturbing in your writing. What your statement says is you are doing something to get the devs to look into SEE. Which means without your efforts they are done looking and feel SEE is WAI. IE the last few months of we are looking has not been the truth and they are focused on pushing more mandalorian content out.

For future reference, when CG announces something is on par, what guidelines should we look at? Only arena? or should we believe that on par means raids, TB, GAC, TW, offense, defense, assault battles, IE all game mods.

Once again I am extremely pleased you are pushing for a positive resolution that brings SEE up to a GL level and honestly believe JML should be raised up a touch as well, but I have concerns that your developers will actually deliver us what was promised.
  • Decado wrote: »

People will read what you wrote and miss-interpret. (Hopefully I’m not miss quoting you here). You never said this means SEE is awesome! Merely that this development adds value to SEE and should be part of the discussion. While I cant take advantage of this combo I agree with that sentiment. I just want to make it clear before this devolves. You did not say this makes up for all the other issues.

Unless you are in which case carry on!

Others have mentioned the issues with synergy so I won’t rehash that. I am of the opinion that Wat is one of the most versatile support characters in the game. Considering his liabilities, Wat getting SEE over the hump to consistently beat Rey who he should (making an assumption) be neutral against just doesn’t cut it for me. Especially when the opposite is true for the all 4 against SEE.

Something I think could be interesting. Rey seems to be able to beat all the GL’s and lose to all the GL’s (an over simplification but not without merit). A scenario where All the GL’s can solo SEE but SEE can solo all the GL’s would be interesting. Ideally I’d prefer 2v5 not solo. Just a thought don’t read too much into it.
  • ZeTwitch wrote: »
    Decado wrote: »

People will read what you wrote and miss-interpret. (Hopefully I’m not miss quoting you here). You never said this means SEE is awesome! Merely that this development adds value to SEE and should be part of the discussion. While I cant take advantage of this combo I agree with that sentiment. I just want to make it clear before this devolves. You did not say this makes up for all the other issues.

Unless you are in which case carry on!

Others have mentioned the issues with synergy so I won’t rehash that. I am of the opinion that Wat is one of the most versatile support characters in the game. Considering his liabilities, Wat getting SEE over the hump to consistently beat Rey who he should (making an assumption) be neutral against just doesn’t cut it for me. Especially when the opposite is true for the all 4 against SEE.

Something I think could be interesting. Rey seems to be able to beat all the GL’s and lose to all the GL’s (an over simplification but not without merit). A scenario where All the GL’s can solo SEE but SEE can solo all the GL’s would be interesting. Ideally I’d prefer 2v5 not solo. Just a thought don’t read too much into it.

Right! I’ve said in the past that I think SEE should get linked ability fixed so his kit can function vs undersized squads. Never said he was perfect.

My issue is some people are crying about his PVP viability when he’s obviously very good for offense with just Wat. Being able to 2v5 most LS GL comps gives the SEE owner a ton of flexibility elsewhere. Who cares if SEE is bad for defense, when you can split up rest of the Sith/Empire toons into 3 other great endgame squads?

My guild and I don’t usually set JML for TW/GAC defense either, because a strong JML defense costs too much to be worthwhile. It is what it is. Otoh, JML-Wat doesn’t solo any other GL on offense, I can say confidently that much.

I’ve pointed out before that SEE has a very polarized kit and meta presence. Some of his downsides are very bad if he’s your only GL. But please don’t undersell his strengths!
This discussion has been closed.