Possible to get top 10?

Hornist
61 posts Member
edited January 2021
https://swgoh.gg/p/148319386/

Wondering how much, and in what ways I would need to develop my roster to get closer or into top 10 in arena/fleet

Nowhere near first GL, but i dont know what its like up there, so I have no idea if its feasible. Any advice is helpful.

(Side note, if anyone knows how I can get into shard chat, lmk)

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Go into squad arena and click the ranks button next to matches, you’ll see your top 50, if it’s full of GL’s which I’m assuming it is based on your own GP then the only way you’ll get top 10 is by getting a GL yourself. For Fleet if you don’t have negotiator or malevolence then your best bet is to relic your rebel fleet. Ackbar, Bistans U wing, Falcon, Biggs is the best starters with Cassians U wing and the other rebels for support
  • It is. Most accounts in top 50 have multiples for my shard. Ive been told by 'veteran players' that a GL is not necessary to get into top 10, so figured Id ask around anyway.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    What are you seeing in top 10 squads? If it is GLs, you should get a GL or GL counter.

For fleet, I would run your Negotiator or Malevolence instead of Home One. Wouldn’t hurt to relic some GR pilots.

As for shard chats, once you are reaching higher levels (top 50, top 20) message people with the in game chat. If you make the climb often, you’ll likely be asked.
  • Hornist wrote: »
    Ive been told by 'veteran players' that a GL is not necessary to get into top 10, so figured Id ask around anyway.
    I suggest you ask those "veteran players" how exactly you are supposed to beat all those GLs you are seeing to reach top 10 using what you have or could obtain in less time than it takes to farm a GL and without burning more crystals than you would gain.
  • Hornist
    61 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Hornist wrote: »
    Ive been told by 'veteran players' that a GL is not necessary to get into top 10, so figured Id ask around anyway.
    I suggest you ask those "veteran players" how exactly you are supposed to beat all those GLs you are seeing to reach top 10 using what you have or could obtain in less time than it takes to farm a GL and without burning more crystals than you would gain.

That's what I thought, but someone here basically called me an **** for not making top 10 consistently, so figured I'd find out how to do that. Thanks for the help so far y'all.
  • Well, children play the game too. A child would say that.
  • Hmm... at 4 million GP I would expect the top 25 people in your shard to have at least 2 GL, but this also depends on how old your shard is. When did you start?
  • Technically, Dec 2017, but I took a year off also, so an older shard than my progress also. Dx
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Ah, that will definitely make it harder. GL is the best route.