Bastilla + JML + Armourer + Wat = Invincible Wall?

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited January 2021
With the addition of the armourer and some theory crafting (not mine though ;p)

JML will be able to gain +200% bonus protection (from bast lead), 60%+ protection recovery (for each of his turns) and 100% counter chance, critical immunity (if they get the 3rd stack)

So on offence, you can easily get an immortal JML who will be able slowly kill all the enemies with counter attacks while increasing his max hp (max 20%)

And on defence you basically just have to hope the AI doesn’t prioritize JML ASAP because it’ll be pretty a rough battle for some teams.

Seems kinda broken to me offensively but what are your guys’ thoughts.

But I’m pretty confident SLKR & SEE can take it on O easily.
Post edited by SemiGod on

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ingot tech is random so AI might hand it out to Wat Tambor instead of JML

Stun Wat, and its easy pickings even if Armorer targets JML, there is no taunting mechanism once you stun wat so SLKR can still beat that lineup, although it will take some time to make up for the +50% defense ASSUMING the armorer gives it to JML
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Ultra wrote: »

Stun Wat, and its easy pickings even if Armorer targets JML, there is no taunting mechanism once you stun wat so SLKR can still beat that lineup, although it will take some time to make up for the +50% defense ASSUMING the armorer gives it to JML

Yeah on defence it shouldn’t be too big of an issue since they’d have to replace one of the characters (probably JKL or GAS) to sub in the armourer.
  • Ultra wrote: »

And if Armorer does target JML? A 20% chance to make a timeout team is still pretty high.

Also, if you play with mods and add chewie then you can prevent Wat from being stunned.
  • Why not to make Wat random too, btw? To remove those making-my-eyes-bleed Jedies+Wat combos?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited January 2021

And if Armorer does target JML? A 20% chance to make a timeout team is still pretty high.

Also, if you play with mods and add chewie then you can prevent Wat from being stunned.

I respect the theory crafting but I think chewie would make their damage output a bit too low and get them easily countered by the standard SLKR counter.

the other GLs however wouldn’t be too fond of it
  • SemiGod wrote: »

I respect the theory crafting but I think chewie would make their damage output a bit too low and get them easily countered by the standard SLKR counter.

the other GLs however wouldn’t be too fond of it

How much damage do you expect a timeout team to do? If it wins before 5:00 then it’s just a good defensive team.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    SemiGod wrote: »

the other 2 GLs however wouldn’t be too fond of it

How much damage do you expect a timeout team to do? If it wins before 5:00 then it’s just a good defensive team.

Mainly saying that for SLKR comps because DR & BSF (also maybe Han) will probably end up alive and help bring up the damage and eventually kill JML off.

Edit: Adding in SEE because I forgot about the ole boomer

The other GLs are pretty much screwed with that comp though
  • Who moved it in here, lol? Just in order not to have a wide discussion at General?

Anyway, have devs fixed the issue with Wat's buff regens of extra protection from Bast lead? Or just said "WAI"?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited January 2021

It's 33% chance to randomly make a timeout team. You're starting with a 4 person team per the OP (not 5) and I presume the armorer (like Wat) won't target herself first.

And the complaint about moving a discussion about character strategy to the character strategy section? Seriously? If you're still looking at "General", you're foruming wrong. "Discussions'. You're welcome.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

It's 33% chance to randomly make a timeout team. You're starting with a 4 person team per the OP (not 5) and I presume the armorer (like Wat) won't target herself first.

That's a good question. Can the armorer target herself?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

That's a good question. Can the armorer target herself?

Just reread the ability and it says target other ally, so I was wrong on my %.