Armorer kit reveal?

Replies

• This post aged well lol
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Honestly using a quote that more easily works as a "it doesn't matter what you think" than as some blanket denial of being a mandalorian is just awful. Boba was raised by a mandalorian. Trained by his father. Wears the symbol of his father's foster. Wears the mythosaur. Has his armour painted in ways that telegraphs meaning to other mandalorians. Who seemingly lives his life as jaster described the way and jango lived it (if that version of the way even exists in this timeleine anymore)

Like say you think the EU is no more.. that's fine. Say you want to see how the book of boba plays out or you want to keep the ambiguity of the character for the game. All perfectly understandable. But the reasoning used for denying the tag is nonsensical.

P.S.
    Give canderous his armour. Make it a skin or a rework or whatever mandalore the preserver deserves his armour.

Agreed.

Boba is a mandolorian because he was raised by one to be one. Whether the other mandolorians want to count him because hes clone doesnt matter.

But whatever.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Honestly using a quote that more easily works as a "it doesn't matter what you think" than as some blanket denial of being a mandalorian is just awful. Boba was raised by a mandalorian. Trained by his father. Wears the symbol of his father's foster. Wears the mythosaur. Has his armour painted in ways that telegraphs meaning to other mandalorians. Who seemingly lives his life as jaster described the way and jango lived it (if that version of the way even exists in this timeleine anymore)

Like say you think the EU is no more.. that's fine. Say you want to see how the book of boba plays out or you want to keep the ambiguity of the character for the game. All perfectly understandable. But the reasoning used for denying the tag is nonsensical.

P.S.
    Give canderous his armour. Make it a skin or a rework or whatever mandalore the preserver deserves his armour.

Agreed.

Boba is a mandolorian because he was raised by one to be one. Whether the other mandolorians want to count him because hes clone doesnt matter.

But whatever.

@CG_Doja_Fett this all the way.
  • They won't make the current boba a mando, they'll releaze a new boba that you can farm and spend money on, come on people, this is CGs "this is the way"

They won't, for the same reason. By their logic, no Boba's will be mando no matter if they release 15 or 50 more.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    They won't make the current boba a mando, they'll releaze a new boba that you can farm and spend money on, come on people, this is CGs "this is the way"

They won't, for the same reason. By their logic, no Boba's will be mando no matter if they release 15 or 50 more.

He's a foundling, just like mando is

Sorry, ypu're right, JANGO was the foundling, boba even said he wasn't a mando, my mistake

He merely implied he wasn't. Just like he implied he was when discussing the armor with Mando. His approach seems to be to say whatever suits him best at the moment. It is possible, however, that the question will be settled once and for all in either Mando s3 or Book of Boba Fett and someone at CG was told the answer beforehand.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    They won't make the current boba a mando, they'll releaze a new boba that you can farm and spend money on, come on people, this is CGs "this is the way"

He's a foundling, just like mando is

Sorry, ypu're right, JANGO was the foundling, boba even said he wasn't a mando, my mistake

He merely implied he wasn't. Just like he implied he was when discussing the armor with Mando. His approach seems to be to say whatever suits him best at the moment. It is possible, however, that the question will be settled once and for all in either Mando s3 or Book of Boba Fett and someone at CG was told the answer beforehand.

I get that, but what I dislike is that it says "Boost mandos and BESKAR wearing allies, correct if I'm wrong, but boba does in fact, wear beskar
    Beskar wearing allies refers to the status effect the Armorer gives out, in case it wasn't clear.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    It’s clear that Boba Fett doesn’t care about Mandalore.

In the EU, George Lucas have said that Jango and Boba are not Mandalorian. Its obvious that Disney has recon that Jango is a Mandalorian by birthright but since Boba is a clone he’s considered not a Mandalorian. Boba Fett clearly shows that he doesn’t care.

This may change in the future seasons, maybe. He came and helped The Mando to retake Mandalore and the others let Boba adopts the Mandalorian creed?
  • Boba being a Mandalorian could go either way, imho. He just said he never claimed to be one. Doesn't exactly imply that he claim to not be one either. He did get his armor back, by proving his lineage to Din. So I think that Boba will use the name Mandalorian to his advantage and if it doesn't suit his needs, he won't.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Point is Jango was and Boba is an exact copy of him that was raised by him learning mandolorian tactics.

To be completely honest... it doesnt matter....

To dive into lore though, Bokatan was being whatever one calls a clone hater in star wars universe. She basically told him his father wasnt really his father and that his life experience didnt count for anything.

The reality is, if Jango wasnt so well known and we werent talking 40+ years later... Boba could pass for him at a genetic level and knows all his tricks... hes just as much a Mandolorian as Jango was.

Book of Boba may follow crime boss Boba or perhaps he reveals he wants to be the leader of the Mandolorians.... too early to say.

@CG_Doja_Fett 's comments are furthering Bokatan's beliefs. Thats not necessarilly the end all statement on Boba or his status as it comes from a stand point of fear (he may be a strong rival that can beat her in single combat) and a statement the guy who was maul's puppet, Almac, said about jango's status....

Before Maul, Almac would have been a pacifist like Satine... which would make his statement more like a statement made by mandolorians seeking pacifist standings and neutrality in the war.

They would need to denounce a known seperatist as to not be drawn into support of his deeds.

But again... this is a game and apparently Boba synergy hurts something... otherwise they wouldnt worry about it
  • Did they say if this was a marquee? Or will you need to gear up all the other mando a for an unlock?
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Marquee Event. Quote from the developer insight:

Make The Armorer part of your tribe by unlocking her in the all new Marquee Event WAY OF THE MANDALORE!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Should I share my theory?

I’ll share my theory: To me, everything about Boba in the Mandalorian pointed toward him betraying Mando. I thought he was going to pull some epic stuff in Episode 8 that would complicate the plot, like being with Moff Gideon, and that Windu would be the Jedi so that he and Boba could have a rematch. I thought I saw that narrative choice coming from a mile away, but when it didn’t happen, I was genuinely surprised and confused. Moral of the story, I thought that Boba was definitely not a Mandalorian after that, but if Jango counts, I don’t see why Boba shouldn’t. He seems to hold just as much honor as his father.
  • yeah but the he's is a clone and not a mandalorian by birth
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    yeah but the he's is a clone and not a mandalorian by birth

Jango was a foundling, he wasn’t Mandalorian by birth. But Boba is his son, clone or not. So if Boba doesn’t count, neither would Mando’s kid if he ever had one.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Jango was a foundling, he wasn’t Mandalorian by birth. But Boba is his son, clone or not. So if Boba doesn’t count, neither would Mando’s kid if he ever had one.

By this logic, all the clones should get mando tags then.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I’ll share my theory: To me, everything about Boba in the Mandalorian pointed toward him betraying Mando. I thought he was going to pull some epic stuff in Episode 8 that would complicate the plot, like being with Moff Gideon, and that Windu would be the Jedi so that he and Boba could have a rematch. I thought I saw that narrative choice coming from a mile away, but when it didn’t happen, I was genuinely surprised and confused. Moral of the story, I thought that Boba was definitely not a Mandalorian after that, but if Jango counts, I don’t see why Boba shouldn’t. He seems to hold just as much honor as his father.

On that last point, if you are not from the planet, to be a Mandalorian you need to be following the creed.

Him showing that the armor was his fathers got him the armor.

But without following the creed I dont see how honor would make him a Mandalorian.

I can teach my son everything I learned when becoming an engineer, it doesnt make him an engineer.

I know he did cross paths and get taught the ways when he was younger, but that seemed to be him learning skills to survive in the underworld, not due to any commitment to the people/culture/creed, or even his father, which is what IMHO would be needed to be considered for the Mandalorian title.

So I can see why he didnt get the tag in game, but there is and can be a long debate on this topic, since there is a lot to unpack in his history.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Boba is different from the other clones. Biologically they are all clones, but Boba is Jango’s son. It’s one of the many ways that George Lucas puts an emphasis on family and its many forms.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Were the clones trained in the ways of Mandalore? If so, yes they could be considered Mandalorian.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

On that last point, if you are not from the planet, to be a Mandalorian you need to be following the creed.

But without following the creed I dont see how honor would make him a Mandalorian.

I can teach my son everything I learned when becoming an engineer, it doesnt make him an engineer.

I know he did cross paths and get taught the ways when he was younger, but that seemed to be him learning skills to survive in the underworld, not due to any commitment to the people/culture/creed, or even his father, which is what IMHO would be needed to be considered for the Mandalorian title.

So I can see why he didnt get the tag in game, but there is and can be a long debate on this topic, since there is a lot to unpack in his history.

Then why did Jango get the tag? He could be a foundling, but it didn’t look like he was actively following the creed of any Mandalorian group. If it was the same extremist group that Mando is a part of, then Jango would have shown he wasn’t following the creed the minute he removed his mask. I think that if one of them gets the tag, they both should. No offense intended Kyno, but I think that Mandalorians function differently than engineers in the sense that it’s part of your identity, not your profession. If it was part of your profession, it would probably limit Jango and Mando from being bounty hunters.

But you’re right, this probably will spawn lots of debate, as both sides have an argument to make.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Oh oh oh, this brings up an old debate I had somewhere on the forums about Jedi.
    So, by your logic Kyno, do you think that Luke is a Jedi before his restarts the Order. By the time Luke comes around, the Jedi order is gone, so the way to become a Jedi is gone. Just because Yoda teaches him some stuff, that doesn’t mean he’s a Jedi, just as your son wouldn’t be an engineer.

But anyway, back in topic. I agree with your assessment of Boba...and by the looks of The Book of Boba Fett, he won’t be acting in the mando way anytime soon...but who knows.

Oh oh oh, this brings up an old debate I had somewhere on the forums about Jedi.
    So, by your logic Kyno, do you think that Luke is a Jedi before his restarts the Order. By the time Luke comes around, the Jedi order is gone, so the way to become a Jedi is gone. Just because Yoda teaches him some stuff, that doesn’t mean he’s a Jedi, just as your son wouldn’t be an engineer.

But anyway, back in topic. I agree with your assessment of Boba...and by the looks of The Book of Boba Fett, he won’t be acting in the mando way anytime soon...but who knows.

IIRC, they said that Mando, Ahsoka and Boba will all converge at one point in the future. So with independent shows, I doubt they will interact much, if not at all until that point.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

IIRC, they said that Mando, Ahsoka and Boba will all converge at one point in the future. So with independent shows, I doubt they will interact much, if not at all until that point.

I dunno, I see them maybe getting the Chicago Med/fire/PD treatment. Crossovers are all the rage.

Luke's Jedi trial was confronting Darth Vader. He completed his training, as basic as it was.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Then why did Jango get the tag? He could be a foundling, but it didn’t look like he was actively following the creed of any Mandalorian group. If it was the same extremist group that Mando is a part of, then Jango would have shown he wasn’t following the creed the minute he removed his mask. I think that if one of them gets the tag, they both should. No offense intended Kyno, but I think that Mandalorians function differently than engineers in the sense that it’s part of your identity, not your profession. If it was part of your profession, it would probably limit Jango and Mando from being bounty hunters.

But you’re right, this probably will spawn lots of debate, as both sides have an argument to make.

Jengo was a foundling who presumably followed learned the creed, and followed that when he was a part of it as part of his belief or "who he was" at least at some point. Boba did not, or maybe I'm wrong on that, but his commitment seemed to be to himself and his life in the underworld he was a part of.

My point about the engineering is that learning the knowledge vs showing commitment to the path are different things.

He was following his path to become a jedi based on his beliefs, so yes he was a jedi, or on the path to be.

And there is the difference I was talking about, he wasnt learning from Yoda, just to learn skills (like I believe boba was), he was learning and building his knowledge to follow the path of belief, and therefore became a Jedi.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Luke's Jedi trial was confronting Darth Vader. He completed his training, as basic as it was.

No no good sir. There were steps to becoming a Jedi...and those steps went away with the fall of the Jedi Order. Did Luke find his Kyber crystal? Nope. Did Luke pass the Jedi initiate Trials? Nope. Did Luke know any of the Jedi code? Nope. As Kyno stated above, just because he teaches his son all the ways of an engineer, that does not make his son an engineer.

I believe that Luke became a Jedi after he gathered the Jedi texts learned from them and restarted the Jedi Order.