Looking for a bit of feedback please :)

Hello there!

I’ve been playing for little over a few months now. I play every day for about an hour overall and I thoroughly enjoy the game. Problem is, when I started I went a little fan boy when chasing shards. I’m a big fan of the PT/CW era, so I put all my focus into a galactic republic team.

p2iye3poc1bv.png

I’m aware now that Phoenix Squad would have been a better introductory team for me, but I believe I’m a little late to shift focus. I’m level 69 and my GR team is mostly gear level 8 with the exception of Mace/Ahsoka(she’s almost there). I plan on replacing Mace with GK when I find a guild to support with obtaining him. I’ll swap JC with either Luminara or Bariss and maybe find a way to incorporate Padme in to the team(possibly removing GM yoda).

The areas I’m struggling most with are Arena and Galactic War. As long as I choose my opponent wisely in arena I’ll manage ok, but most of the time the matchups are incredibly difficult for me to overcome. I know this should change with time and having the right team is key.

What’s more of an issue is Galactic War. I use to do well at lower level, sometimes even getting to the final battle and narrowly missing out. However recently it’s become very challenging—I’m lucky to make it past stage 3/4. Today was the point where I decided I needed to ask for help though. The first battle was against Dooku/separatist team. I did defeat them however not without losing most of my team and chance at progressing further. Dooku seemed to get what felt like infinite turn meter and I had no way to counter.

What I’m hoping to find out is where I’ve went wrong in GW and if I’m right to pursue a GR team/or if I should re-evaluate? I understand where I’ve went wrong but have no idea how to fix it. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Don’t get me wrong here I’m not complaining. I adore the game and it wouldn’t be as fun without the grind/challenges. Just looking for a bit of friendly advice :)

Replies

• Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Your in the way to it, so if you don’t want to swap focus, stay gr, but don’t ‘try’ and incorporate padme, make her your focus and get her as your lead ASAP..

Padme, snips, jka, gmy +1 (barris is good till you can replace her with gk).. is a superb team.

R.e GW it gets harder the higher you get in the game, you need 3/4+ squads to clear it when you get to a certain point. Don’t worry, it will get easier and it’s not the be all and end all.
  • Thanks for your response/advice, that was very prompt!

So keep focus on GR team and Padme lead. Knowing GW will eventually be easier is good to know too, thanks.

Just wondering if it’s safe to run a team without a healer in arena once I switch Bariss for GK?
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    GR is a good team with Padme (and Shaak Ti or General Skywalker and Clones), and also good for ships under Kenobi.

If you're running all Jedi, Kanan is probably a good choice for a tank until you get GK. He will get Jedi benefits from lead, you will also want him around g8 for Thrawn anyway.

There's no reason to wait to get into a guild doing Heroic tank; if you post in the recruitment section you might have luck with a guild that has a tank on farm and will take you just for the tickets.
  • KyberNite
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Oh, I wasn’t sure I’d be able to find a guild to take me at this point but I’ll try the recruitment section then. I’m currently in the starter guild, would you recommend completing this first?

I’ve got Kanan on gear 6 currently and working on gear 8 / 7* to help finish with GM Yoda. So should be able to swap him for mace pretty quickly.

Thank you!
  • KyberNite wrote: »
    Oh, I wasn’t sure I’d be able to find a guild to take me at this point but I’ll try the recruitment section then. I’m currently in the starter guild, would you recommend completing this first?

I’ve got Kanan on gear 6 currently and working on gear 8 / 7* to help finish with GM Yoda. So should be able to swap him for mace pretty quickly.

Thank you!

I'd suggest getting out of starter guilds immediately!! They are pure trash.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

Thank you!

Get into a real guild asap. I would also look for one that does hstr. There are guilds out there that accept new players with little more req than spending enough energy a day to generate 600 raid tickets. That only takes about one energy refresh a day which is the most cost efficient way to use crystals anyway.
  • As far as team comps go, I would suggest farming Bastilla and jolee from hard nodes.

Even with a 3 star Bastilla, she will make your jedi exponentially better and that is a fix that can be implemented quickly.

Longterm, you can farm geos (they are good in fleet and needed for geo tb anyway) for padme for a good gr team.

You could add also go for Phoenix for thrawn and ep while you run Bastilla lead. Bastilla lead is better than actually running Phoenix so no need to actually use Phoenix in arena or gw.

I would also suggest going for jedi revan if you farm Bastilla and jolee for a jedi team. Jkr, Bastilla, jolee, gmy, and gk is a great team and probably the easiest to get with what you have.

Going Phoenix to empire is also fine but from where you're at going Bastilla to either a padme or a jkr lead would be the paths of least resistance for you.
  • Hey, thanks for the advice. I actually unlocked the Bastilla node recently at 3* so I could easily farm with sims. Jkr looks like it’ll take me some time to unlock but based on what you’ve said and what I’ve read he’s definitely a strong option on most teams. So worth building towards!

I’ve got most of pheonix and just lack Hera/Sabine. I’ll probably only use them for Thrawn and EP though.

Thanks dude
    Hey, thanks for the advice. I actually unlocked the Bastilla node recently at 3* so I could easily farm with sims. Jkr looks like it’ll take me some time to unlock but based on what you’ve said and what I’ve read he’s definitely a strong option on most teams. So worth building towards!

I’ve got most of pheonix and just lack Hera/Sabine. I’ll probably only use them for Thrawn and EP though.

Thanks dude

If you are doing Phoenix, Hera is needed, Sabine isn't. Sabine may be helpful though for Phantom II.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • At your point, especially since you're a fan of the Galactic Republic faction, I would get a Geonosian team. They are a great team (also from the PT) and are fun to use. But most importantly, they can unlock Padme Amidala, who leads one of the best teams in the game.

You already have a great start on a Padme team, with JKA, Ahsoka and Yoda. I highly recommend getting this team.
  • Ah, I’ve half built a separatist team in advance for Padme. Just cause I already have Dooku, Assaj, GS and IG-100. I was going to then aim for Jango since he’s got so many tags and I can use him in heists.

Should I continue with this/will I struggle to get Padme or would I still be better to build a geonosian team instead?
    Hey, thanks for the advice. I actually unlocked the Bastilla node recently at 3* so I could easily farm with sims. Jkr looks like it’ll take me some time to unlock but based on what you’ve said and what I’ve read he’s definitely a strong option on most teams. So worth building towards!

Thanks dude

If you are doing Phoenix, Hera is needed, Sabine isn't. Sabine may be helpful though for Phantom II.

Perfect, thought as much! Unlocked Hera yesterday when weighing up the options it seemed I’d benefit more from her leader ability