37%+ Phase 2 Challenge Rancor Guide!

The first of several Challenge Rancor guides coming over the next couple of weeks. 37%+ in Phase 2! https://youtu.be/pdvR9haidsI

Replies

• While I appreciate you, the videos and the tips, this just shows that CG's attempt to limit GLs and raid solos (or near solos) was an abject failure. And that the horrible stacking mechanic was a waste of everyone's time. And apparently, that they didn't test the only character that could solo the Hsith raid. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    While I appreciate you, the videos and the tips, this just shows that CG's attempt to limit GLs and raid solos (or near solos) was an abject failure.
    How so? The leap from 37% to 100% is not 1-2 relic levels, maybe not even 5. And while P2-3 can be bridged on theory with the same team if we ever get to soloing a phase, P1 requires a different supporting cast and P4 a different team entirely.
    While I appreciate you, the videos and the tips, this just shows that CG's attempt to limit GLs and raid solos (or near solos) was an abject failure.
    How so? The leap from 37% to 100% is not 1-2 relic levels, maybe not even 5. And while P2-3 can be bridged on theory with the same team if we ever get to soloing a phase, P1 requires a different supporting cast and P4 a different team entirely.

Sorry - my frustration wasn't well explained. It's really several issues regarding the raid, GL performance, guild friction (which CG claims to be trying to avoid), etc. all rolled into this mess.

First off, you are correct. 37% - even if you could push it to 40-50% with r8 or perfect rng isn't near a solo. But coordinating 2-3 active players in a phase is much easier than 10-12 (for phase 1) or 40+ for phase 4.

Second, regarding guild friction - who gets to be the half dozen or so who will automatically finish top 10 with those 35%+ phase 2 and phase 3 runs? Who decides? Guild leaders? Timing? So much for reducing guild friction.

Third, if it were any other of the GLs it might still be acceptable. For example, if it were SEE that could do 35%+, while all other GL were limited to 5-10%, one could rationalize "Okay, SLKR can solo Sith, Rey and JML can hold their own in arena and help with the harder TB" - but that's not the case at all. The best GL of the four is now even better. SLKR, by virtue of the fact that he can guarantee a top 10 finish in ReRancor now too, just, in effect got "buffed"....again. He's now even better comparatively than the other GLs.

Finally, it is presumed that the entire stacking mechanism was to stop massive damage runs by a single GL. This shows that CGs primary goal with this terrible mechanic was a complete failure. While not a surprise, it is frustrating.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    How so? The leap from 37% to 100% is not 1-2 relic levels, maybe not even 5.

SLKR has non-linear damage staking, so even not-so-big changes could have very drastic effects in the end. The another relic level here, new toon there (I wonder how much Armorer could boost the survivability of the team) - and oops, another SLKR solo, rendering other toons useless. Even phase solo is enough.