What’s the MODer with protection?

Dahly_lama4
122 posts Member
edited January 2021
When upgrading from a 5 dot to a 6 dot mod their is a small but decent bump to the primary stat on a Mod with the exception being protection it only bumps up 0.5% is there any particular reason for such a small boost everything else seems to fall in a 3-9% increase range

if I had a base of 50,000 protection the 0.5% increase is a whopping 250 extra hit points not that exciting for what I pay in gear.

Anyone know the answer to why this is?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Because prot modd used to be the only thing used and they wanted to balance it more between health and prot
  • Why not give it a lower amount at 5 dot like 18 or 20% so that the jump to 6 dots and 24% means something more in line with the boost the other mods get?
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Why not give it a lower amount at 5 dot like 18 or 20% so that the jump to 6 dots and 24% means something more in line with the boost the other mods get?

Because 6 dot mods are pretty new compared to 5 and remodelling existing mods will end in a sithstorm.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • A follow-up question. I tend to not take circle protection mods to 6 dots coz of only the 0.5 bump in protection %. However, with further slicing possible, should I start taking such circle mods to 6 dots or upgrade other types of mods first. Thanks
  • SithAmer wrote: »
    A follow-up question. I tend to not take circle protection mods to 6 dots coz of only the 0.5 bump in protection %. However, with further slicing possible, should I start taking such circle mods to 6 dots or upgrade other types of mods first. Thanks
    I would only consider that for a mod with an excellent set of secondaries for which you have found the ideal home.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    SithAmer wrote: »
    A follow-up question. I tend to not take circle protection mods to 6 dots coz of only the 0.5 bump in protection %. However, with further slicing possible, should I start taking such circle mods to 6 dots or upgrade other types of mods first. Thanks
    I would only consider that for a mod with an excellent set of secondaries for which you have found the ideal home.

I agree fully with this resource allocation.

I find crosses, triangles, and arrows are by far the superior mods to being to 6e and beyond
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    SithAmer wrote: »

I agree fully with this resource allocation.

I find crosses, triangles, and arrows are by far the superior mods to being to 6e and beyond

The offense boost for attackers is nothing to sneeze at.