New Year, Old Traditions

Prev1
Ultra
11449 posts Moderator
Can we get another Developer Q&A with the whole team just answering any and all questions thrown at them by the community at large at a specific time?

I do appreciate Doja and everything he's posting but the questions he's answering these days are different than you can ask during Q&As, and those sessions are always a great time in the community (plenty to discuss and digest, and have some good fun)

Replies

• that would be nice (really)
  • Nah
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I would say Doja has something in the works, but at this point I have said this enough that even I dont believe it.

(Yes its true, but we can wait until we see it.)
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    I would say Doja has something in the works, but at this point I have said this enough that even I dont believe it.

I was about to say that something has been in the works for half a year now lmao
  • Q&A's cant be monetized
  • MikKro wrote: »
    Q&A's cant be monetized
    Too expansive..
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Technical limitations
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Wow...CG, you know you messed up when Kyno is saying this. Quit lying to the man!
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Wow...CG, you know you messed up when Kyno is saying this. Quit lying to the man!

Doubt it's lies, just lower on the priority list.

Q&A's were ok but the format could be better. Maybe they could do a round table with a couple of the popular YouTubers. Get each YouTuber to collect questions from their respective communities then send a shortlist of the most popular ones to CG in advance so they are prepared.

I'd be keen to tune into that.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Q&A's were ok but the format could be better. Maybe they could do a round table with a couple of the popular YouTubers. Get each YouTuber to collect questions from their respective communities then send a shortlist of the most popular ones to CG in advance so they are prepared.

YouTuber questions are always boring and they play safe to get further exclusives,

and I don't see why you want to limit the freedom of anyone being able to ask a question with having the same importance to their question as the next person to select hand few who decide which questions are good enough to ask
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

YouTuber questions are always boring and they play safe to get further exclusives,

and I don't see why you want to limit the freedom of anyone being able to ask a question with having the same importance to their question as the next person to select hand few who decide which questions are good enough to ask

It’s no different when CG picks and chooses which question to answer, both have the same outcome, but I would like to see CG use the youtubers/twitchers some....GWR has has their fun in the double suns for far to long. Spread the love.

And CG, be honest. If you never plan another Q&A again, just say so....stop stringing everyone along about it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Also, @CG_SBCrumb please make a puzzle for the next set of GLs

Another tradition i'd love to see in the new year :smile:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It’s no different when CG picks and chooses which question to answer, both have the same outcome, but I would like to see CG use the youtubers/twitchers some....GWR has has their fun in the double suns for far to long. Spread the love.

And CG, be honest. If you never plan another Q&A again, just say so....stop stringing everyone along about it.

Yes they plan on doing another QA.

Yes it will be just as hated as it was before no matter the format or any other changes they could make.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Yes it will be just as hated as it was before no matter the format or any other changes they could make.

Wow Kyno that was rather...well not sure what to say but surprised.

I disagree, I think many would appreciate it if they took some difficult questions instead of only taking softball questions.

Then one qa in particular i remember them answering hard questions and essentially said no to the majority of things the community was wanting. Some of which went against what they had previously hinted such as the mace windu rework. They coupled that with basically no specifics about what they WERE doing.

So have an open and honest qa that does more than highlight the art department and only answer simple questions that paint them in an extremely positive light. Additionally when you tell us no, and essentially say you can't be bothered to do these things the community wants, be open regarding what you ARE doing instead.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I disagree, I think many would appreciate it if they took some difficult questions instead of only taking softball questions.

Then one qa in particular i remember them answering hard questions and essentially said no to the majority of things the community was wanting. Some of which went against what they had previously hinted such as the mace windu rework. They coupled that with basically no specifics about what they WERE doing.

So have an open and honest qa that does more than highlight the art department and only answer simple questions that paint them in an extremely positive light. Additionally when you tell us no, and essentially say you can't be bothered to do these things the community wants, be open regarding what you ARE doing instead.

And they will never be able to meet these types of requirements in QA, for various reasons, and even if they get close, others will hate on it for other reasons. This is all fine and good, but I stand by my previous statement.
  • Easy to hate on a company that treats its player base like second class citizens

You might want to consider an alt forum account if you want to be so argumentative.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Shiryu wrote: »
    Easy to hate on a company that treats its player base like second class citizens

i feel treated like a first class citizen
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Easy to hate on a company that treats its player base like second class citizens

What is it they say about bliss???
  • IronCross wrote: »

What is it they say about bliss???

Blessed are the second class citizens?
  • Shiryu wrote: »

Heck! I'd be happy to be shipped second class.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Then the Q&A is just another example of how CG couldn't care less about the community. A Q&A has been requested here on the forums quite a lot over the last 7 months that we have not had one.....we should of have 7 by now. They have yet to even say anything about why they went back on one a month...just silence...and continued silence even though the community is asking and has been asking. I think they are straight-up lying to you Kyno. "Just tell em we are planning on one" is the same thing as " the check is in the mail"....a big pile of bantha poo doo.

I do agree that it will be hated like the last one...thats ANOTHER example of a disconnected dev team to its community....

And they will never be able to meet these types of requirements in QA, for various reasons, and even if they get close, others will hate on it for other reasons. This is all fine and good, but I stand by my previous statement.

They can't answer questions other than merely softballs and they can't be open about the direction they're moving? That sounds like an issue on their end, those are completely reasonable expectations.

Saying some will hate it if they have something resemble this is an empty statement. It's impossible to please everybody, we all know this, so stating this is in effect stating nothing, and is not in any way a reason for doing or not doing something
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Speaking of which, when are we getting more KOTOR 2 characters?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Eweff wrote: »

they can never comment on character releases, so its not worth asking
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member

Hmm... that sounds like you’re confirming we’ll see Kreia and Bao-Dur added soon.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member

Hmm... that sounds like you’re confirming we’ll see Kreia and Bao-Dur added soon.

Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Except for Porkins, and that one was a hard no. RIP.