GA matchmaking. How’s this possible?

Bayaz
4 posts Member
edited February 2021
How and why am I, a player with 4.7m GP with no GL and only malevolence unlocked (5star) get matched up against a 5.5 mil, fully upgraded relic 7 GL rey who has 6 star malevolence and 7 star negotiator....

How does this happen???
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Bayaz wrote: »
    How and why am I, a player with 4.7m GP with no GL and only malevolence unlocked (5star) get matched up against a 5.5 mil, fully upgraded relic 7 GL rey who has 6 star malevolence and 7 star negotiator....

How does this happen???
    Because the matchmaker considers the combined GP of the top {x} characters and ships for each player, not the whole roster.

And because you have apparently relic'd / zeta'd a lot of characters without having a GL to show for it.

How do you get to 4.7m GP and not know how GAC matchmaking works?
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Your top 80 characters are near their top 80 characters.

I recently unlocked JML so I have a bit better balance now, but before I did I was often facing 1M GP disadvantage as well (GLs etc). I still do face those GP discrepancies, but my top 80 are typically good enough or at least close. Top heavy rosters will face top heavy rosters.

Basically without seeing your roster, I could gather that you likely have at least 30 relics and around 80+ zetas.
  • Unspokenname
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    h
  • I know matchmaking sucks for ppl with no Gl I invested in 1 as soon as I started playing I'm at 2.3 Gp R8 Slkr div 5 only got a year in and unlocked home 2 months ago it's just based on your top 60 roster
  • Matchmaking sucks anyway - eat it up and ignore each round you are paired insanely biasedly. And cherish the rounds you win vs difference anyway due some reason.
    This is NOT going to be fixed. Tons of ways to make pairings more balanced, it is the willingness to do change.

I've seen my GAC pairings that some had no GL, I have 1 (almost 2) and some had 2. Almost GL is huge boost to GP without getting as much out of it.. Wonder what it is when you are 2 GL behind.
    Gp is just trash as pairing. And worst is that they cant even show your GAC pairing rating to make it look like this is "good", would be minimum to show your GAC power. If you don't want to min max your GAC pairing rating you are messed. until all trash toon drop out of counting.
    Note that fleets you have max 4 caps + 28 ships counted where you don't need reinforces. Clearing is quite certain anyway. It would be ultimately best to have just 2 or max 3 reinforces for each of the 4 caps to drop your GP. With toons its too hard to not have lesser ships. Specially when biggest ship is over 80k, if you have invested in ships your GAC GP bloats. My 32nd ship is worth 46k which is more than anything but Rey. So with optimization you could have 4-8*45k extra beef on toons or 250kish boost spread around 66 (3vs3) or 70 (5vs5) toons.

Yes, GL can be countered with right squad or squads - its just that GL gives 50k GP and its worth 100k to 300k. Being behind 1 GL leaves same counters for non GL teams for opponent and that makes a match pretty certainly.

-D
  • Yes, GL can be countered with right squad or squads - its just that GL gives 50k GP and its worth 100k to 300k. Being behind 1 GL leaves same counters for non GL teams for opponent and that makes a match pretty certainly.
    Funny you should mention that because my GP cost for SLKR is right about 300k in prerequisites (not counting the ship GP) + 50k for the toon himself.

• I agree the matchmaking is rubbish. My last two GA
    matches have seen me outmatched by 400k + GP. Either make new GA divisions or don’t have matchups with such massive disparities in GP. They do the same with TW for fairness it should be done on GA too.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Hando76 wrote: »
    I agree the matchmaking is rubbish. My last two GA
    matches have seen me outmatched by 400k + GP. Either make new GA divisions or don’t have matchups with such massive disparities in GP. They do the same with TW for fairness it should be done on GA too.

TW matchmaking is more broken than GAC matchmaking imo. I face 1M GP differences in GAC often, but my top roster can beat their top roster.

For TW, yes you are matched on GP but not on number of players. You can have 25 whales vs 45 middle players often. This is more unfair than GAC matchmaking.
  • Hando76 wrote: »
    I agree the matchmaking is rubbish. My last two GA
    My previous opponent had 700k more GP than me and I full cleared him while he only managed to break one of my four zones.

My current opponent only has 400k more but his roster is much stronger and he knows how to use it in GAC. I won again but it was a close match with both sides full-cleared and just 15 points between us.

TLDR: It's not the GP but how you use it.