Lucasfilms Games [MERGE]

2Next

Replies

• Well I’m just happy there will be Star Wars games that are not from EA. And sure, having competition should improve what EA puts out, but honestly they are dead to me for what they have done to the Star Wars franchise. I’m so salty that whenever I’m looking at games; if I see EA, I walk away.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Xitarus wrote: »
    Well I’m just happy there will be Star Wars games that are not from EA. And sure, having competition should improve what EA puts out, but honestly they are dead to me for what they have done to the Star Wars franchise. I’m so salty that whenever I’m looking at games; if I see EA, I walk away.

Jedi Fallen Order is worth playing. Squadrons is good too.
  • Coolnessda
    273 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    So I was just on youtube a few minutes ago and there was a video claiming EA has apparently lost its contract with star wars and brought up something about galaxy of heroes. The conversation was about how more companies could now begin working on star wars content and something about a new game in the works but I was concerned as to what this meant for galaxy of heroes
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • More healthy competition is good for business.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Doesn’t mean anything. EA have lost their exclusivity that’s all. It just means other studios will be making Star Wars games as well such as Ubisoft with the open world game that was announced. This game will still be here, probably for a good few years yet
  • Ok I was a little worried but then again this could be a good thing if this means more new content.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    LoL CG hasn’t made any new content other than characters and packs for almost 2 years now. Don’t get yours hopes up.

Demonstrably false as always.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    LoL CG hasn’t made any new content other than characters and packs for almost 2 years now. Don’t get yours hopes up.

Except Geo TB. And the Scavenger. And Galactic Challenges. And Challenge Rancor.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Jarvind wrote: »

Except Geo TB. And the Scavenger. And Galactic Challenges. And Challenge Rancor.

To be fair challenge rancor is just the old rancor with slight tweaks. Labeling that as new content is a stretch.

Its like a new tier in assault battle.... the difficulty is ramped and preload turn meter is added.... most wont call it new content.

Perhaps recycled content... but not new
  • Of course it's doomed. The game is doomed, the sun is doomed, you and I are doomed. Everything ends eventually. What, you expect people to be playing Galaxy of Heroes in 2051?

That said, if the game ended tomorrow it would have been a resounding success. Five years, hundreds of millions of dollars, millions of players, thousands of players that have played the whole time. By any stretch of the imagination that's a success.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    giphy.gif
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    No, SWGOH will last centuries! It is the only constant in our ever-changing world!
  • NicWester wrote: »
    What, you expect people to be playing Galaxy of Heroes in 2051?

Actually, with the amount of money this game makes and the eternization of the SW franchise by Disney, I kinda do.

• I would like to play Devils advocate on the topic of "new characters aren't new content" statement.

I unlocked my first GL, Rey a couple months ago. The ticket system and rock paper scissors suck. Just want to say that. However, the final tier took time to work through and figure out. Hence, at that time it was content.

That isn't my argument though. Once Rey was reliced, I switched up my arena team and began the process of figuring out which squads I could beat with which team compositions. As new characters are introduced new compositions are formed and more theory crafting occurs.

The past two months has been an enjoyable arena experience. I imagine it will get stale, but by then hopefully I have my next GL to spice things up again.

This is a collection game and so playing around with different squads is where many people get their enjoyment. So, yes new toons are new content.

Back to this threads topic. I don't think this game is done. With GL and challenge rancor theory crafting this game is proving to be the most enjoyable for since I started playing.

Finished. Go ahead, label me a CG apologist, and skewer me!
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    This is a collection game and so playing around with different squads is where many people get their enjoyment. So, yes new toons are new content.

I beg to differ. New toons may bring new fun to old content but it's never new content.
    So for this i hope there will be tons of real new content to come, EA now has to show what they are able to do. I guess they know that for some time now which is the reason they made the whole new structure to build new things. They know they have to deliver to stay relevant and for what i know of them they're not going to leave anytime soon but pick up the fight.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Not because the loss of exclusivity, but EA will announce a whole lot of new stuff this year. That might include the new CG game that was talked about a while ago. It might be nothing, but it might also mean resources diverted from SWGOH, or even SWGOH II. Of course, we know next to nothing so far.
    My original post with a link to the info got stuck "waiting for approval", so thank the forum policies and google it yourselves.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    The last bit of proper content we had was geo tb.

Incorrect.

I guess you can hide behind your definition of proper but you're still incorrect.