Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    Adamklark wrote: »
    I don't know how to explain this further so I give up, problem is encapsulated in your last sentences. they lock things behind paywall requirements. do you think this is okay? (you mix the two things together, I separate them)

It's not a paywall, I have 60k crystals and could have used them to have MBA by now if I wanted.

With that said, this game has *always* given spenders an early advantage. It's so funny to me how people keep being shocked by it.

The phrase early advantage is the problem with your logic. Because it implies that beskar mando feats will be around consistently from now on (we all know they won't be). They're going to keep shifting to a new toon you must pay to unlock in some fashion, so F2Ps will struggle to achieve it. This isn't something where the rest of the player base can "catch up" to the P2Ps. They're always going to be behind because the gate is going to change.

Most of these arguments in favor of this arrangement seem to overlook the fact that this month's Beskar Mando feats won't feature Beskar Mando in February. In March. In April. In May. Every single one I've read is "well f2p will get there eventually so this is okay". No they won't. That's because CG has opted to paywall it.

Congratulations on your 60k crystal hoard. I certainly do not have that many crystals, and I know of no one that does. Just because you have that many, doesn't mean everyone else does or can even hoard that amount.
  • Man, talk about spoilers for season 3 of mando. Did you know he's now secretly a jedi? Must be, since he's a feat for a jedi-centric galactic challenge. Seriously, these feats are a joke. Might as well not have a specific faction as the focus. Just waiting now for CG to give us the feat "solo the phase with R8 CUP". Might as well since their feats don't care about their own theme. Next, we'll get a death star raid that gives special bonuses to old republic, because, ya know, revan was in the background the whole time. That wasn't the falcon saving Luke, turns out it was the ebon hawk. 😉
  • What the HELL CG? why is it that you keep robbing people of rewards because we didn't go out and spend £600 on unlocking everything for BESKAR???? -

We have another Galatic Challenge today which is for the JEDI, NOTHING todo with Mandalorian and we need BESKAR to unlock the full rewards?????????????

Where is the logic in that???

Honesty putting a spending freeze on this game as of now until we see an end to this madness.
  • LeeB
    56 posts Member
    They need the $$$ 😂
  • BUT we have like 2 DAYS - NO ONE in their right mind is going to SPEND the best part of £1000 just to level up everything they need to unlock this FEAT for a handful of MOD gear - It's completely nonsensical.
  • LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    Gated requirements for GC (for maximum rewards) and gated requirements (r5) for the 'challenge' pit raid, oh, and LSTB still being an absolute nightmare if you haven't got the GLs and JML. Can us non whale and kraken players catch a break?
    Pointing out the obvious but you don't even need to be a light spender, let alone a whale, to have Rey and JML at this point.
  • BUT we have like 2 DAYS - NO ONE in their right mind is going to SPEND the best part of £1000 just to level up everything they need to unlock this FEAT for a handful of MOD gear - It's completely nonsensical.
    I used to watch cubs, but since he whales so much now he isn't ftp friendly.
    You can keep watching Cubs. With all the whaling he will soon be able to compete with some casual F2Ps.
    You can keep watching Cubs. With all the whaling he will soon be able to compete with some casual F2Ps.

oof
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I can suggest 2 you want URZZZ and DBofficial125 -FTP content Youtubers
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    There's 2 more GC's with mando feat in January. Enjoy
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I can suggest 2 you want URZZZ and DBofficial125 -FTP content Youtubers
    Before Bando: 1 GC a week

After Bando: 2 GCs per week, 1 of which you don’t get full rewards, but you still get more than you did before.

Forum: “stop robbing me of rewards”
  • Did you not see the announcement that it's going to last through January? And do you not realize that half isn't every?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    I don't know how to explain this further so I give up, problem is encapsulated in your last sentences. they lock things behind paywall requirements. do you think this is okay? (you mix the two things together, I separate them)

regardless how much you spend in this game.
    were they forced to give this extra feat after increasing the frequency just to show they don't care about improvements and good communication? :|
    I guess it’s one of those agree to disagree scenarios.

They’ve made a change that gives everyone more and spenders a little more on top. Surely we all agree they have to provide some incentive for people to spend? Otherwise there’s no spending, which means no game.

Would you rather we all got less? Serious question.

I like the fact I can slice 7 6E to 6D every 2 weeks compared to 4 every 2 weeks before. The fact that spenders can slice 8 compared to my 7 just doesn’t bother me.

how many ppl are spending for GC feats? Really? How many ppl went "ooh i better drop $50+ bucks to unlock Mando for this GC feat so I get the red box!" Ppl who have beskar mando unlocked, got him not because of GC. That's a very safe assumption to make.

I dunno about others but I'm farming them full as f2p to catch gc rewards last 2 bam weeks of january and hopefully the rewards will continue. So completely flipped due this reward.

l2ggwfkducod.png

LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    Gated requirements for GC (for maximum rewards) and gated requirements (r5) for the 'challenge' pit raid, oh, and LSTB still being an absolute nightmare if you haven't got the GLs and JML. Can us non whale and kraken players catch a break?
    Pointing out the obvious but you don't even need to be a light spender, let alone a whale, to have Rey and JML at this point.

Absolute nonsense. You do realise people started playing this game at different times and aren't whaling? The whole "at this point" or you have no excuses argument is pathetic and frankly insulting.

New players shouldn't expect to get everything for free
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    BUT we have like 2 DAYS - NO ONE in their right mind is going to SPEND the best part of £1000 just to level up everything they need to unlock this FEAT for a handful of MOD gear - It's completely nonsensical.

I wish i could pin this comment
  • It would appear beskar mando is now the only critical addition to every faction, not cool

My opinion is Beskar Mando will be a central requirement in a future update, but the persistent requirement to use him for GCs is a complete and total gut shot..

Instead of REQUIRING for the GC feats, the same ‘CG recommends you build ASAP messaging’ could be achieved by adding him to the feat conditional requirements.

For example, defeat with a ‘squad of full Jedi’ could be ‘squad of full Jedi or 4 Jedi and Beskar Mando’

The way it occurs now, I have a solid Jedi lineup, but can’t even attempt to complete the Jedi GC because... I didn’t farm Kara, so I can’t unlock Beskar Mando, but I did farm Mando and Greef, but that means exactly nothing...

The point is, I would be greatly appreciated if instead of making Beskar Mando a road block as a hard requirement, he could be made an additional qualifier! This would say Beskar Mando is a great benefit, a solid game investment, instead of a pay-gate etc.

Also I would suggest that a ‘character focus’ be announced; CG could announce a ‘character focus’ for GCs, indicating that for the next 6 months character X counts towards feat completion... I would suggest a character focus is started every 3 months, but lasts for 6 months !! This would show a player has time to both farm and benefit from a CG ‘character focus’, but allow new characters to be introduced to the focus, and also avoid ‘I just got done farming for the GC character focus and now it’s gone’... ‘Character focus’ could include a damage multiplier! an armor bonus! a self revive bonus! it could be different for every ‘character focus’ to enhance the focus to build that character!!! The point is, it’s a value add, instead of a takeaway!!

A CG ‘character focus’ would be amazing, the community could be plainly guided for future content, and it wouldn’t be jaded by the Beskargate controversy that denies players like myself, or worse yet, those that have a JML, from even attempting to complete a Jedi GC

LeetoQui78 wrote: »

Absolute nonsense. You do realise people started playing this game at different times and aren't whaling? The whole "at this point" or you have no excuses argument is pathetic and frankly insulting.

Then you must realize that people who have played this game longer and built up a roster should have an easier time with endgame content than someone who hasn’t put as much time (or some amount of money to offset the time). To suggest otherwise is pathetic and frankly insulting.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Today is the first time I've been able to beat tier 7.

Unfortunately I am still locked out of the final crate because of Beskar Mando feats.

Feelsbadman.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Don’t worry. I have a Beskar Mando, and I can’t do the feats either. Can easily beat tier 7 undersized with Jedi, but can’t get Bando to do 230k dmg. Even with Masters training and Bastilla buffs on him. Of course mine is only g8... 😂
  • Today's GC has the insta-kill ability. If MBA uses that ability, does the damage caused count towards his feat? My MBA is only g9, so I've not completed tier 6 for that feat yet. I've not managed to time it so MBA has the opportunity to use it.
  • Today's GC has the insta-kill ability. If MBA uses that ability, does the damage caused count towards his feat? My MBA is only g9, so I've not completed tier 6 for that feat yet. I've not managed to time it so MBA has the opportunity to use it.

I don’t think so.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ahhh, took me 90 seconds to complete this “jedi” event and now i get to wait 2 days to get my lesser box because Bando is a stealth jedi.

You mean the second GC of the week?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I can suggest 2 you want URZZZ and DBofficial125 -FTP content Youtubers
    Before Bando: 1 GC a week

After Bando: 2 GCs per week, 1 of which you don’t get full rewards, but you still get more than you did before.

Forum: “stop robbing me of rewards”

Yes, stop robbing us of rewards. I don't have good enough night sisters to complete tier 7 from the previous GC, so I expected not to get top rewards. I do however have plenty of jedi to complete this weekend's tiers, so normally I would expect to get top rewards. The dumb mando feat, however, that has nothing to do with jedi (the focus of this GC), has gated me from these rewards. So, yes, I feel cheated out of rewards because I chose to focus on farming my jedi, and for a GL instead of pounding hard on mando characters.
  • Can’t wait for the salt in February when armourer is needed every other gc. We all know it’s coming
    797-722-718
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Kard_1986 wrote: »
    Can’t wait for the salt in February when armourer is needed every other gc. We all know it’s coming

Hahaha. Oh fun
This discussion has been closed.