My luck at the "new slicing"...

I had to get it off my chest, because it's starting to become funny actually.
Since the launch 6D-A mods I have been able to gather most of the new slice stuff and so far I've been able to slice 25 mods beyond 6E.
Here's the funny part: I've had 1/25 speed rolls so far!
I'm no mathematician, but those odds are way off... Some of my guild nearly get 1/3 rolls.
That's how fair this game is...

Replies

• Odds are 1/4 on any of the 4 stats. All of us are on very low samples. I'm at 6/25.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Odds are 1/4 on any of the 4 stats. All of us are on very low samples. I'm at 6/25.

That's 5 more than me ánd the "normal" 1/4 odds.
    I'm getting 4% chance atm, while it should be 25%.
  • It doesn't need to be anything. It's the odds, it will even out over long term. Such is the statistics. All of us only has 20-25 samples currently.
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Odds are 1/4 on any of the 4 stats. All of us are on very low samples. I'm at 6/25.

Want to check: have you made sure you’re only slicing things where speed hasn’t already popped 5 times?
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Want to check: have you made sure you’re only slicing things where speed hasn’t already popped 5 times?

Of course lol
  • I was on the unlucky side of things for a long time aswell. Luckily it evened out with the last GC's (2/2 just today) and I'm sitting at 6/26 right now.
    Wish you the best of luck, being on that unlucky side for so long is definitely frustrating but as others have said, it'll even out eventually.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • A rule I have for myself is never slice any mod with defense,potentcy, or tenacity for the new mod upgrades. Those three abilities are like a magnet for the slicing. It sometimes works if you slice a mod that has already rolled speed 4 times.
    It works just as often for 4 speed roll mods as it does for 3 and 2.

And all the other secondaries are as likely to roll as each other.
  • Ive been doing great! About 10 of the 15 times Ive sliced Ive gotten a speed roll.turned a lot of my "meh" mods into "oh snap!" I love this extra tier of slicing a lot.
  • People have been farming tens of thousands of mods for years in this game. Unfortunately, that and worse odds are what you should expect. Yes, there are people who have +25 and even 30 speed secondaries on mods, but they are fewer.

Granted, we are getting many more mods than before from various sources.

Good luck!
  • 7xnna4u2pia6.jpg

And another one!
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I’m around 50/50 right now, which is a bit crazy. The other day I had 2/2. I only am slicing 20+ or ones that’ll potentially be 20+. I’ve always been a bit mod speed poor, so this has been quite the treat.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I have 2 golds that died without a speed bump and 2 purples still waiting for it. Oh well...means nothing.
  • I managed to slice a few mods to +25-27, which is nice because until this slicing came along, despite having hundreds of +10-15 and even +20-24 mods, I didn't have a single +25 or more.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm having nothing but luck with this new system. Treating me very very well as I'm only going for 2 things... speed and off% and have gotten some beauties so far. d6bkmllfdivz.png
    dosw0qu7uweh.jpg
  • I'm at 3/36 hitting speed so far... Thats 8,3%... Talk about terrible rng, as it should mathematically be around 25%...
  • I was wondering about that, have CG actually told us any official proc chances for the different secondary stats? I know everyone assumes them being 25% each but given that speed is the most valuable stat it wouldn’t be strange to make it less available.
  • Bad luck on one:
    tmpqevaqx3jz.png

Good luck on the next:
    tw6wm77eyaci.png
  • Just hit a +6 on this last rollwhgdkj0cu9gj.jpg
  • I’m at 2/23 it sucks
  • t711r2dlnuyl.jpg
    Worked out rather well for me lol.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    t711r2dlnuyl.jpg

How many slices did you do after you maxed out speed?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    t711r2dlnuyl.jpg

How many slices did you do after you maxed out speed?

Only one or two. Iirc it started out as my fastest CD triangle and I kept upgrading it as it stacked the two desirable stats. Could've been higher than +22 but that would have been a flawless mod and that would be too much to ask the universe for I suppose.