Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle - Republic Offensive [MEGA]

Replies

• Konju wrote: »
    While I completely agree with the math comment and the inability to get max stars after a year, there are definitely better and worse teams for this event.

To be clear, I definitely feel frustration during this event as well, but I also feel as though I can still improve past the challenge presented. I got 1 wave less this time compared to last, but I feel that came from a combination of factors including a possible misplay in wave 4 with my CLS squad. I also had a squad go 1/4, but my Padme squad isn’t amazing and I just haven’t taken the time to get better with that squad. Not even sure what the best Padme lineup is for this event (if it is C3PO, he is staying with my CLS squad 😉).

This is just my subjective & biased perspective. I appreciate that many will disagree with my opinion. I simply prefer PvE and my roster is progressing in a LS direction (though I enjoy DS Geo as well). I own JML, but do not have 7* Negotiator nor am I anywhere near KAM ready. Just sitting below 5.2M and I’m only sitting at 12/17 waves. Not an amazing run so far, but I do enjoy having room for improvement and the challenge this TB offers.

For reference: https://swgoh.gg/p/196182716/characters/

quite well put. I have every ship 7-star and my GK fleet is arena worthy and does pretty well as far as relics. However, perfect example, I just did the fleet missions and more than one of my GR ships was ONE-SHOT by a summoned vulture droid while they were at full health and protection. My BLT-B (maxed out), my Umbaran Starfighter (R7 Fives), etc etc. Tank ships are getting one shot at full health and protection in Phase TWO missions. It's just plain dumb and ridiculous. But, CG doesn't make money from easing the excessiveness of RNG, they make money from increasing the excessive RNG spectrum.

It's more so an issue of "oh look I went 4/4 in this mission!" to "Hey, I didn't even get 1 wave done!" Last LS Geo TB I was crushing fleet missions, but now I can't do crap. With BETTER SHIPS. Why? Because you might get hit for 12K, or 257,000 damage depending on what the AI wants to do!

But it's okay, they're releasing more characters, which totally fixes TB being stupidly excessive. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    We just finished our second LS Geo as a Guild. 160m GP and we earned 7*, with 9* as the goal next month.

Definitely demoralizing for smaller guilds but it is end-game content so we knew what we were getting into.

The thing is, it's not even end-game content for current guilds. Due to that silly math stuff, it is currently impossible for any guild to get max stars.

At the same time, people are taking RELIC 7 teams into these missions and they get blown out of the water. It is garbage and ridiculous.

Every TB you bring this up and completely ignore that anyone who is taking RELIC 7 teams and getting blown away is doing one or more things very wrong.

-Bad team comp
    -Bad mods
    -Bad kill order
    -Bad use of abilities

Meanwhile here I am putting up my usual number of waves, with maybe 1-2 wave variance total, every single time. This time I got a 3/4 with Rey, which has never happened to me before, but it was completely my fault because I screwed up the open.

See you next month.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Spam filter ate my post so short version:

Every month it's the same. You are doing something wrong.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    We just finished our second LS Geo as a Guild. 160m GP and we earned 7*, with 9* as the goal next month.

Definitely demoralizing for smaller guilds but it is end-game content so we knew what we were getting into.
    At the same time, people are taking RELIC 7 teams into these missions and they get blown out of the water. It is garbage and ridiculous. We're well over 12 months since they announced it and since the first LS Geo TB and relic 7 synergized teams still get blown out of the water in Phase ONE. Why? Because CG doesn't play their own game, nor do they concern themselves with events where players can get hammered by RNG. It even seems that they enjoy skewing the RNG to even larger factors the more time goes on. One TB you can get 4/4, the next (with an improved team at that) you get 1/4. And if there's a bug that 'benefits' players it's fixed fairly quickly, in comparison.
    While you are busy reformulating the same outdated complaint every time a new round of LS TB starts, others are getting their 4/4s.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

not the enemy composition tho, that can change, but overall yes it won't be harder or easier

I meant the complaint is the same every month. But it doesn't need to be, if they would work on the things they can control instead of just complaining again the next month.
  • It was ridiculous when it was released but we got new chars that had a massive impact on the performance guilds could do in this TB: Rey, JML, 3Pac, JKL, MoM.
    There are still going to be RNG elements (Deka dodging and 1-shotting stuff, double B2 deciding to trigger their TM and CD reduction against your Padme with every single hit, etc.) but bringing some of these teams in and optimizing mods aswell as playing correctly will minimize the RNG.
    CLS with 3Pac is giving me constantly 4/4's ever since I got my 3Pac on relics, JKL with GMY and making sure that 1 of the jedi is reeeally fast is an easy 4/4 team and Rey/JML can get an easy 4/4 aswell.
    It's far more manageable nowerdays. The worst part of RNG right now is probably the ships missions - you either get completely steamrolled in the opening (hello Malevolance!) or you can stabilize and it's a cake walk.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Very well put.
  • TVF wrote: »

Explain how I'm doing something wrong when I can't even make a move before the AI takes multiple "bonus" turns and LITERALLY one shots more than one of my characters? I watched more than one R7 character get one shot at full health and protection. Last LS Geo TB I did a lot better with less capable teams and characters than I had this time.

It's not the difficulty, it's the RNG spectrum being too wide.

See you in 30 seconds, since that's all you seem to do here is respond saying "everything's fine!"
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

Explain how I'm doing something wrong when I can't even make a move before the AI takes multiple "bonus" turns and LITERALLY one shots more than one of my characters? I watched more than one R7 character get one shot at full health and protection. Last LS Geo TB I did a lot better with less capable teams and characters than I had this time.

See you in 30 seconds, since that's all you seem to do here is respond saying "everything's fine!"

Do you have your mods optimized for your teams? It’s very possible you do. I ask this in all sincerity.

What teams are you using for which missions? There are good teams that are bad for this event. I only want to help.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Post your gg if you want me to explain what you are doing wrong. Also post your team comps and your mods.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

Do you have your mods optimized for your teams? It’s very possible you do. I ask this in all sincerity.

What teams are you using for which missions? There are good teams that are bad for this event. I only want to help.

Been down this road multiple times, it happens every month. No response other than "it's not fair."

Toons getting one shot is a feature of the game mode. The sniper droid will do this to any toon when it has 15 stacks, and with the right set up Droideka and Geo Spy can also one shot absolutely any toon. So, unless you can give us specifics with which toons you used and which enemy lineup you faced, the most likely explanation for the one-shotting is that you don’t know what some of the enemy units can do and didn’t prioritise your attacks properly.

And if the enemy are one shotting your toons before you take a move, your modding obviously needs work.

There is some RNG, for sure. Every lineup I use has more difficulty with certain enemy lineups, but the right relic levels and modding make those situations the difference between 3/4 and 4/4, not 0/4 and 2/4.

If you’ve pulled 2/4 with a team that gets 0/4 in subsequent TBs, surely it was the 2/4 that was outrageous RNG, in your favour?

But, the TB is definitely getting easier for most as time goes on. First ever LSTB our guild completed 167 waves total across the whole event. This one, I expect us to clear more than 1400 waves.

• Adamklark wrote: »
    Well same story. heavily rng dependent . I unlocked jkl not so long ago and I got 2 waves on the second jedi mission in previous tb , so far so good. in this tb I got 0 waves with that team and it only got better with speed and such ... very frustrating. on other note I could finish the ship battle now, but not in previous tb..

Quick question, when you say your JKL team got “better with speed”, what do you mean?

Speed on a JKL team is the key to success. But it’s not high speed necessarily. In fact the ideal speed on JKL is +0.
    Adamklark wrote: »
    Well same story. heavily rng dependent . I unlocked jkl not so long ago and I got 2 waves on the second jedi mission in previous tb , so far so good. in this tb I got 0 waves with that team and it only got better with speed and such ... very frustrating. on other note I could finish the ship battle now, but not in previous tb..

Quick question, when you say your JKL team got “better with speed”, what do you mean?

Speed on a JKL team is the key to success. But it’s not high speed necessarily. In fact the ideal speed on JKL is +0.

I wrote speed and such. so my whole team got better mods (increase in defenses so it could survive the first wave) . including speed, so I could use the heroes rise quicker with other jedi and inflict aoe debuff with jkl.
    however 3 of my team members died quite quickly, so only jkl, gas and gas survived the initial assault. but again depends on what enemy comp I get, with lots of aoe they get demolished down

You need one toon to be faster than the enemy. That’s all. I remod Hoda to have speed 344, JKL to have like +8 speed from his mods, and it’s been 4/4 every time for 3 straight TBs
    speed is one thing, I start, but after that I get demolished from aoe lol. Well anyway, that's how this tb is
    Really?

If you start, use Heroes Arise. Then use JKL AoE stun (and of course the enemy speed should now be really slow). You should then have plenty time to knock off the biggest enemy threats.

My biggest problem is making waves last long enough for JKL’s AoE stun to be off cooldown for the start of the next one.
    Well I don't have enough time and they mown me down, if not on first wave but on second wave. fortunately the revan team performs well, but the jkl not so if too many aoe enemy is there
    Are you remodding your JKL to be incredibly slow?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    It absolutely makes a difference. No speed JKL lead with a fast secondary Jedi is way better than JKR lead.

Also use mod loadouts to put your arena mods back after the battles.

Why don't you make a video next time (any emulator + OBS for recording and then oploading to youtube) and show us how these battles go?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Hey if you want to run an inferior lead because you are doing something wrong with the best TB lead there is, that's your call.
    whatever you think, I wrote down what happened, if you can't understand that's your call
    Just trying to help you.

JKL lead has got me 4/4 every time since I unlocked him. If it’s not working for you, you’re doing something wrong.