3 weeks in, need some guidance

Replies

• Well right now I'm focused on Arena until I can build up a full fleet of 1 faction or another. Is there is synergy to be had in F.Arena on fleets of the same faction, other that potential abilities benefiting other Rebels ships for example? I finished today #3, almost picked off #1 in my shard, but his Executrix was faster than mine so the TIEs got me.

Going forward I'll probably focus on Rebel first as I have the 2 powerful ships of Ghost/Phantom with a great crew. Then for 2nd fleet I'm thinking Empire as I should have fairly powerful 7* pilots for a few ships, and 3rd GR.

GR or Seps should be a 1st for fleet under Negotiator. Empire under Tarkin or Rebel w/ Millenium Falcon, Biggs Bistan ft. Cassian, Phantom, Y-wing and ghost/wedge second.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • GR it seems is good because of the ships themselves or because there is a lot of use for their pilots on squads (ie Anakin Ahsoka Rex Fives etc)?

@TheChild_eats_eggs1
  • GR it seems is good because of the ships themselves or because there is a lot of use for their pilots on squads (ie Anakin Ahsoka Rex Fives etc)?

@TheChild_eats_eggs1

Well both + it has the debatably best Cap Ship
  • Geo ships too. I'm thinking GR / Rebel / Empire fleets (of course pick 2 and omit the other), Zeta challenge, and eventual SLKR (finalizer)
    Why so many fleets? I recommend picking one and getting it really good for arena instead of having two or three decent fleets.
    Well right now I'm focused on Arena until I can build up a full fleet of 1 faction or another. Is there is synergy to be had in F.Arena on fleets of the same faction, other that potential abilities benefiting other Rebels ships for example? I finished today #3, almost picked off #1 in my shard, but his Executrix was faster than mine so the TIEs got me.

Going forward I'll probably focus on Rebel first as I have the 2 powerful ships of Ghost/Phantom with a great crew. Then for 2nd fleet I'm thinking Empire as I should have fairly powerful 7* pilots for a few ships, and 3rd GR.

Yes, fleets have synergy. For example, in Rebel fleets, they assist each other all the time, which wouldn't happen if you plopped a random rebel ship in a team of non-rebel ships. Another example of fleet synergy is: Geos. They give each other bonuses, like added offense and crit avoidence for each geo ally, extra assisting from soldier, etc.

I think going for a Rebel fleet is a great idea. You are super close to getting Han's Milennium Falcon, arguable the best non-capital ship in the game. You just need the Hound's Tooth to unlock at 5*. With the ****, you can make an amazing Rebel fleet, especially early on in the game like you are. AhnaldT101 recently put out a video about might of a Rebel fleet, that might give you some inspiration.

You said Empire second, then a GR fleet. At the point where you've finished your Rebel fleet, you should probably start going for either a GR or Separatist fleet, because with Malevolence or Negotiator, they are the two best fleets in the game, followed closely by Rebels. Why waste your time getting another fleet (Empire) that's not going to be better than your current one(Rebel)?
    GR it seems is good because of the ships themselves or because there is a lot of use for their pilots on squads (ie Anakin Ahsoka Rex Fives etc)?

Like @TheChild_eats_eggs1 said, both. But, you won't have the Negotiator for a pretty long time. Without Negotiator, GR fleet isn't nearly as good. Which is why getting Rebels first is such a good plan. You will be dominant in fleet arena for a long time with Rebels, then as your shard gets better, you will get Negotiator and really take off.
  • Geo ships too. I'm thinking GR / Rebel / Empire fleets (of course pick 2 and omit the other), Zeta challenge, and eventual SLKR (finalizer)
    Why so many fleets? I recommend picking one and getting it really good for arena instead of having two or three decent fleets.
    Well right now I'm focused on Arena until I can build up a full fleet of 1 faction or another. Is there is synergy to be had in F.Arena on fleets of the same faction, other that potential abilities benefiting other Rebels ships for example? I finished today #3, almost picked off #1 in my shard, but his Executrix was faster than mine so the TIEs got me.

Yes, fleets have synergy. For example, in Rebel fleets, they assist each other all the time, which wouldn't happen if you plopped a random rebel ship in a team of non-rebel ships. Another example of fleet synergy is: Geos. They give each other bonuses, like added offense and crit avoidence for each geo ally, extra assisting from soldier, etc.

I think going for a Rebel fleet is a great idea. You are super close to getting Han's Milennium Falcon, arguable the best non-capital ship in the game. You just need the Hound's Tooth to unlock at 5*. With the ****, you can make an amazing Rebel fleet, especially early on in the game like you are. AhnaldT101 recently put out a video about might of a Rebel fleet, that might give you some inspiration.

You said Empire second, then a GR fleet. At the point where you've finished your Rebel fleet, you should probably start going for either a GR or Separatist fleet, because with Malevolence or Negotiator, they are the two best fleets in the game, followed closely by Rebels. Why waste your time getting another fleet (Empire) that's not going to be better than your current one(Rebel)?
    GR it seems is good because of the ships themselves or because there is a lot of use for their pilots on squads (ie Anakin Ahsoka Rex Fives etc)?

Like @TheChild_eats_eggs1 said, both. But, you won't have the Negotiator for a pretty long time. Without Negotiator, GR fleet isn't nearly as good. Which is why getting Rebels first is such a good plan. You will be dominant in fleet arena for a long time with Rebels, then as your shard gets better, you will get Negotiator and really take off.

1) I think Geos and Executrix is most important for zetas. Then Rebel, then GR. Separatist will come from the Executrix + Geos.

2) Agree on Rebel Fleet, but that is just LS. Need DS for zeta challenge.

3) Yh. GR is best after Rebel. Then Separatist, and Empire should sit on the backbench. Empire is a good fleet under Tarkin though.

4) What @Old_Ben12345 said
  • Bounty Hunter ships should be able to beat the zeta challenge. Keep in mind, all you need is to upgrade Tarkin's ship to 5 stars using dark side ships, then any ships can be used in the actual challenge.
  • Bounty Hunter ships should be able to beat the zeta challenge. Keep in mind, all you need is to upgrade Tarkin's ship to 5 stars using dark side ships, then any ships can be used in the actual challenge.

well 6* for the final tier. But I see. Geos make it a breeze esp. with HT. My squad was geos upfront and HT, TIE Advanced, and Slave I reinforcements.
  • well 6* for the final tier. But I see. Geos make it a breeze esp. with HT. My squad was geos upfront and HT, TIE Advanced, and Slave I reinforcements.

Good point. The last tier is super important for getting ship omegas. I used geos as well.
    I guess the question is: Can BH ships do it? I think so, right? If they can, it seems more efficient to only put resources into them, at least for now.
  • well 6* for the final tier. But I see. Geos make it a breeze esp. with HT. My squad was geos upfront and HT, TIE Advanced, and Slave I reinforcements.

Good point. The last tier is super important for getting ship omegas. I used geos as well.
    I guess the question is: Can BH ships do it? I think so, right? If they can, it seems more efficient to only put resources into them, at least for now.

Good point here. I’ve got a contact who could help ... @MasterSeedy
  • More excellent advice. I got up to #1 today in my shard but unfortunately was 15 mins edite layout snd got sniped back to 4.

My Tarkin will be 7* and g10 soon so is pretty strong, just need to upgrade a couple more DS ships to get 5* on executrix.

I think for now I will focus on Rebel (have 5* Home One but my Ackbar isn’t geared well). I need to upgrade Biggs and his XWing a bit for my opening team which I am thinking of going with Ghost, Biggs X wing, Ubaran as starters with Phantom first RI then Ahsoka for now until I can get HT and MMF.

My PS, Tarkin and Fives and Ahsoka are well geared snd will continue to focus on most of them, so that helps.
  • More excellent advice. I got up to #1 today in my shard but unfortunately was 15 mins edite layout snd got sniped back to 4.

My Tarkin will be 7* and g10 soon so is pretty strong, just need to upgrade a couple more DS ships to get 5* on executrix.

I think for now I will focus on Rebel (have 5* Home One but my Ackbar isn’t geared well). I need to upgrade Biggs and his XWing a bit for my opening team which I am thinking of going with Ghost, Biggs X wing, Ubaran as starters with Phantom first RI then Ahsoka for now until I can get HT and MMF.

My PS, Tarkin and Fives and Ahsoka are well geared snd will continue to focus on most of them, so that helps.

I’d say that Bistan’s U-wing should be upfront so get him 7* ASAP. Then you need Biggs and use Ghost instead of HMF. Add Phantom and other Rebels in reinforcements amd try not to use GR ships.

I’d say that Bistan’s U-wing should be upfront so get him 7* ASAP. Then you need Biggs and use Ghost instead of HMF. Add Phantom and other Rebels in reinforcements amd try not to use GR ships.

I'll start Bistan's U-Wing, will be a long farm both on pilot and ship. Working on HT as well, need to find a high level ally to use for DS9 level for Bossk though.
  • My only concern on Bistan is then I will have the 6 PS pilots + 2 for U-Wing to keep gearing and seems like will be long....but I do like the Rebel assists and right now with Ubaran / Asoka I am not getting that full benefit.

I'll start Bistan's U-Wing, will be a long farm both on pilot and ship. Working on HT as well, need to find a high level ally to use for DS9 level for Bossk though.

I'd recommend the SLKR ally code thread.
  • My only concern on Bistan is then I will have the 6 PS pilots + 2 for U-Wing to keep gearing and seems like will be long....but I do like the Rebel assists and right now with Ubaran / Asoka I am not getting that full benefit.

Yh Ahsoka and Fives won't help. It's good though.
  • Yeah, it's tough having to gear so many characters you wouldn't be putting resources into otherwise. But, fleet arena > squad arena in terms of availability of top spots and crystal income.
    Your top 5 crystal rewards should make quick work of getting that fleet up and running. I'd shoot for gear 8 on the pilots to start.
  • Yeah, it's tough having to gear so many characters you wouldn't be putting resources into otherwise. But, fleet arena > squad arena in terms of availability of top spots and crystal income.
    Your top 5 crystal rewards should make quick work of getting that fleet up and running. I'd shoot for gear 8 on the pilots to start.

Hence my alt account is more focused on Separatist and Rebel fleets than CLS/Revan/Padmé/GLs.

Yep this is what I noticed so have switched my focus to this, while also farming up what is needed elsewhere. The 300+ extra crystals I'm getting from Fleet plus store currency is worth way more than Squad arena.

Finally beat Thrawn tier 7 too, so now I'm close to having my new empire squad at 4/5 7* with Vader 50% to 7*. Will focus on upgrading their mods before switching them to Arena use and put more focus into Fleet.
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 question on crystals. Right now I am using all the cheap energy refreshes every day (normal, cantina, mod but not fleet as I only have thru tier 3 complete), so that’s like 600 crystals per day. I am getting back around the same per day from 400 fleet, 100 squad then 100 thru daily / quests. What is the best use to spend more on, normal energy refreshes to farm needed gear or more character shards? Or is there a point to buy any gear using them in the shipments?
  • Also, have 5* Chimera, can likely get 6* tomorrow just need one more Biggs shard. What’s better to use for the time being, 6* Chimera or 5* Executrix?
    My tarkin is g10, thrawn g9 but close to g10.

Still using a mainly rebel fleet but empire capital ship until I can free resources to 7* Ackbar to move to HO.
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 question on crystals. Right now I am using all the cheap energy refreshes every day (normal, cantina, mod but not fleet as I only have thru tier 3 complete), so that’s like 600 crystals per day. I am getting back around the same per day from 400 fleet, 100 squad then 100 thru daily / quests. What is the best use to spend more on, normal energy refreshes to farm needed gear or more character shards? Or is there a point to buy any gear using them in the shipments?

Well, you should spend the necessary on regular energy, 1 on cantina, and people say 3 on mod, which you can do. However, due to my unlucky predicament on my main being on an account with GLs and Negos/Mals I can't get what you get, so may not be the best advice.
    Also, have 5* Chimera, can likely get 6* tomorrow just need one more Biggs shard. What’s better to use for the time being, 6* Chimera or 5* Executrix?

Still using a mainly rebel fleet but empire capital ship until I can free resources to 7* Ackbar to move to HO.

Well, with a mainly Rebel fleet under an Empire Cap Ship, I don't know. If you can g11 Tarkin, his ship is speedier so can be better, and Executrix directly counters Chimaera. I think on Fleet Battles Chimaera may help, but that's not definite. In Fleet Arena, I'm not totally sure, but you should rlly work on 6*ing your Executrix for the Ship Omegas.

Well, you should spend the necessary on regular energy, 1 on cantina, and people say 3 on mod, which you can do. However, due to my unlucky predicament on my main being on an account with GLs and Negos/Mals I can't get what you get, so may not be the best advice.
    Also, have 5* Chimera, can likely get 6* tomorrow just need one more Biggs shard. What’s better to use for the time being, 6* Chimera or 5* Executrix?

Well, with a mainly Rebel fleet under an Empire Cap Ship, I don't know. If you can g11 Tarkin, his ship is speedier so can be better, and Executrix directly counters Chimaera. I think on Fleet Battles Chimaera may help, but that's not definite. In Fleet Arena, I'm not totally sure, but you should rlly work on 6*ing your Executrix for the Ship Omegas.

Yeah my feeling on crystals is that right now I have a bunch in the bank, but if I ever start slipping in rankings and my intake goes down, will still be nice to have some to use daily. Not too worried on dropping too much in fleet arena as my shard works well together, but some of those guys are top ranked in both Fleet & Squad so are doubling the crystals intake compared to me...and I'll eventually fall behind.

I think I will continue focusing on Executrix then, as I will gear both Tarkin and Thrawn anyway...but won't blow ship materials on 2x Empire cap ships...instead can invest in Home One for the Rebel fleet, or also getting some dark side ships up a bit so I can 6* Executrix.

Yeah my feeling on crystals is that right now I have a bunch in the bank, but if I ever start slipping in rankings and my intake goes down, will still be nice to have some to use daily. Not too worried on dropping too much in fleet arena as my shard works well together, but some of those guys are top ranked in both Fleet & Squad so are doubling the crystals intake compared to me...and I'll eventually fall behind.

I think I will continue focusing on Executrix then, as I will gear both Tarkin and Thrawn anyway...but won't blow ship materials on 2x Empire cap ships...instead can invest in Home One for the Rebel fleet, or also getting some dark side ships up a bit so I can 6* Executrix.

Executrix also counters Chimaera I heard
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Update on where I stand and advice on the direction I think I am going.

Main priorities:
    1. Focus on fleet to maintain #1 each day
      • Tarkin cap with mainly rebel fleet: Ghost, Biggs, Umbarran starters with Phantom R1 and Ahsoka R2, all at 6*. All of these about 30% to 7*
      • Bistan's U-wing unlocked at 3* with Bistan 7* and Rebel Scarif 6*.
    2. Gearing up my Empire squad: zPalp-L (g11), zVader (g12), Thrawn, Tarkin (g11), and TFP/Deathtrooper depending on opponent.
      • Breaking into top 50 barely each day before PO
      • Can normally beat zBastilla / other non-JKR Jedi teams, other Empire teams if my Vader is faster, and Geos. JKR won't have a shot, haven't found a way to beat BHs or Mando scoundrel's yet
      • Need to focus on getting the rest to G11/12
    3. Unlocking CLS at 7*: All required characters already at 7*, now in progress of gearing, upgrading abilities and modding.

Here is where I am at a crossroads of what to really focus on next:
    Since I am focused on maintaining the high fleet arena rank for my daily crystal income, I need to put focus back into gearing the pilots a bit higher (most are g8/9 and need to get to g10/11) and clearly it's a lot of pilots with all stun guns needed! At the same time, I need to unlock Han's Falcon, which means 3 things:
    1. Unlock raid Han (50% to unlocking with my guild at the moment)
    2. Unlock the Falcon itself which means starting to invest in the 3 BH ships I have already, plus continuing to farm HT / Bossk (I am using a 25 crystal refresh on the HT node each day now)
    3. Unlock Chewie which requires many of the same BHs (thinking of going Boba, Bossk, Jango, Cad + Aura Sing since I think she will be a fast farm)

I think this is a solid plan, but will likely mean I put some farms on hold for later, mainly JKR and Geos (which I haven't really started either anyway).

The other thing I need to look at is setting up some better 3v3 squads for GAC as I really only have 2 solid ones with my Empire and PS, so any suggestions based on characters I have on setting squads would be appreciated.

Would appreciate your wise feedback @TheChild_eats_eggs1 & @MasterSeedy :)

No need for farming plans as I will just shift some things around.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/723784255/
    Ah, and question on when it's viable to put HT or Bistan's U-wing into active lineup, since they are both low stars (2/3 now) while the rest are nearly 7...do I wait until they are 6 or even at 5* will they be an improvement?
  • Ah, and question on when it's viable to put HT or Bistan's U-wing into active lineup, since they are both low stars (2/3 now) while the rest are nearly 7

If the pilots are identical gear & stars, and you're comparing Tank ship to Tank ship, HT should just begin to out-perform many other tanks at 4 stars. This is especially true of Biggs, who needs to repeatedly inflict Target Lock to get the most out of him (he has low defense for a tank, so you're dependent on health and healing).

As for Bistan, with pilots of equal gear & equal stars, I wouldn't consider him for insertion into the starting lineup until 6*, but he's probably reinforcement worthy at 5*.

I am not sure what the benefits are of an Ackbar lead before you have the Falcon, maybe they aren't a lot, but you should have Ackbar ready to go the moment you have the Falcon unlocked. Even with a 5* Chewie and a 5* Falcon, Han's Falcon is an instant starter, no ifs, ands, or buts.
  • Ah, and question on when it's viable to put HT or Bistan's U-wing into active lineup, since they are both low stars (2/3 now) while the rest are nearly 7

I am not sure what the benefits are of an Ackbar lead before you have the Falcon, maybe they aren't a lot, but you should have Ackbar ready to go the moment you have the Falcon unlocked. Even with a 5* Chewie and a 5* Falcon, Han's Falcon is an instant starter, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Thanks. Yeah Ackbar is now who I will spend Squad currency on now that STH and Leia and done. He should be ready before chewie and falcon. Home One ready for 6* upgrade just saving credits for now for other upgrades
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Here is where I am at a crossroads of what to really focus on next:
    Since I am focused on maintaining the high fleet arena rank for my daily crystal income, I need to put focus back into gearing the pilots a bit higher (most are g8/9 and need to get to g10/11) and clearly it's a lot of pilots with all stun guns needed! At the same time, I need to unlock Han's Falcon, which means 3 things:
    1. Unlock raid Han (50% to unlocking with my guild at the moment)
    2. Unlock the Falcon itself which means starting to invest in the 3 BH ships I have already, plus continuing to farm HT / Bossk (I am using a 25 crystal refresh on the HT node each day now)
    3. Unlock Chewie which requires many of the same BHs (thinking of going Boba, Bossk, Jango, Cad + Aura Sing since I think she will be a fast farm)

I think this is a solid plan, but will likely mean I put some farms on hold for later, mainly JKR and Geos (which I haven't really started either anyway).

Don't waste too much gear on your Phoenix crew or Cassian's crew. Once you unlock Han's Falcon Cassian's and Phantom's main purposes will be their reinforcement abilities and Ghost's main purpose will be inflicting ability block and calling Han's Falcon to assist. They don't need high crew power for that. However, high speed is essential for Bistan's U-wing so you will need to pour some resources into SRP (mainly) and Bistan.

Remember to buy Dengar from the guild shop. Chewbacca's event will be much more difficult without Dengar's ability to prevent your enemies from stealthing.
  • Remember to buy Dengar from the guild shop. Chewbacca's event will be much more difficult without Dengar's ability to prevent your enemies from stealthing.

^^ This.
  • Remember to buy Dengar from the guild shop. Chewbacca's event will be much more difficult without Dengar's ability to prevent your enemies from stealthing.

^^ This.

^^ This.
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 @MasterSeedy

Question on mods. Is it ever worth it to purchase from the store where I am at in the game? Buying a 5A mod there especially if it has a speed secondary I am after? (2-4mil).