State of Galaxy - January 2021

Prev1
When can we expect a new state of Galaxy, with a word about Sith Eternal Emperor?
He is for 3 months in the game and still no word about his kit from the devs.

Replies

• The Dev’s are still on vacation. They get a whole month off for working so hard LOL!!!!!! So it’ll probably be March or April before they start teasing that the SOTG is soon to be released. Then another month of anticipation so my guess would be May.

Amazing, every word of what you just said was wrong
  • I was hoping for the SOTG this week but who knows. If it’s this week or next at this point I’d doubt it would mention SEE anyway
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    The Dev’s are still on vacation. They get a whole month off for working so hard LOL!!!!!! So it’ll probably be March or April before they start teasing that the SOTG is soon to be released. Then another month of anticipation so my guess would be May.

and how do you know? id expect the lazy to still be on vacation. by the amounts of content we see as a programmer it is evident to me that there is very little actual work going on.
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    The Dev’s are still on vacation. They get a whole month off for working so hard LOL!!!!!! So it’ll probably be March or April before they start teasing that the SOTG is soon to be released. Then another month of anticipation so my guess would be May.

You remember the SOTGs or Road Aheads in 2020, right? He isn’t far off based on past performance from CG.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Jenoke76 wrote: »
    When can we expect a new state of Galaxy,
    Either this week or next week
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Gouj4 wrote: »

You remember the SOTGs or Road Aheads in 2020, right? He isn’t far off based on past performance from CG.

From what I’ve seen they’ve haven’t not delivered a SOTG in a month where they’ve officially said there would be one, they just didn’t put any out for a while. I could be wrong I wasn’t about for the whole of the year. They’ve said there will be one so I’m inclined to believe there will
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

and how do you know? id expect the lazy to still be on vacation. by the amounts of content we see as a programmer it is evident to me that there is very little actual work going on.

I often wonder why you still play this game.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Didn't know the SWGOH github repo was public
  • Nihion wrote: »

we gungans arent always known for our intelligence but we are known for our passion. I love star wars thats why I still play. until there is an alternative star wars game this is sadly the best thing we star wars fans have to play. ive been playing since 3rd day of game launch back in nov 15 and ive had some fun here and there. if there was a choice you would get your wish.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

we gungans arent always known for our intelligence but we are known for our passion. I love star wars thats why I still play. until there is an alternative star wars game this is sadly the best thing we star wars fans have to play. ive been playing since 3rd day of game launch back in nov 15 and ive had some fun here and there. if there was a choice you would get your wish.

I didn’t wish for you to leave, I wished for you to stop complaining so much. I know this game has its issues, but dang.

There’s a reason that EA and Disney can produce minimal content and have poor customer service when it comes to Star Wars. The name markets itself.

But anyway your first line was sufficient logic, (ironic when you think about its meaning), so I’ll leave you alone now.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    On one hand, I want to know what's next, but on the other hand, having a while to catch my breath and maybe farm some teams that are not a "must have" is not a bad thing at all.
  • Nihion wrote: »

I didn’t wish for you to leave, I wished for you to stop complaining so much. I know this game has its issues, but dang.

There’s a reason that EA and Disney can produce minimal content and have poor customer service when it comes to Star Wars. The name markets itself.

But anyway your first line was sufficient logic, (ironic when you think about its meaning), so I’ll leave you alone now.

And there is a reason why EA lost its gold exclusivity, it is simply too much, he has the right to complain about scandalous marketing practices.

Good news is we might have some star wars game soon with less 100% wallet fishing focused game development. Or not but it will be difficult to be worst than EA and Capital Games
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »

And there is a reason why EA lost its gold exclusivity, it is simply too much, he has the right to complain about scandalous marketing practices.

Good news is we might have some star wars game soon with less 100% wallet fishing focused game development. Or not but it will be difficult to be worst than EA and Capital Games

To be fair, EA knocked it out of the park with Fallen Order, so it's not all doom and gloom. But I agree that the loss of exclusivity is a good thing.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Scandalous lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jenoke76 wrote: »
    When can we expect a new state of Galaxy, with a word about Sith Eternal Emperor?

All these people who think SEE is bad who have never used JML are hysterical.
  • Mirkraag wrote: »

My understanding is that there was no exclusivity in regards to star wars mobile games. So this changes nothing in regards to mobile games, only platform games

If you’re saying JML is bad, my shard would disagree. Right now, our top 50 has 1 Rey, 7 SEE, 9 SLKR, and 33 JML.

If you’re saying JML is bad, my shard would disagree. Right now, our top 50 has 1 Rey, 7 SEE, 9 SLKR, and 33 JML.

Only because it is tougher for people with only Kylo to climb.

JML is defeated in GAC and TE by almost every team in the last two years.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Jenoke76 wrote: »

My opponent this round only had SEE. I put down Rey and JML. One shot Rey. 3 losses against JML and gave up.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

No one said he didn’t have that right. I just wish that people would finally see that it doesn’t help.

Hopefully the open world game is good, but this is all still under Disney, which concerns me.
  • Samurai54351
    155 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I don’t have any Galactic Legends, but all of them are better then any other character in the the game other than GLs. Don’t expect any character to have no non GL counters. SEE is made for 1 thing really, taking out Jedi squads. He’s really good at that.

• Potato211
    473 posts Member
    edited January 2021

There is no SOTG in Ba Sing Se

No one said he didn’t have that right. I just wish that people would finally see that it doesn’t help.

Hopefully the open world game is good, but this is all still under Disney, which concerns me.

You should fear that it's under Ubisoft, not Disney. As much fun as it is to kitten on Disney, the one of the few things they do right is to leave those making their games alone. If only we had LucasArts back.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Oops.. just realised i used curse words. Kyno don't punish me please.
  • Esharan wrote: »
    I thought got sure we'd get sotg today lol.

You are silly to think that they would release the plan of the month at the BEGINNING of the month....thats how I plan work with my crew for the month....wait until three weeks of the month are gone, then BAM hit em with the monthly plan! Works like a charm!
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Esharan wrote: »

You are silly to think that they would release the plan of the month at the BEGINNING of the month....thats how I plan work with my crew for the month....wait until three weeks of the month are gone, then BAM hit em with the monthly plan! Works like a charm!

Since when is the sotg the “plan of the month”

Then you should try using JML with relic toons, preferably Jedi. He’ll be much tougher to defeat that way.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Esharan wrote: »

This guy CG’s.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    On one hand, I want to know what's next, but on the other hand, having a while to catch my breath and maybe farm some teams that are not a "must have" is not a bad thing at all.

I feel ya, I’m pretty curious myself as to what’s next. But I don’t really want to know as so much needs fixing in the now.
    Also, I’d be willing to bet nothing is said about SEE, and nothing about CRancor. But there will be a new shiny distraction.

This discussion has been closed.