Is this your intention?

Mephisto_style
5724 posts Member
edited January 2021
Beginning this conversation by acknowledging to the trolls that, perhaps, I should have known better that Jango can be stun-locked; do you CG want people losing battles because of Jango not being able to lose his 2 turns of invulnerability?

This was a problem in a recent GC, and here it is a problem for me in GA.

Nute teams can be a pain enough, but to then be forced to being a good team, but not too good of a team? That's a bit ridiculous..

Nest becoming stun-locked doesn't seem to be the same thing "WAI", but maybe I am wrong. g5mw224q5r9v.jpg
1jzb3hzzeo1l.jpg
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    choosing what toons to use against what toons is a skill, not a bug
  • You’ve gotta know what teams don’t interact well with each other. This is the same issue as with Nest to where if you don’t have enough fire power to knock her out, the TM reduction paired with the stacking protection up becomes insurmountable. If you insist on CLS, chewy Han in future matchups, let Jango go twice before attacking him. Or use a different team.

It sucks that happened but that comes down to your strategy. Not a bug
  • Ultra wrote: »
    choosing what toons to use against what toons is a skill, not a bug

I acknowledged that. It still does not mean it is their intention.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    You’ve gotta know what teams don’t interact well with each other. This is the same issue as with Nest to where if you don’t have enough fire power to knock her out, the TM reduction paired with the stacking protection up becomes insurmountable. If you insist on CLS, chewy Han in future matchups, let Jango go twice before attacking him. Or use a different team.

Again, I am not calling it a bug. I am asking if it is their intention.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I do see that situation as WAI personally, however I do also see value in asking as you did.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    You’ve gotta know what teams don’t interact well with each other. This is the same issue as with Nest to where if you don’t have enough fire power to knock her out, the TM reduction paired with the stacking protection up becomes insurmountable. If you insist on CLS, chewy Han in future matchups, let Jango go twice before attacking him. Or use a different team.

I’m sure it is. Beating his kit is part of the strategy and being that his kit includes damage immunity and it being undispellable then yes; I believe it is. The way around that is to use a different team comp. Use that team for something else in the future. It can beat a lot of teams in 3v3
  • It’s working as intended... Jango has damage immunity from one of his abilities for 2 turns and your squad just removes TM so he can’t take the turns needed to remove the damage immunity.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

If it’s not bugged, it’s intended
  • Konju wrote: »
    I do see that situation as WAI personally, however I do also see value in asking as you did.

For some reason this Jango stun-lock problem is a bit new to me. Nest I've known for at least 2 years.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »

For some reason this Jango stun-lock problem is a bit new to me. Nest I've known for at least 2 years.

It's only when there's a Separatist lead, so I think it's easy to not foresee it unless you've had experience. But now you can consider this lesson learned--it's just like with Nest.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

If it’s not bugged, it’s intended

Nute, zombie, sthan, ep, and fives all raise their hands.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »

It's only when there's a Separatist lead, so I think it's easy to not foresee it unless you've had experience. But now you can consider this lesson learned--it's just like with Nest.

I think the bigger concern here is that it works better the slower you make Jango and other separatists relative to the attacking team (if the attacking team has stun or TM reduction).

But yes, never attack a separatist - lead Jango team with CLS teams
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It is their intention to have element of strategy and knowledge make a player better or worse and be effected by their choices.

So yes, picking a team that cannot win a match and you losing due to that choice is intended.
  • Nothing to see here, move along... WAI...
  • I think it's funny how you all give this witty dismissiveness while Ahnaldt is making a video about CG fixing The Armorer's Jawa protection stacking. Must be their 1st need to fix.
  • It’s unlikely that this specific test was done by the developers, thus is equally unlikely that this specific interaction was recorded, noted, discussed, and/or intended.

There are very very many players that make this exact mistake, it totally sucks, and it’ll likely never happen again for either of us.

Kyno definitely says it best a couple responses up.

On a semi-related note, a slow-build Jango in 3v3 has a niche use for this specific reason and isn’t totally uncommon.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    I'm beginning to sense a pattern
  • dgree wrote: »
    I'm beginning to sense a pattern

Me too
    aumqhs4syo81.jpg
  • I made that mistake once myself. Never again and learned the first time.