It has been really long and not fun at all but...

Raptus
64 posts Member
edited January 2021
In 55 LS Tokens I finally get Rey after about 4 and a half months of hard farming.
The thought of doing it 3 more timess makes that uninstall button quite attractive....

What did ya'll do?
Jumping right back into SLKR I just can't do again so I figured I'll slow farm the two I'm missing and grab GAS first since I skipped over him to boost SE and snatch Rey.
Honestly that grind is just so fun sapping I think I'ma avoid doing it the same way.
Well, hell I ain't no politician; kissing **** just ain't my style.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• As soon as GLs were announced I went straight for Rey. Then immediately went for SLKR, then as soon as he was done I went after JKL and then JML.

In the space of 10 months I got 3/4 GLs and had applied gear to one solitary toon outside of GL requirements (Wat to g13).

Since unlocking JML I’ve decided to lay off the GL grind for a bit. Built the Mon Mothma team (pretty much guaranteed 4/4 in LSTB missions) and I’ve nearly finished an Imperial Trooper team. Once they’re done I’m going to do some work with the new Mando toons and BH.

I know how you feel: gearing toons for GLs like a hamster in a wheel was getting less and less enjoyable for me. So I stopped.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I went straight for Rey, then I decided to go for JKL instead of SLKR. Which ended up helping me a whole lot to get JML, so I went straight for him when possible. Now, I got Beskar Mando and I don't have a pressing goal, so I'm slow farming for SLKR. The thing that convinced me to start with another GL was the challenge raid, not sure if I would jump into the soul-sucking grind otherwise.
    And yeah, if you don't have GAS yet, I would suggest going for him first. He opens up another powerful team and also boosts your Rey team in arena. His max health reduction is one of the best anti-GL abilities available.
  • As a scoundrel player I keep my pace and dont bother with those GL at all.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    There's no rule that says you have to go straight from farming one GL to another.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    There's no rule that says you have to go straight from farming one GL to another.

CG lied to me then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Started the grind for Rey a few months after GL's were introduced. Then immediately after I went for JKL and now JML of course, like a lot of people.
    Only 4 more relics and I'm there.
  • Raptus wrote: »
    In 55 LS Tokens I finally get Rey after about 4 and a half months of hard farming.
    The thought of doing it 3 more timess makes that uninstall button quite attractive....

What did ya'll do?
    Upgraded some other toons / squads to rebalance my roster and indulge myself with a couple of fun nice to haves.

Now I am back to building up for JKL & JML.
  • Raptus wrote: »

What did ya'll do?
    Jumping right back into SLKR I just can't do again so I figured I'll slow farm the two I'm missing and grab GAS first since I skipped over him to boost SE and snatch Rey.
    Honestly that grind is just so fun sapping I think I'ma avoid doing it the same way.

Yea both gearing bad toons and the ticket grind made me consider quitting a few times. I don’t know what’s worse: losing that stupid paper-rock-scissors match because I didn’t watch the video on how to win every time or having that stupid R5 Phasma laugh at me every time I try to set defense or pick offense in GAC.

Who doesn’t want to take a character to high relics only to never use them?
  • 0a8mwgzx1ktg.jpeg

Actually, Phasma won some GAC rounds for me both in 3v3 and 5v5 ;)
  • I'm getting slkr soon and can't wait to farm more tickets for his ultimate!
  • Phasma lead is still a very good lead. KRU being better never made Phasma's bad.

Her, FOST and FOTP are a nice trio. Swap FOST with FOX and have them fast enough and you have a team that can clear a 3v3 very fast.
  • Raptus
    64 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Phasma lead is still a very good lead. KRU being better never made Phasma's bad.

Her, FOST and FOTP are a nice trio. Swap FOST with FOX and have them fast enough and you have a team that can clear a 3v3 very fast.
    I do the same w/ Finn, not a great lead but its a free r5 team so why not. Easily full clears non-meta/t2 teams.
    Used Poe on defense to, gonna just have to figure out what my 3 times now that I have rey.
  • I paused in Rey grind to get JKL bc honestly I wanted to quit. I dislike the new movies, the Res toons aren't very good, and why should they get more love than Raid Han, Wat, and any number of other toons I actually use regularly? We don't even have enough ships for a full resistance fleet and Raddus isn't better than Malevolence or my then-5* Negotiator.

But I love my guild. And JKL existed. So I farmed everyone for JKL (I wasn't *that* far off since all my rebels were the right star level anyway) and that event pulled me back in. I continued to work on Rey stuffs, saving up for her to get to r7 right away, and kept farming the hero bros who were being jerks and not giving me shards. Once I got Rey adn took her to r7 I finished Gen Sky (who I also didn't want but got for the guild), I just yesterday finished getting the last of his 501st clones to g13, and now while Chewpio and Mothma are stingy I've been building toons up. While farming rey tix I used the LS kyro node and I ended up taking at least 3 toons to relic levels just farming her and then her ultimate. I finished Sion recently for relics and now with Arc done it's time for Shaak Ti. And Greedo for the bounty hunter quest. he just needs to be g12 though. Other than them it's little toons here and there I want to work on but haven't been able to yet. Some for fun, (always have a fun farm) others to help the guild.

I've been slow-farming GLs cuz I'm just not interested in any of them. I'd rather JKL was a GL :joy: Rey was just for LS Geo, and I guess now the dumb challenge rancor, and JML will be the same. Hoping the next batch of GLs are actually characters I like because thus far I've seen zero reason to speed up the farms.
  • Kudlaty wrote: »
    0a8mwgzx1ktg.jpeg

Actually, Phasma won some GAC rounds for me both in 3v3 and 5v5 ;)

Lol that’s just bad competition. My g12 CLS or JKR clean that up real easy. It’s an easy 54 point win in 3v3. Actually, I think last time I faced it, I used g11 resistance to work in the resistance feats.

She’s only a slightly better toon than plo koon. Her purpose is to give everyone else turn meter.
  • I paused in Rey grind to get JKL bc honestly I wanted to quit. I dislike the new movies, the Res toons aren't very good, and why should they get more love than Raid Han, Wat, and any number of other toons I actually use regularly? We don't even have enough ships for a full resistance fleet and Raddus isn't better than Malevolence or my then-5* Negotiator.

But I love my guild. And JKL existed. So I farmed everyone for JKL (I wasn't *that* far off since all my rebels were the right star level anyway) and that event pulled me back in. I continued to work on Rey stuffs, saving up for her to get to r7 right away, and kept farming the hero bros who were being jerks and not giving me shards. Once I got Rey adn took her to r7 I finished Gen Sky (who I also didn't want but got for the guild), I just yesterday finished getting the last of his 501st clones to g13, and now while Chewpio and Mothma are stingy I've been building toons up. While farming rey tix I used the LS kyro node and I ended up taking at least 3 toons to relic levels just farming her and then her ultimate. I finished Sion recently for relics and now with Arc done it's time for Shaak Ti. And Greedo for the bounty hunter quest. he just needs to be g12 though. Other than them it's little toons here and there I want to work on but haven't been able to yet. Some for fun, (always have a fun farm) others to help the guild.

I've been slow-farming GLs cuz I'm just not interested in any of them. I'd rather JKL was a GL :joy: Rey was just for LS Geo, and I guess now the dumb challenge rancor, and JML will be the same. Hoping the next batch of GLs are actually characters I like because thus far I've seen zero reason to speed up the farms.

Disagree with this. Raddus can beat both Malevolence and Negotiator pretty reliably
  • As soon as GLs were announced I went straight for Rey. Then immediately went for SLKR, then as soon as he was done I went after JKL and then JML.

In the space of 10 months I got 3/4 GLs and had applied gear to one solitary toon outside of GL requirements (Wat to g13).

Since unlocking JML I’ve decided to lay off the GL grind for a bit. Built the Mon Mothma team (pretty much guaranteed 4/4 in LSTB missions) and I’ve nearly finished an Imperial Trooper team. Once they’re done I’m going to do some work with the new Mando toons and BH.

I know how you feel: gearing toons for GLs like a hamster in a wheel was getting less and less enjoyable for me. So I stopped.

100% with you. I'm not going to focus on SEE. Troopers, yes. MM team, yes. Everything else can wait.

Oh and I might actually start farming Kuill and Ig11!
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    I paused in Rey grind to get JKL bc honestly I wanted to quit. I dislike the new movies, the Res toons aren't very good, and why should they get more love than Raid Han, Wat, and any number of other toons I actually use regularly? We don't even have enough ships for a full resistance fleet and Raddus isn't better than Malevolence or my then-5* Negotiator.

Disagree with this. Raddus can beat both Malevolence and Negotiator pretty reliably

What are you running?/