TW Leader Board rewards system?

Eleslalegenda
411 posts Member
edited January 2021
I'm sure that this may have been brought up in the past, but has any thought even been giving to having additional rewards to players based on guild rankings at the end of the TW season?

Seems like a pretty logical thing considering we already have the same system in place for GAC seasons.

There's already tiered rewards based on active GP per match, so I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult for something to be implemented over a full TW season.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Let the salt flow.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • What is “the TW season”?

I don’t think this will gain much traction. The matchmaking is fairly obviously in need of a revisit, so there will be vast chunks of the player base convinced that they are being unfairly deprived of these extra rewards.
  • And let the sandbagging intensify. :D
  • It will only discourage sandbagging if there's only one leaderboard. If there are brackets/divisions/whatever, like in GAC, there's some incentive to sandbag. Why settle for 100 in division 1 when you can get rank 10 in division 2?

Not to mention, why not sandbag? If you can definitely win at 200m gp but only have 50% chance to win at 250m gp, wouldn't people sandbag for a better chance to score points?

Numbers are completely made up ofc. That's my thoughts on this.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    And let the sandbagging intensify. :D

I actually think this would discourage sandbagging as long as the leader board stays in the same format of GP defeated.

Yes I realize that this benefits higher gp guilds. GAC currently benefits lean/lower gp rosters so I don't think it's a sticking point. Just have divisions like you already have in GAC or the tiers we already see.

@DarjeloSalas the season is the time between the leader board resets. I don't think there's an issue with matching making, and as I said this could penalize guilds for sandbagging by lowering their gp tier/division.
    So every month, then?

You maybe don’t think there’s a problem, but you’re being incredibly short sighted to dismiss that there are issues with it.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    And let the sandbagging intensify. :D

I actually think this would discourage sandbagging as long as the leader board stays in the same format of GP defeated.

Yes I realize that this benefits higher gp guilds. GAC currently benefits lean/lower gp rosters so I don't think it's a sticking point. Just have divisions like you already have in GAC or the tiers we already see.

@DarjeloSalas the season is the time between the leader board resets. I don't think there's an issue with matching making, and as I said this could penalize guilds for sandbagging by lowering their gp tier/division.
    So every month, then?

You maybe don’t think there’s a problem, but you’re being incredibly short sighted to dismiss that there are issues with it.

I'm not sure how often it resets.

No matchmaking system is perfect, I recognize that. The current one is probably as good as we're going to get it, so we just need a way to penalize the guilds that try to take advantage of the current system.

Even if guilds go all 50, yes there are times that must aches (from a pure gp standpoint) will occur. But go ahead and ask MAW if having 420 million gp guarantees them wins against 370 million gp guilds 😉
    I wonder why you’re looking for this to be implemented... 🧐
    f40igzv10d72.jpeg
    At least @SnakesOnAPlane ’s crowing posts are transparent!