SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Ok what's happening is that hux is giving slkr a bonus turn because their hux is faster than my thrawn. So i need more speed on thrawn or someway ro stun hux
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    Ok what's happening is that hux is giving slkr a bonus turn because their hux is faster than my thrawn. So i need more speed on thrawn or someway ro stun hux

That hasn't happened to me yet. Your sole focus from the start of the game should be clearing any taunts to make way for Thrawn's fracture and eventually DRs mass fear on SLKR.
    Ok what's happening is that hux is giving slkr a bonus turn because their hux is faster than my thrawn. So i need more speed on thrawn or someway ro stun hux

I've recorded a video for you, it might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8014V6WBBA

Stun Hux with Raid Han.
    https://youtu.be/2g8OAy6t-hk

Alternate team: SEE, DR, BSF, Thrawn, GBA (or other pretaunt). Note, there's a mistake in the video. You want Thrawn to have speed and protection (not potency) and he should NOT be faster than DR.

https://youtu.be/k6UIexPauoQ

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    So after 144 pages we've determined that SEE definitely doesn't need a buff.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

I was one of the originals here calling for SEE to be buffed (look at my icon). Now that I have SLKR for PvE content, I agree. SEE is mostly fine in PvP. I feel bad for people that don't have SLKR but whatever.

SEE STILL NEEDS a slight re-work though so he can't be soloed, and so that there isn't as many f2p teams that can beat him (he's at 9+ F2P teams that can beat him - the other GLs have 2-3 max).

For offense in PvP, he's a pure beast and needs no buffs.

• TVF wrote: »

You have
  • He definitely still needs a little tweaking. His damage is still extremely low all things considered, and I want to use him with my other badass sith, not GBA and Thrawn who have both been a part of the meta in some form since they were released.

A couple new sith characters could actually go a long way too. Sure it'd be a new toon to farm and gear, but we really need new sith toons anyway.
  • I spent over 1200 dollars just to get the requirements for a character I dont even enjoy playing. His ultimate is an absolute pain in the **** to get, you have to use toons that dont use fear or stun which leaves you with very limited options. His battles are incredibly slow going and uneventful until or if you get his ultimate off, and he smacks like a wet noodle. Hes countered by as Im sure youve heard far too many free to play teams. He can really only beat one GL without specific comps and modding... I dont even compete in squad arena anymore other than the 2 for daily quests... Please buff this man, he is the ultimate bad guy in star wars reigning in all 3 trilogies and yet Kylo can solo him... Makes zero sense from a lore stand point. #BuffSithEternal
    TVF wrote: »

I was one of the originals here calling for SEE to be buffed (look at my icon). Now that I have SLKR for PvE content, I agree. SEE is mostly fine in PvP. I feel bad for people that don't have SLKR but whatever.

SEE STILL NEEDS a slight re-work though so he can't be soloed, and so that there isn't as many f2p teams that can beat him (he's at 9+ F2P teams that can beat him - the other GLs have 2-3 max).

For offense in PvP, he's a pure beast and needs no buffs.

So I was right all along? 😁
  • He definitely still needs a little tweaking. His damage is still extremely low all things considered, and I want to use him with my other badass sith, not GBA and Thrawn who have both been a part of the meta in some form since they were released.

A couple new sith characters could actually go a long way too. Sure it'd be a new toon to farm and gear, but we really need new sith toons anyway.

This is a very reasonable take.
  • ImperialAegis
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    If they would have just said from the get-go that SEE would be great against PvP Jedi but would not work as well as SLKR or even Rey in PvE content, that would have been enough. I would have saved all my money spent rushing to get him since decent PvE raid rewards are more valuable to me than Arena crystals. As it stands now, I can climb to 1st in the arena and I have to plow the crystals into slowly gearing up toons for the GL I should have gone for in the first place, SLKR. Maybe I’m wrong, but it sure seems like high end raid rewards help your toons progress faster than crystals that will undoubtedly dry up with the next meta shift. Lesson learned, thanks CG. Caveat Emptor...
  • ^^
    Shouldn't that be Caveat Emperor?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You have

I think you've mistaken me for someone who has a dog in the fight.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Am I the only one that didn't go for SEE expecting him to be a raid king?
    Anyway..
    nxn985aiab2t.png

Got some unlimited power now and its quite the difference, he just needs better Sith support. (Yes this has been said already and I'm saying it again, sue me)

February is coming, perhaps a new KOTOR Sith lord to strengthen him?
  • MikKro wrote: »
    Am I the only one that didn't go for SEE expecting him to be a raid king?
    Anyway..
    nxn985aiab2t.png

Got some unlimited power now and its quite the difference, he just needs better Sith support. (Yes this has been said already and I'm saying it again, sue me)

You mean pay more for yet another toon, this time it will make him better, we promise? They better the hell not pull that stunt. Fool me once, you know the rest...
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    ^^
    Shouldn't that be Caveat Emperor?

Ha! That’s all I wanted, really: “Beware, the Emperor!” not “Buyer of the Emperor, beware!” Alas...

Anyway..

I didn't expect him to be a raid king like SLKR, but when they billed him as a Devastating attacker, i did expect him to do at least a little more damage than 3 year old marquee characters in raids.

Anyway, I have SLKR now so don't care, personally.

My thoughts are the same as have been since the SLKR unlock. SEE is a great Arena toon, possibly the best. He's good for offense in TW and GAC. But SLKR is still more versatile and useful in more areas of the game. SLKR remains the best GL to aim for, unless your goal is only Arena.

Anyway..
    nxn985aiab2t.png

Unless its a character who gains a buttload of bonuses every time they increase their mastery or is yet another Wat/Armorer like character I dont see them being used with SEE, regardless of how good they are. They will be 10 times more usefull with a Traya or EP team, where they actually get real bonuses from a leadership, or even better SLKR.
    Anyway..
    nxn985aiab2t.png

Unless its a character who gains a buttload of bonuses every time they increase their mastery or is yet another Wat/Armorer like character I dont see them being used with SEE, regardless of how good they are. They will be 10 times more usefull with a Traya or EP team, where they actually get real bonuses from a leadership, or even better SLKR.

Unless, like Badstilla with Drevan, they have a special interaction with the leader, one could easily be implemented that makes people go “this character is obviously a companion to SEE.” We won’t get that but it is theoretically possible.
  • A sith lead locked kit would be useless to kylo and to have special synergy with SEE they could just add a bonus for example a tank with reduced damage from massive damage if the leader is sith and galactic legend
    A sith lead locked kit would be useless to kylo and to have special synergy with SEE they could just add a bonus for example a tank with reduced damage from massive damage if the leader is sith and galactic legend

This 100%
  • Snooooke
  • Wadthebad wrote: »
    Snooooke

I’ve said it a few times... he’d be a perfect companion to SEE considering they’re both clones of Palps!! Perfect to protect SEE and take the attention away too.
  • Sorry, I say leave SEE the way he is. I have SLKR. Took quite a while, but I thought it was worth it. When SEE came out I thought cool, I'll take my time and go after him. But when I saw what a wimp he is, instead of spending all that effort and a few bucks, then whining that he needs help, I told myself.....skip SEE, he isn't worth it. In my Div 1 squad arena I actively seek out SEER because his squads are so easy to wipe out.

Bottom line, if you know SEE is terrible, pass him up or don't complain he needs special treatment.
  • Sorry, I say leave SEE the way he is. I have SLKR. Took quite a while, but I thought it was worth it. When SEE came out I thought cool, I'll take my time and go after him. But when I saw what a wimp he is, instead of spending all that effort and a few bucks, then whining that he needs help, I told myself.....skip SEE, he isn't worth it. In my Div 1 squad arena I actively seek out SEER because his squads are so easy to wipe out.

Bottom line, if you know SEE is terrible, pass him up or don't complain he needs special treatment.

I mean, thanks for confirming he sucks and showing you don’t want him tweaked because he’s easy to beat for you... I guess?
  • @Hermitthedruid So youve been saying all along that SEE is fine and doesnt need a buff?
    Lets break this down then. Currently
    - Offensive 'powerhouse'
    - Defensive liability
    - Bad at raids
    - On par at TB
    - AB value is irrelevant tbh. Rey doesnt have one. Theres a comp with SEE that can beat it, but he doesnt need to be used to do so. JML isnt needed for the Jedi one either, JKL lead does the heavy lifting.

Pre-Armorer SEE was good on offense yes. Still had a pretty rough go for beating SLKR, so I wouldnt really say he did much better than any other GL on offense, though was just ahead of everyone else due to SEE/Wat beating some Reys and all the JMLs.

Post-Armorer there is no doubt or reason to say he is not the hands down strongest offensive character in the game. So strong it essentially makes him valuable enough there to cover for his weaknesses in my opinion.

Are you really going to do the "I told you so" thing when his weaknesses are only being negated by fantastic performance after a marquee was released about 4 months after SEE was? Like.....dude....what kind of logic is that? Does the release of Armorer make his last 4 months magically better? Do I get my money back for unlocking SEE 3 months before Armorer was released making him a good character?

As is, there is no way to justify and changes that end up buffing SEE, whether they be outright buffs or changes to his mechanics unless they gate Armorer to not work with him, like making her LS or Mando restricted which would make a hell of a lot of sense. SEE is in a pretty good spot even if I hate the way they did it, and hate playing battles with Tank Tech or Beskar Armor.
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    Sorry, I say leave SEE the way he is. I have SLKR. Took quite a while, but I thought it was worth it. When SEE came out I thought cool, I'll take my time and go after him. But when I saw what a wimp he is, instead of spending all that effort and a few bucks, then whining that he needs help, I told myself.....skip SEE, he isn't worth it. In my Div 1 squad arena I actively seek out SEER because his squads are so easy to wipe out.

Seems that only SLKR deserves to be buffed then?
  • There’s a lot more data on The Armorer now and it’s clear she has a big impact on SEE’s PVP viability. I still hope they adjust the IT counter and the GL solo issue. I think it’s important for SEE to have reliable counters , but I would appreciate a little RNG thrown in. It’s strange that a light side toon from a completely different faction works so well with him. It seems a bit silly running the two together, but then again I guess Rey works well with Malak so?

If this was a dark side toon that worked specifically with SEE *cough General Pryde *cough and he had been part of SEE’s requirements I think a lot of us would have been thrilled.
  • Decado wrote: »
    @Hermitthedruid So youve been saying all along that SEE is fine and doesnt need a buff?
    Lets break this down then. Currently
    - Offensive 'powerhouse'
    - Defensive liability
    - Bad at raids
    - On par at TB
    - AB value is irrelevant tbh. Rey doesnt have one. Theres a comp with SEE that can beat it, but he doesnt need to be used to do so. JML isnt needed for the Jedi one either, JKL lead does the heavy lifting.

Pre-Armorer SEE was good on offense yes. Still had a pretty rough go for beating SLKR, so I wouldnt really say he did much better than any other GL on offense, though was just ahead of everyone else due to SEE/Wat beating some Reys and all the JMLs.

Post-Armorer there is no doubt or reason to say he is not the hands down strongest offensive character in the game. So strong it essentially makes him valuable enough there to cover for his weaknesses in my opinion.

Are you really going to do the "I told you so" thing when his weaknesses are only being negated by fantastic performance after a marquee was released about 4 months after SEE was? Like.....dude....what kind of logic is that? Does the release of Armorer make his last 4 months magically better? Do I get my money back for unlocking SEE 3 months before Armorer was released making him a good character?

As is, there is no way to justify and changes that end up buffing SEE, whether they be outright buffs or changes to his mechanics unless they gate Armorer to not work with him, like making her LS or Mando restricted which would make a hell of a lot of sense. SEE is in a pretty good spot even if I hate the way they did it, and hate playing battles with Tank Tech or Beskar Armor.

I think he was in reference to the idea that a new toon is the better route. He’s mentioned it before as have I (could totally be wrong though).

As I said in my last post it seems a bit silly running SEE with a light side Mandalorian. I think we would all prefer a dark side toon that works with SEE. That said one of the advantages to adding a toon is it helps control game balance. It’s possible one of the reasons Link’s reduced damage effects don’t apply to GL’s is that doing so made SLKR matches too difficult for SLKR on Offense. I’ve always felt his kit was written overly cautious and this adds to my suspicions.
This discussion has been closed.