Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    It's probably a waste of time typing this , since you will never respond but anyways.

You have mentioned that you are doing things to help with the increase in the amount of characters.
    A HUGE issue in this game for years, is mod management and i will have to say that you have ignored the issue and it has become even worst.
    Currently I have 40 mods in my inbox and i usually spend around 100-150 crystals in mod slicing per day.
    What is your approach to this issue? How to you address something like this?
    Can't you just increase the storage each player has for mods?
    Would it be easier if you increased the drop rates on mod slicing materials? Or maybe decrease the cost to refresh your mod energy?
    Is there a plan to solve this issue?

It is already tough to manage your mods and choose which to upgrade. It becomes even harder when your inbox is full of mods that you can use.

Sell mods. I farm 3x refresh worth of mods every single day and I sell mods every single day.

I don't believe it is as simple as that and I don't think that this is a solution to it either!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    It's probably a waste of time typing this , since you will never respond but anyways.

You have mentioned that you are doing things to help with the increase in the amount of characters.
    A HUGE issue in this game for years, is mod management and i will have to say that you have ignored the issue and it has become even worst.
    Currently I have 40 mods in my inbox and i usually spend around 100-150 crystals in mod slicing per day.
    What is your approach to this issue? How to you address something like this?
    Can't you just increase the storage each player has for mods?
    Would it be easier if you increased the drop rates on mod slicing materials? Or maybe decrease the cost to refresh your mod energy?
    Is there a plan to solve this issue?

It is already tough to manage your mods and choose which to upgrade. It becomes even harder when your inbox is full of mods that you can use.

Sell mods. I farm 3x refresh worth of mods every single day and I sell mods every single day.

I don't believe it is as simple as that and I don't think that this is a solution to it either!

It is a solution, and at this point it's the necessary one, but hopefully we get either more space or some better managment tools.
  • ]

It may NOT be that simple, you might actually have to take a hard look at your mods and sell some of the dross.
    I do the same as TVF, 3 refreshes a day and sell the junk. I sold a 9 speed mod yesterday because the other stats didn't match the mod.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • If you're constantly farming mods, then you won't get enough mod slicing mats. You would have to sell all but the gold and maybe some of the purple. And maybe that strategy works for you, but there are all these free mods from events that come in, and those are most frequently NOT purple or gold, so in order to get the golds and purples you're sacrificing a very large number of blues and some more (but fewer) greens and whites.

If you had a much larger mod storage capacity, you could afford to upgrade the levels of, say, all the rest of your purple mods and a large number of blue ones, just letting them sit there as the slicing mats passively trickle in then slicing those which are of particular use for a particular purpose.

Plus... culling your mods is the single least-fun part of this entire game. If I had to do that every day, I would quit. The purpose of a game is to have fun, after all. So if I were in charge at CG, I would definitely work on the mod system to make it possible to engage in mod management less often.

It's the same reason that dungeons & dragons eventually moved away from material component management: most people skipped that part of the game anyway since it just wasn't fun and the purpose of any game is to have fun.

IMO, CG really has lost the plot on mods.
  • If you're constantly farming mods, then you won't get enough mod slicing mats.

Except that I do. The first thing I sliced upon mods 2.0 was my triangles, I farmed slicing mats for those. Then I needed a specific cross for Veers and farmed for it for about 6 months before getting one. Now my mod roster is wide enough that I don't have to move mods around. The slicing mats come in regularly from events. Thanks GA.
    If you had a much larger mod storage capacity,

I don't, and they don't seem inclined to increase it.
  • Me:
    If you're constantly farming mods, then you won't get enough mod slicing mats.

You:
    Except that I do. The first thing I sliced upon mods 2.0 was my triangles, I farmed slicing mats for those.

Words! What do they mean?

If you farmed slicing mats, then you took a break from farming mods. Ipso factotum lorem, grod terrazzo demon stadium!

Seriously, can you miss the point harder please? I could use the entertainment.
  • Ok,, you're absolutely right, I did farm slicing mats when they were introduced. Because I didn't have any since they were new. I stopped farming them once my triangles that were worth slicing were sliced and continued going after new mods.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Me:
    If you're constantly farming mods, then you won't get enough mod slicing mats.

You:
    Except that I do. The first thing I sliced upon mods 2.0 was my triangles, I farmed slicing mats for those.

Words! What do they mean?

If you farmed slicing mats, then you took a break from farming mods. Ipso factotum lorem, grod terrazzo demon stadium!

Seriously, can you miss the point harder please? I could use the entertainment.

:facepalm:

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Here's an idea: Could you give us a 1 - 10 "Porkins scale" for the chances of stuff (characters, events, whatever) appearing here? The idea is that 1 would be pretty much a guarantee and 10 would be Porkins, a.k.a. the only character to ever recieve a hard no. You could just drop a few names and numbers from time to time, with a short elaboration on the factors involved in the rating, like the source material, popularity, affiliation of the character and so on. I think there are enough names being floated on this forum to fill a few lists.
    And yes, it is inspired by Mark Rosewater's Storm scale.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    a behind the scenes look at older features/content (I plan on one day telling the story about staying at the studio until 4am to work on the STR mere days before its release).

Any behind the scenes stories on:

1. Relic Abilities - Why did you guys scrap that idea? some RA ideas that you guys had floating around?
    2. Inter-Guild GAC - TopHat mentioned that idea when GAC launched, but it was never realized nor does it seem to be in the radar - why not? Any insights on it?

Insights into other scrapped ideas we aren't aware of would be a cool topic i'd love to read about
  • Just letting you know how awesome it would be if the Bad Batch was added to the game as a functioning squad with maybe Finnic Shan since she was seen recently in the trailer and also Boba Fett unmasked from Mando would be epic as a clone because he is
  • Inter guild battles... cannot believe this is not a thing in swgoh yet. I would be amazing to have this! I can only speak for myself but would imagine that the vast majority of the player base would love this.
    When shardmates get matched up with eachother there is such a buzz in the chat..... it matters more when there is bragging rights with your friends on the table
  • I feel like some of the best content in the game is associated with Journey/Legendary characters where there is a story associated with it, or it's tied to lore, or you had to gear up and squad to unlock some character you really strived for. There are always memorable moments in those events whether you love the lore behind it, or remember the feeling of finally unlocking that character at 7 stars you worked so hard for.

The only bad thing about those events? Zero incentive to play them once you finish.

I think a piece of very low hanging fruit, and replayable content (which the community is so hungry for) would be these events. Tie some type of reward (most likely gear) to these events once you complete every stage on a daily/weekly basis, and people WILL go replay that content. Don't make it simmable, and don't make the rewards cheap.

Examples: 2-5 Mk V Stun Guns on a weekly basis from the Malak event. 1-2 Mk 12 Fusion furnaces for the C3PO event, 1-2 of each Kyrotechs for the BB8 event.

Have this gear rotate on a weekly basis, and you have ALREADY BUILT, AWESOME content being used and played on a daily/weekly basis by a huge portion of the community, that currently sits dormant in our Joruney Guide after completion.
  • Greetings,

I'm not sure how much you guys listen to some of your new requests but I was thinking of an idea for a New Raid that could act as a Space Battle and Squad Hybrid that may be interesting. I'm not a developer but just thought I would mention an idea.

With the variety of raids you guys offer I am sure it may or may not happen but perhaps the raid could be like a Raid on Exegol with cinematic and references to the last movie being a hybrid of Fleet Battle and Squad Battle. It would be like a middle man raid leading into Challenge Rancor to better gear your characters to take on this new interesting challenge raid that was recently added. Maybe another way to get mod upgrades after t6 and offering another way to get relic material for the raid or just gear needed to relic your characters...

Each tier of the raid would lead to the next portion of the raid as you guys already are doing but each tier would be a different type of battle.

Perhaps starting with fleet battles for the first couple tiers eventually leading to a confrontation with Sith Eternal Emperor in squad with the release of the new GL, incorporating Kylo and Rey in the confrontation. Or just trying your hand without Rey and Kylo's assistance in the fight with your own teams.

Each tier of the raid gets you closer to Sith Eternal Emperor landing on the last part of the raid in the 4th stage in the confrontation of the Sith Eternal Emperor.

I haven't really thought of the details but since you have hybrid Territory Battles I thought maybe a raid that does similar plays like in Geonosian TB and Hoth TB. Just an idea since the end game for fleets seem to be lacking unlike squad where there are still further upgrades you can do with squad teams.
  • Inter guild battles... cannot believe this is not a thing in swgoh yet.

We already have inter-guild battles. There's one going on right now. They're called Territory Wars.
  • Maybe some galactic legends outside of the sequel trilogy. I understand that while many love the sequel trilogy there also people who aren’t big fans of it. And it would be nice to see representation of other eras in galactic legends like the prequels, the originals, KOTOR, and even new Star Wars projects.
  • Maybe some galactic legends outside of the sequel trilogy. I understand that while many love the sequel trilogy there also people who aren’t big fans of it.

Yep. I wasn't a "fan" of the final trilogy, but I liked it more than Ep 1 & Ep 2. The thing that saved that era for me wasn't he movies, which were pretty awful, but CW: TAS. And even CW:TAS would have only been so good without Ahsoka. The other main characters simply don't develop very much. Kenobi is pretty much the same person at the end that he was when he started. Anakin isn't quite as static as Kenobi, but he doesn't grow that much either (to be fair, they couldn't allow him to change very much since in the movies he doesn't change much between the end of Ep 2 and the start of Ep 3).

I think there's a lot of fun in simply realizing a complicated fictional world in glorious detail, and so even when everything else fails (I'm looking at you, Ep 1) there's at least a visual beauty to the films.

So for me, the high point really is the OT. Not having GLs from the OT era kinda bugs me.
    it would be nice to see representation of other eras in galactic legends like the prequels, the originals, KOTOR, and even new Star Wars projects.

I never played KOTOR, and for me it strikes me as odd to use one video game as the source material for another. In the end if they are good toons with well-realized kits where the abilities feed into the characterization, then fine. I don't really care if it comes from a book or a video game or whatever.

That said, I'm still OT first, CW:TAS second, and the new live-action series 3rd. Other things from KOTOR or books are a distant 4th priority for me, as far as next GLs are concerned.
  • TW mismatches when one guild has close to max participation and the other is lower (<47) - also sometimes called "sandbagging", as some believe the smaller numbered guilds are purposely dropping their numbers to create these mismatches.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Inter guild battles... cannot believe this is not a thing in swgoh yet.

We already have inter-guild battles. There's one going on right now. They're called Territory Wars.

In what way does a territory war allow you to battle your guild mates rosta?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Deany123 wrote: »
    Inter guild battles... cannot believe this is not a thing in swgoh yet.

Inter-guild = between guilds, just like international is between nations.
    What you are looking for is intra-guild.
  • Can we have new relic 8 material pack equivalent available to buy with crystals? Same pack for 7000?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Deany123 wrote: »
    Inter guild battles... cannot believe this is not a thing in swgoh yet.

Inter-guild = between guilds, just like international is between nations.
    What you are looking for is intra-guild.

Thank you for the clarifying and the correction
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Janis wrote: »
    Can we have new relic 8 material pack equivalent available to buy with crystals? Same pack for 7000?

Nah.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Can we have new relic 8 material pack equivalent available to buy with crystals? Same pack for 7000?

Nah.

Why not give F2P this expensive option. Atleast then we can save up and in a month get r8 character, with spending crystals, saved up
  • Janis wrote: »

Nah.

Why not give F2P this expensive option. Atleast then we can save up and in a month get r8 character, with spending crystals, saved up

I'm not against it whatsoever. Though is 7k the equivalent of crystal prices vs. the previous pack price? I sounded quite low to me.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Nah.

I'm not against it whatsoever. Though is 7k the equivalent of crystal prices vs. the previous pack price? I sounded quite low to me.

It was just an example. Just an suggest to CG. 15K is vault and that costs around the same as 2 packs, which allows to upgrade to R8
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

Nah.

Why not give F2P this expensive option.

Beacuse they....wouldn't but it?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    *buy
  • Janis wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Nah.

It was just an example. Just an suggest to CG. 15K is vault and that costs around the same as 2 packs, which allows to upgrade to R8

Yeah, then I agree that you should provide an extra avenue to get r8 exclusive mats if they are to make them hard requirement for something at a similar price point to it's monetary cost. I doubt it would be bad for cg to melt people's hoards this way.
  • Also it would be great to receive those new pieces in assault battles challenge tier 3. That would make people hard farm different factions.
This discussion has been closed.